Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedicated server - best providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedicated server - best providers

We are happy with the services offered by OVH datacenter , although they are sometimes slow in ticket replying , is there any other DC who provide better services ? please let us know . I heard digitalocean is having better services but prices are high though.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Normally if you're expecting better service, you need to adjust your budget accordingly.

What location are you after ?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Pretty sure DigitalOcean is unmanaged just like OVH.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

Thy respond in an acceptable timeframe when there's a problem that might be HW related ;-).

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

@Clouvider said:

@MikeA said:

Thy respond in an acceptable timeframe when there's a problem that might be HW related ;-).

If user has a VPS (since he mentioned DigitalOcean), he wouldn't have a hardware issue on OVH VPS. Plus their dedicated servers have hardware monitoring with their RTK installed (it is by default on dedicated servers I believe). Things such as disk failure automatically get put in their system for replacement, interventions are always under 15-30 minutes.

I know his title says "dedicated server" but I don't think DO has dedicated servers soo

Just saying.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Cheapest? SYS/OVH (Kimsufi).

Best? Cant go wrong with Liquidweb managed Dedi. Heroic Support 60 seconds chat reply and 30 min ticket reply.

• MilesWeb offers a comprehensive line-up of fully managed dedicated servers in India, UK and US datacenters; from basic entry level to latest high performance servers across various price points. Available with a choice of Linux and Windows operating systems and a host of other customization and addon options, these servers are designed as a one stop solution for any requirement. All servers are connected to a high-speed, redundant network and backed with 24x7 Support, Pro-active Server Monitoring and 100% Uptime SLA.

• @newtown

What is"better services" and what's your context? Do you mean a dedi provider with always fast response times? Or a cheap one? Or both? Or one that sells only dedis that are not older than x years? Or what?
    You also might to consider and, if relevant, mention things like pipes. The difference between multi-Tb and 6 or 14 Gb share with others might be critical. Or IPMI/ILo, etc.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hetzner is good too. their support is really good.

• It appears to me that you are talking about VPS not dedicated servers as the heading suggests. Again without describing what you refer to as better we will have to guess. Are you looking for cheap VPS? VPS with good support? VPS that are well virtualized? What exactly are you considering? Whatever it is though there are several providers who can give you a good deal just be a little specific on your need

• sinsin Member

I've been happy with Online.net, Leaseweb, and although I haven't been with them very long I have been super impressed with Worldstream too.