Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any paypal expert?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any paypal expert?

So the thing is im trying to make a payment and i do not want to use my card but my paypal balance. Paypal says it will automatically choose paypal balance on any purchase online, but it is not.

It gives me only the option of my credit card and no other options.

I looked online but nothing.

Comments

• Where are you trying to pay at? Some certain webstores "make" you use a credit/debit card linked to paypal and not paypal balance, I encountered this on a website that only let you use subscription payments. I am not sure of a workaround to that, maybe someone else has done this before

• Namecheap for example, cannot purchase a domain name with my paypal funds [no option].

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

is the balance in the same currency ?
    is the balance cleared?

• mrdarkimrdarki Member
    edited December 2016

@Clouvider yes its in USD[same as merchant] and the balance is cleared / verified

• @mrdarki said:
    Namecheap for example, cannot purchase a domain name with my paypal funds [no option].

You can purchase using PayPal funds, I have card attached but PayPal always use PayPal balance first, if no balance then use your bank or card whatever you have chosen as alternate funding source.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TheKiller that's the thing, paypal does not give me an option to pay with my paypal funds even though i already have enough, There's no option.

• I'm facing the same issue too.

Some certain webstores "make" you use a credit/debit card linked to paypal and not paypal balance

Not sure if this is true, but I was indeed able to make purchase via my balance on some services last week.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Never had similar issue then and we buy through PayPal a lot.

• Probably due to the thing you're trying to purchase is using the subscription method which requires to use the credit/debit card.

• @Maher , it does not work on checkout payment aswell. Nor in donations.

I simply cannot use any automatically payment because it will ask for my credit card only, i cannot use my paypal balance.

• You know Paypal has a support line that you can call right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Jonchun i already did but was wondering if someone here had experienced such a thing before.

• sharuusharuu Member
    edited December 2016

Are you in India?

Edit:
    "any balance in and all future payments into your PayPal account may not be used to buy goods or services and must be transferred to your bank account in India within seven days from the receipt of confirmation from the buyer in respect of the goods or services"

You may want to check if any restrictions apply to your country - https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

References:
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/banking/finance/banking/paypal-follows-rbi-to-restrict-e-payment-to-indian-merchants/articleshow/7383953.cms

• They just tried to create subscription with payment by credit card for easy auto charge. I got it several times when tried pay from balance. Only CC at no other option.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

We is expertz

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Go into https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/

Is your credit card set as the "preferred"? If it is, try to remove that.