Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10Gbps rdp with ssd storage. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10Gbps rdp with ssd storage.

2»

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

If you pay in BTC, and yearly upfront. I know a guy.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @bsdguy said:

@iVRA said:
    -- and funny as hell --

Indeed. Get the coffee ready. Don't underestimate providers forced to line up without at least getting some coffee.

@bsdguy
    I think no one forced you to reply
    Now, stop spamming my post with your replies .

Thanked by 1muratai
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2017

OK, iVRA,

It wasn't spamming; it was a friendly funny way to tell you something but obviously that doesn't work with you.

Bandwidth is among the highest cost factors in hosting. Plus one can't play many tricks. With hardware one can get away with calculating in real vs. bookkeeping life time or buying second hand and with some overbooking.
    With bandwidth not. You pay it, period. And you'd better not have lousy one because that quickly shows and keeps clients away.

The way it works with bandwidth is that the hoster has a certain contingent that is shared between all customers or all in a rack or all in a node, etc., based on realistic usage patterns. That whole thing works the better the bigger the contingent and the more clients over which it is spread.

Single or dual 10 Gb is a typical bandwidth for a whole rack which depending on the hardware used equates some hundred cores, each of which typically carries 2 to 8 vps clients (which btw also means that vps providers to a large degree make their living with the difference between what each user actually needs and uses and what they think they need).

Now let's look at the secret of "but I've seen an offer with 10 Gb (shared)". Simple: A fat blade box with 10 or 14 blades in it that has a 10 Gb uplink. Et voila, there is your shared 10 Gb - of which you will get 1 Gb physically, maybe the physical limit is 2 Gb but chances are low in this business segment. This, however, doesn't mean that you even have 1 Gb fix; it merely means that the interface could carry up to 1 Gb. Same goes for the uplink with 10 Gb.

And now you come and ask for shared 10 Gb (with the "shared" behind the disk, not behind the bandwidth). This immediately translates to "that guy/gal is about to to use lots and lots of bandwidth and volume which will break my spreading and create trouble".

But I have good news, too. If your data volume was within a more common frame (say, 10 or 15 TB) and you needed the 10 Gb port only because that volume wouldn't be used well spread over the month but in some spikes, say every 5th. day, then you might be lucky and find what you ask for for 50$.

And you will find what I said mirrored in e.g. the above offer. Quite probably a dual 8C/16T blade with 10 Gb uplink and a limit of 33 TB which equates to roughly 100 Mb/s. Btw, he offers you a quite nice volume price; 100 TB for 50$ is by far cheaper than what most ask. And note that even those 133 TB would still easily go through a 1 Gb/s link.

Whatever it is you are after, you should provide some more detailed info. This will help the providers to see and calculate whether is feasible and it will help you to possibly get it.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc user123
  • iVRA said: my post

This is a public forum, so no, this is not "your" post.

Regards.

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited January 2017

I know 1 provider with 80TB shared 10Gbit connection for $60,99/mo. Read first the reviews. Link They have now a limited stock of 20 servers.

Thanked by 2muratai pbgben
  • @bugrakoc said:

iVRA said: my post

This is a public forum, so no, this is not "your" post.

Regards.

@bugrakoc
    yes it's public forum , but this is my post wheather you like it or not .
    dammit , there are many members like you here on the forum ?

• yes its "your post" but its everyones replies whether you like them, hate them, disagree with them, are repulsed by them or not. They simply can post any reply to your original post if it falls within the rules, so @iVRA what exact issues do you have with others posting their thoughts?

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • iVRA said: this is my post wheather you like it or not

This is your post, as you have typed and posted it. However, you don't own the thread. That's what I meant. As @OhMyMy stated, I can write whatever pleases me as long as I adhere to the rules.

• @bsdguy actually took the time and effort to explain the situation, after the inelegant attitude @iVRA adopted. He must be the real MVP.

• @bugrakoc said:

iVRA said: this is my post wheather you like it or not

This is your post, as you have typed and posted it. However, you don't own the thread. That's what I meant. As @OhMyMy stated, I can write whatever pleases me as long as I adhere to the rules.

@bugrakoc: No you don't have the right to write whatever you pleases on my thread ! we're not in the jungle , your comment was off-topic, that's called spam , if you don't like something, move along. do not comment.

• @iVRA - my suggestion, flag the post and let mods deal with it. Of course, they will see nothing wrong with it, so my suggestion to you @ivra is to just move along (ie take your own advice)

• iVRA

Cut it already! You are completely new here and without any reputation so far.
    You may open a thread with a request and did so. And we may respond in any way we see fit within the rules.

What we can or can't say here is up to the moderators, not to a newcomer with censoring tendencies.

It would be smarter and more useful if you wrote somewhat more about the details of your needs.

• iVRA said: No you don't have the right to write whatever you pleases on my thread !

I'm afraid I do. Sorry.

iVRA said: that's called spam

No it's not.

• Lets be honest here.
    RDP
    Hostdizere
    10 Gbit Uplink
    ask for rights

iVRA is looking for an admin account on a beefy windows dedicated server to spread illegal files which is not offered by any provider on LET afaik.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @Tion said:
    Lets be honest here.
    RDP
    Hostdizere
    10 Gbit Uplink
    ask for rights

iVRA is looking for an admin account on a beefy windows dedicated server to spread illegal files which is not offered by any provider on LET afaik.

@Tion
    Who told you that? im not looking for admin account , im looking for a providers like Hostdzire . is that so hard to understand ?

• iVRA said: no kids providers like hostdzire please

iVRA said: im looking for a providers like Hostdzire

You should make up your mind.

Thanked by 1willie
  • So it's no problem if it's shared right? then you can go to here it is actually not an RDP but a windows VPS with full administrator access so please consider the ram cause it will be dedicated for you. They claimed can give you 10Gbps uplink, I've tried their service 3 - 4 years ago when 10Gbps is such a rare speed i got some error infinity00 Mb while tested it on speedtest.net, probably the speedtest server is not fast enough in that time.

Thanked by 1iVRA
  • @bugrakoc said:

iVRA said: no kids providers like hostdzire please

iVRA said: im looking for a providers like Hostdzire

You should make up your mind.

@bugrakoc
    Get lost .

• @brian777 said:
    So it's no problem if it's shared right? then you can go to here it is actually not an RDP but a windows VPS with full administrator access so please consider the ram cause it will be dedicated for you. They claimed can give you 10Gbps uplink, I've tried their service 3 - 4 years ago when 10Gbps is such a rare speed i got some error infinity00 Mb while tested it on speedtest.net, probably the speedtest server is not fast enough in that time.

@brian777
    thank's alot mate :)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

• iVRA said: Get lost