Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a solution for production
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a solution for production

Hello guys,

So I've been looking for a solution to use it for production, here is what I'm thinking:

• 2 VPSs for high availability ( I am thinking of OVH Cloud VPS ).
  • DDoS Protection ( Build-in with the VPS or separated ).
  • 1 VPS for remote database backups ( Ramnod SSD-Cached ).

Any advice for a relatively cheap VPS for production with or without DDoS protection, I don't want my server to get null route for a simple DDoS attack.

I am thinking of "Pro" plan from CloudFlare $20/m for started is good for now I guess.

My server won't get high traffic or high number of visitors or high processing power, but also I need it to be secure from any DDoS and ensure the availability to 100%.

Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• And does ramnod with extra DDoS protection is good for production ?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

If both of your VPS are from OVH, I don't call that High Availability (unless 2 different DC).

If you want, take a look to our recent offer: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/101562/gestion-dbi-768mb-openvz-vps-for-3-mo-cad-storage-vps-and-more

I list inside of the post the DDoS Mitigated location.

Regards, David

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@BlackStab said:
    And does ramnod with extra DDoS protection is good for production ?

Do you mean Ramnode? We has used Ramnode in the past and it was solid.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2017

@BlackStab said:

check out that https://www.domflow.it/cloud.php

All locations are on HA enviroment based on OnAPP with default 10Gbps DDoS Protection included (upgrades avaiable). Is a full virtual datacenterwhere you can add vms, containers, import VOA file, mount own ISO and now use application server ( https://www.domflow.it/oneclick.php ), 3 regions, external hardware firewall, public and private interfaces. You will also have access to our worldwide CDN and Anycast DNS

If you're interested, please contact me for a free trial.

• davidgestiondbi said: If both of your VPS are from OVH, I don't call that High Availability (unless 2 different DC).

If you want, take a look to our recent offer: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/101562/gestion-dbi-768mb-openvz-vps-for-3-mo-cad-storage-vps-and-more

Regards, David

Hey man,

Really like the service on gestiondbi.com, I will consider the LEB16-Storage for sure,,, but does "LEB16-OVZ768" VPS is good for production?

btw, of course I would buy 2 OVH cloud vps on different DC.

SSDBlaze said: Do you mean Ramnode? We has used Ramnode in the past and it was solid.

Yes, ramenode. Thanks for reply

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@BlackStab said:

davidgestiondbi said: If both of your VPS are from OVH, I don't call that High Availability (unless 2 different DC).

Regards, David

Hey man,

Really like the service on gestiondbi.com, I will consider the LEB16-Storage for sure,,, but does "LEB16-OVZ768" VPS is good for production?

btw, of course I would buy 2 OVH cloud vps on different DC.

SSDBlaze said: Do you mean Ramnode? We has used Ramnode in the past and it was solid.

Yes, ramenode. Thanks for reply

We provide SLA on this plan and I can say that the uptime is pretty good. More than 250+ days on many of our nodes (some are 700+).

With the fraction of the price of a OVH Cloud VPS, you can even add a third wheel to your cluster, as we do with the DeepNetSolutions website. Hosted on 3 VPS across the world in HA.

Regards, David

• @matteob said:

Thanks for the offer, I will contact you when I make my mind.

davidgestiondbi said: We provide SLA on this plan and I can say that the uptime is pretty good. More than 250+ days on many of our nodes (some are 700+).

With the fraction of the price of a OVH Cloud VPS, you can even add a third wheel to your cluster, as we do with the DeepNetSolutions website. Hosted on 3 VPS across the world in HA.

Regards, David

Well this seems a great deal for me, I will make it a third wheel for sure, just to add another node to the cluster. Thanks for the help

Thanked by 1matteob
  • WHTWHT Member

Production and VPS in my eyes is a no-go. What if you get suspended by abusing cpu? Or the server gets hacked and data gets terminated.

Get a dedi from somewhere and sleep well.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WHT said: Get a dedi from somewhere and sleep well.

Can you recommend any particular provider ? My budget is at max $400/ year

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Reliable, you should consider just getting something without mitigation on a good network then use CloudFlare over it. Their paid plan does work well if you work with the tools it has. What kind of site is it? Forum/CMS or something different?

RamNode or Incero's SpeedyKVM are probably two of the most reliable networks for cheaper VPS. OVH's cloud VPS will work but I've had some issues occasionally that I can't pinpoint, I think it's an issue with their ceph storage but it rarely happens with nothing to be logged. Could well be something on my setup though that I haven't come across yet though.

The RamNode SSD-cached plans work great for a storage server, speeds were always really good to across the states. I used to have a cheap one I got during a discounted period as an extra place to store a few backups.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We offer Voxility Anti DDoS protection (> 500 Gbps) in our Germany location by default. You will be on fast SSDs which are perfect for databases. Let me know if you are interested, we can make you individual offers via PM / Live Chat / E-Mail.

• @MikeA said:
    Reliable, you should consider just getting something without mitigation on a good network then use CloudFlare over it. Their paid plan does work well if you work with the tools it has. What kind of site is it? Forum/CMS or something different?

RamNode or Incero's SpeedyKVM are probably two of the most reliable networks for cheaper VPS. OVH's cloud VPS will work but I've had some issues occasionally that I can't pinpoint, I think it's an issue with their ceph storage but it rarely happens with nothing to be logged. Could well be something on my setup though that I haven't come across yet though.

The RamNode SSD-cached plans work great for a storage server, speeds were always really good to across the states. I used to have a cheap one I got during a discounted period as an extra place to store a few backups.

Well, I am planning to host a specific app which companies will use on their daily work. And I was looking for a solution to keep my services up to 100%, 2 VPS mirror each other.

I guess the best solution for me is to go with 2 VPSs from ramnode with cloudflare paid service, OVH is good but ramnode has a better reputation. SpeedyKVM is a no for me because I need Europe location or UK.

nik said: We offer Voxility Anti DDoS protection (> 500 Gbps) in our Germany location by default. You will be on fast SSDs which are perfect for databases. Let me know if you are interested, we can make you individual offers via PM / Live Chat / E-Mail.

Thanks for the offer, I will contact you when I make my mind :)

• WHTWHT Member

@BlackStab said:

WHT said: Get a dedi from somewhere and sleep well.

Cloud> @BlackStab said:

WHT said: Get a dedi from somewhere and sleep well.

Get a dedicated from online.net, it is under your budget.

• CHECK https://hostus.us/special-offers.html

we are not related to hostus in any way. if you need any help don't hesitate to contact :)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

I can offer

1 GB RAM

20 GB SSD Disk

1 TB Bandwidth

1 IPv4

Xen HVM

$5/mo

in Dallas(Incero) and Buffalo. You can setup real-time replication of your webapp or rsync everything every 10 minutes with cron job. Have an external monitor(We can offer one in Sweden) that checks if master is down every 5 min and uses script to change DNS record at your registrar with Low TTL to replicated server IP. Once down node is online, use a manual rsync from replicated server and switch DNS manually.