Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedi in NA for game servers. Can you beat SYS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedi in NA for game servers. Can you beat SYS?

MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
edited December 2016 in Requests

As title states, I am looking for a dedicated server to host various game servers. I've looked around a bit and soyoustart seems to have the best option at the moment. Thought I would pose the question to the community before pulling the trigger. Below are the minimum specs I'd like to have in addition to the ideal specs I'd like to see.

The server should have good single core performance since many of the game servers I will be running are not multi-threaded. Server should be located in North America, either in Eastern (ideally) or Central U.S. or Canada. The server should be self-managed and support Ubuntu 16.0x. Hybrid servers will also be considered. Feel free to post reply to offer to others or PM me.

Resource: Min | Ideal
CPU: i5/7 or E3 @ 3.4GHz 4 threads | i7 @ 4.0GHz 8 threads
RAM: 8GB+ DDR3 | 16GB DDR3/4
Disk: 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD | 240GB SSD
Port Speed: 250 Mbps | 1 Gbps
Monthly B/W: 10TB | 10TB+
IPv4: 1 | 5
DDoS protection: Included | Included
Price: <$55/mo | $40-45/mo

With the onslaught of holiday/new year sales going on currently, hopefully something can meet my needs. Let me know if you've seen similar offers from other providers as well or if anyone has any further questions regarding usage or specs.

Thank you!

Comments

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

E3-1240 v3
    8GB RAM DDR3
    2TB SATA HD
    1Gbps Uplink
    10TB BW
    10Gbps DDoS
    @ Chicago
    $55.00 /month

E3-1240 v3
    32GB RAM DDR3
    1TB SATA HD
    1Gbps Uplink
    10TB BW
    10Gbps DDoS
    @ Buffalo
    $68.00 /month

PM if interested.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why not So You Start then ?

• Have you checked out our SuperDeals? :)

Couple of servers left in your budget and on-spec.

http://www.vortexnode.com/superdeals/

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2016

@Clouvider said:
    Why not So You Start then ?

Figured I'd try and see if I could save a few bucks here first. Also, due to OVH's history with raising prices, I didn't know if SYS prices may be affected down the line as well.

@VortexMagnus said:
    Have you checked out our SuperDeals? :)

I did see your deals, thank you! Only thing holding me back is that the servers are on the West Coast. The majority of users on the server will be from Eastern U.S. and the U.K. If nothing else shapes out, it'll still be in consideration since you offer 1 Gbps port speeds over SYS's 250 Mbps speeds.

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Have you checked out our SuperDeals? :)

No anti-ddos though