Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedi east request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedi east request

bsdguybsdguy Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

Hi, back again.

First two quick remarks:a) I was very busy and hence long not here. b) I'm pleased to see that cociu who in the beginning was ridiculed has found a good place and some respect here (albeit as the guy with crazy offers *g. But that's what we love with him). I was one of his first customers here and still am.

Now for the request:

I need a dedi (or a strong not overbooked kvm vps) with 2 - 4 cores/threads [4C/8T], 4 [8] GB RAM, 2 disks >= 200 GB ((soft)raid 1), >= 5TB traffic (100Mb is perfectly fine), 2 IP4 [6]. IPMI or remote KVM or the like is a must.

(Note: values in [] give desirable values to help you gauge the request. Example: I'd prefer 4 cores/8 threads, will however gladly accept 2/4 or 4/4 offers).

Obviously price is a concern but if it's good I will pay 3 months in advance and if I'm happy annually thereafter. Alternatively, you give me 1 week testing time and then I pay 1 yr/advance.

Location: Eastern europe. very much preferred: Russia. Acceptable: Romania, Bulgaria, moldavia. baltics need not respond; ukraine not accepted, no matter what the price.

The project is not about adult, warez, etc (ask cociu; I never created trouble), but about free speech due to ever stricter censoring within eu, hence we want a location who either doesn't care at all or very little and hesitant about dmca and brussels wishes.

Apologies if my formatting is not OK. Kindly tell me how to do better and I will do.

Thanks and a good and successful new year to all LETters.

P.S. Offers by PM are acceptable (if the rules here allow that).
P.S. I don't care about SSDs. spindles are fine, too.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Ever stricter censoring of a free speech in the EU. That's interesting - can you elaborate on that?

• sweden behaves like a usa colony, and, to name another example, in germany they are actually working to urgently push through laws against "hate speech" (read: citizens who dislike the governments policy) and "fake news" (read: sites who dare to tell the truth). From what I see theworst of the censoring countries are currently trying to push the whole eu into censoring laws.

So, the project is purely about european citizens speaking their mind and discussing freely (and stupidly actually believing in their countries constitutional rights).

Well noted: This is a polite response and explanation. I'm absolutely not about to start a political discussion here.

• I'd recommend speaking to @AlexBarakov for Eastern Europe.

• bsdguy said: Hi, back again.

First two quick remarks:a) I was very busy and hence long not here. b) I'm pleased to see that cociu who in the beginning was ridiculed has found a good place and some respect here (albeit as the guy with crazy offers *g. But that's what we love with him). I was one of his first customers here and still am.

Now for the request:

So , for the person you are i will offer you 3 kvm with your spec in 3 different networks (all in Romania) for free for the next year. Also i want to thank you for the person you are and apologise for my time because i am full all day. PM with you skype and i am glad to discuss with you.

Thanked by 2Blazing ThracianDog
  • No need to apologize cociu. You were in a lot of stress then and I'm honestly happy to see that your efforts led you to successfully build a nice business. I'm glad and proud that I stood by you and defended you in the beginning.

Yes, let's talk.

Oh and btw, I might have something interesting for you: I have worked on a remote firewall control that is interesting for two reasons: a) I was pissed that most providers have no other way than cumbersome trouble tickets or email to allow me to setup my own firewall rules on their border fw, b) I wanted a way on my servers to have e.g. my web server tell the fw to block offenders.
    All that would be need for you would be some functionality to limit users to only their own IPs (so user A can't change fw rules for the IPs of user B).

That might be yet another factor to give you an advantage, hehe.

@all

While I will certainly stay with cociu I'm still interested in offers as I want to keep that project apart from my usual stuff . Also I would love to have something in Russia.

Thanks for your consideration

Thanked by 1Blazing
  • bsdguy said: Also I would love to have something in Russia.

I can confirm , good user and verry correct so i hope the providers who have russia locations make you a good offer and threat you good.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have an awesome deal in Bulgaria, going on for dedicated servers with great connectivity. However we do act on proper DMCA and any other legal requirements. Just as any other provider. Even if the provider ignores it, sooner or later it's going to hit the upstreams and they will filter out prefixes or worse.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited December 2016

Again: I have never hosted warez, never spammed, etc. nor have I the slightest interest to do that. The point I'm interested in is *free speech. *

Look at it like this: In some european countries the governments sht on their own constitution and laws and complain, for instance, about facebook not deleting anything they dislike *right away and immediately ("How dare facebook to judge for themselves instead of immediately bowing to every whim of every german politician?"). And that's a nice example to demonstrate how perverted politics has become in some european countries because actually facebook is very willingly censoring.

So, if Bulgaria has free speech in it's constitution and takes that seriously, i.e. its LEA "work extremely slowly" on complaints from brussels or berlin, that is good enough for my needs.
    I can guarantee that unpleasant truths spoken will be the absolutely only "criminal" thing to ever expect from my project.
    I have, for instance some members who wanted email accounts and I said No because I do not want to open the slightest risk of spamming from my server.

• BlazingBlazing Member
    edited December 2016

Wow. A real life Victor Laszlo - I feel like I stumbled into a scene from Casablanca.

• Victor Lazlo??

• BlazingBlazing Member
    edited December 2016

I missed the "z" but apparently that fictional character also had an "s".
    All the best with your project.