Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need high IO hard disk speed dedicated server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need high IO hard disk speed dedicated server.

XijinpingXijinping Member
edited December 2016 in General

Hi, guys,

I used to do video streaming media transmission. So need a high hard disk speed of the server.

The following configurations are required.

CPU, 8 core

RAM,8~16GB

HARDDISK,1~4TB (need high IO speed,sata raid ,ssd or SAS)Can not be less than 500MB / S

NETWORK, 200Mbps~10000Mbps

IP, One is enough.

I predict the price is 20 to $ 60. Server location can be arbitrary.

Thank you, If you are a provider, or if you know any one vendor can provide, please let me know

Comments

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

Sorry, just to confirm... you would like this server with a 1TB or higher SSD and 200Mbps+ bandwidth? For $20-$60/month?

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Sorry, just to confirm... you would like this server with a 1TB or higher SSD and 200Mbps+ bandwidth? For $20-$60/month?

The budget may be too low, if there are very satisfied with the provider, I will raise the offer, this is just a preliminary budget

• Xijinping said:

The budget may be too low

Lol, it is totally unrealistic. Also if you're streaming video, the server location can matter a lot, depending on where the clients are.

• No chance to get 1TB ssd with $60/month. HDD, yes but it won't come anywhere near that 500 MB/s

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

Even a typical budget server SSD (lots of 850 EVO around) won't do 500MB/s. You need expensive NVMe disks for that, or at least striped RAID.

Also not clear what the 500MB/s is supposed to do if the network is 1/10th that speed at best.

• Hetzner has a 2 x 512GB NVMe box for 59.00 EUR a month plus 119 EUR setup fee. It is the upper end of your price spectrum, yes but I can't imagine anyone going lower for that.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@chx said:
    Hetzner has a 2 x 512GB NVMe box for 59.00 EUR a month plus 119 EUR setup fee. It is the upper end of your price spectrum, yes but I can't imagine anyone going lower for that.

it may be a solution, but he needs 1+TB. Anyway, it is unrealistic with his budget.

• Well, 2x512GB is 1TB! Stripe it! You wanted high I/O there you go! 1TB backup space is a few euros at Hetzner just in case.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I thought I have an ideal solution, until I saw the budget...

• @chx said:
    Well, 2x512GB is 1TB! Stripe it! You wanted high I/O there you go! 1TB backup space is a few euros at Hetzner just in case.

Or just JBOD.