Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Boxing Day Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Boxing Day Deals

Enjoy exclusive offers from the 26th of December to the 2nd of January 2017: 25% off 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions*
Promo code: SOYOUBOX
*Offer is only valid on your first order while stock lasts. Maximum two servers per customer

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/#xtor=ES-8-[newsys]-20161227-[essential.cta]

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

Guess one time discount just useless with no monthly payments

• It also doesn't appear to work on storage servers.

• Someone said: Not recurring?

w3e4r5 said: Offer is only valid on your first order

• Someone said: Which says NOTHING about recurring or not...

OK Did you see when OVH provide something recurring ever? Their all Black Friday offers also was only one time. It not logical for companies like OVH

• I picked up a SSD-2 and it runs great! I got a better CPU then what was listed on their site too. It was my first order with SoYouStart and I didn't have to do validation or anything...just trying to get VAT removed from my account now. I didn't use the boxing day promo because I didn't want to throw down on a 3+ month term just yet.

• @jenkki said:

Someone said: Which says NOTHING about recurring or not...

OK Did you see when OVH provide something recurring ever? Their all Black Friday offers also was only one time. It not logical for companies like OVH

I believe some of their black friday things were recurring, as was the SP64 that everyone flipped over was a recurring discount as well. So it isn't impossible. Someone should call/email OVH to find out if it is recurring or what.

Also it isn't valid on their storage machines, which kinda sucks if it is recurring.

• sin said: I got a better CPU then what was listed on their site too.

what cpu did you get instead ?

• eva2000 said: what cpu did you get instead ?

root@sys-bhs:~ # sysctl -a | egrep -i 'hw.machine|hw.model|hw.ncpu'
    hw.machine: amd64
    hw.model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    hw.ncpu: 8
    hw.machine_arch: amd64

• sin said: just trying to get VAT removed from my account now

How do you do this?

• akhfa said: How do you do this?

You used to have to open a forum thread and send them your documents proving your in the US or that you don't have to pay VAT...now you supposedly just open a support ticket and go from there. I haven't heard anything back from them though which is funny because Kimsufi support at least replies within 1 day.