Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA based VPN/VPS for Netflix, Spotify and Amazon music
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA based VPN/VPS for Netflix, Spotify and Amazon music

Hi,

A friend of mine (in India) wants to use Netflix, Spotify and Amazon Music (all US content) at his home. AFAIK, these kind of services require residential IPs and block access from commercial (normal VPS etc) IPs. So is there any way or provider to get these services ?

Also, if I manage to get such a VPS/VPN, is it possible to configure that at router level (for Amazon Echo) ?

Comments

• Yea. Just needs to make sure his router isn't terrible.

Install ddwrt, openwrt, or tomato and you can configure VPN right from the router.

Thanked by 2Junkless WSS
  • More easier move to USA// :)

• Cyph3rCyph3r Member
    edited December 2016

i-83.net to buy a cheap NAT VPS in North Carolina
    @quadhost @i83

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Cyph3r said:
    @quadhost @i83

will it work with the above mentioned services ?

• @Junkless said:

@Cyph3r said:
    @quadhost @i83

will it work with the above mentioned services ?

Yes it will work for Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Music and other USA services.

https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?a=add&pid=97
    Thats the order link for the 1 core 256mb ram VPS NAT in North Carolina.
    You can run a OpenVPN server on and enable Tun/Tap from there control panel.

Thanked by 3Junkless Acacy i83
  • I just bought it. Netflix doesn't work on NC7 quadhost.
    I tried with default setup (with ipv6) and then I disabled ipv6 and tried again, no luck.

• muratai said: Netflix doesn't work

Forget about Netflix, they block everything already for non local ISP IP

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • They're like the GFW, always looking for more things to block. Just because something worked yesterday doesn't mean it will work today.

• @jenkki said:

muratai said: Netflix doesn't work

Forget about Netflix, they block everything already for non local ISP IP

Thats not true. I found out some ips work with netflix, from free vpn trials.

• muratai said: I found out some ips work with netflix

Its temporary till they ban

• A friend of mine (in India) wants to use Netflix, Spotify and Amazon Music (all US content) at his home. AFAIK, these kind of services require residential IPs and block access from commercial (normal VPS etc) IPs.

Spotify and Amazon Music should be no problem for any VPS. Netflix, on the other hand, is likely blocked on any major/known VPS.

• @Junkless said:
    Hi,

A friend of mine (in India) wants to use Netflix, Spotify and Amazon Music (all US content) at his home. AFAIK, these kind of services require residential IPs and block access from commercial (normal VPS etc) IPs. So is there any way or provider to get these services ?

Also, if I manage to get such a VPS/VPN, is it possible to configure that at router level (for Amazon Echo) ?

We have VPS with Residential IP's and I have personally tested these VPNs and IPS to assure they work with Netflix.
    You can get a cheap rate of $1.99/month | http://hostslayer.com/specialvps.html

• @HostSlayer said:
    We have VPS with Residential IP's and I have personally tested these VPNs and IPS to assure they work with Netflix.

Fake again, as I said before in another post, I've rented your services and there's no residential IP. It's just a datacenter IP.

• @Sirvaude said:

@HostSlayer said:

Fake again, as I said before in another post, I've rented your services and there's no residential IP. It's just a datacenter IP.

If that is true, you might want to talk to @jarland or somebody. Id be surprised if lying about specs is tolerated.

Thanked by 1Sirvaude
  • @Sirvaude
    Never had any problems.
    I can even show you right now with a screenshot

• hzrhzr Member

HostSlayer said: Never had any problems. I can even show you right now with a screenshot

please PM me a test IP and IPv6 that is one of your servers

• @HostSlayer said:
    @Sirvaude
    Never had any problems.
    I can even show you right now with a screenshot

Don't misunderstand me, I said your IPs are not residential, your service is pretty well, very fast and efficient. But there's no residential IPs.

• @Sirvaude
    Were you trying to use this for Netflix?
    Because I havent seen a customer have a problem accessing Netflix with our IPs.

• @HostSlayer said:
    @Sirvaude
    Were you trying to use this for Netflix?
    Because I havent seen a customer have a problem accessing Netflix with our IPs.

Hi, well, not exactly, I'm not using it to bypass Netflix prohibitions. I'm using it to solve surveys online. But there's a big difference, ie from an ISP called "Choppa LLC" to some called "Time Warner Cable" or "Qwest Communications/CenturyLink", etc... because Choppa LLC, is the ISP you gived me and it's not a residential ISP, so it's blocked by the online survey websites...

• @Sirvaude
    Gotcha, well i mean my IPs were only meant to
    bypass netflix of ISP ips.

• @Cyph3r said:
    @quadhost @i83

Didn't you read the other thread?

Something is seriously wrong with them.

• Letisbest said: Something is seriously wrong with them.

Our systems are all online and can be checked via statuscake for independent monitoring at any time.

• @Letisbest said:

@Cyph3r said:
    @quadhost @i83

Didn't you read the other thread?

Something is seriously wrong with them.

Dude, they are just fine. I run some production stuff on one of their NAT VPSes and none of my clients have complained.

Thanked by 2quadhost i83
  • WSSWSS Member

Honestly, I don't get it. NAT for pennies doesn't give you an SLA or a right to bitch like hell when it doesn't work. However, not getting issues resolved in a few weeks is annoying. Not quite DatabasebyDesign annoying, but annoying all the same.

• any provider provide low price vps for Netflix?

• @nulldev said:
    Dude, they are just fine. I run some production stuff on one of their NAT VPSes and none of my clients have complained.

Just curious, what can you run in production with a nat vps?

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

@advarisk said:

@nulldev said:

Just curious, what can you run in production with a nat vps?

I have a bunch of WebDAV drives which require authentication. I run a modified reverse proxy on the VPS which authenticates all "read" requests passing through it to the WebDAV drive. With this setup, I can upload anything to my WebDAV drive and I immediately have a publicly accessible link to the file.

It's useful if I'm at school and I have no way to get access to any of my servers. Since WebDAV runs over HTTP, it is unblocked and is accessible at all times.

I put the Cloudflare IPv4 <-> IPv6 bridge in front of it to allow IPv4 users to access it as well.

Many of my client's files are hosted using this setup.