Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] Cheap VPS/dedi for Seafile (and possibly Subsonic/Ampache)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] Cheap VPS/dedi for Seafile (and possibly Subsonic/Ampache)

cviumcvium Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

Hi (again)

I'm looking for a Dedi/VPS capable of running Seafile and Ampache for personal use, which might mean high I/O and CPU usage for extended periods of time, which most of the VPS I'm renting don't allow. I'm currently using the BF/CM-deal Atom from VortexNode for Ampache and I'm wondering if there's something with a better CPU as I transcode and stream FLAC in real-time, which eats up 100% of the Atom's CPU. I could probably put Seafile on it as well, but I'm not sure it won't impact the music streaming negatively.

I'm quite happy with the Atom for that price, but I want to be sure that there isn't something better out there for these two self-hosted services.

EDIT: Seafile will only contain personal files and no copyrighted materials. Ampache might be a different matter. If it's a problem I can settle for a cheap VPS/dedi solely for hosting Seafile.

Cores: min. 2
Disk space: ~250 GB
RAM: min. ~1 GB

Bandwidth: min. ~1 TB
Port Speed: min. 100 Mbps

Number of IPs: 1

Budget: $5-$10/mo