Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

colocrossing new site maybe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

colocrossing new site maybe?

24khost24khost Member
edited April 2013 in General

So I saw colocrossing.net has a template up but none of the links work.

Comments

• cool...

I personally am not too fond of ColoCrossing.

• Me niether, but I was going to look at some things on thier website and found this. Thought I would share.

• Jon Biloh has told me previously that they are going to release a new site.

• It is looking very nice. Very corporate looking.

• Yes, just took a peak, very nice indeed. I personally love Colocrossing, once you become a large enough client you get spoilt in term of prices for the hardware. Its also very handy they offer so many locations. I think the only reason people don't like them is because so many LowEndHosts use them and its saturating the market.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I like them as well - Jon was very friendly when I was getting a quote. And all LEB providers I've used that hosted there were rock solid.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It looks like the old site to me, guess they re-uploaded the old one.

• @Alex_LiquidHost it only shows for me if you add www. to the domain so www.colocrossing.net should show it

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

I see it. Looks nice. Some content on there but not much. Won't erase my mostly "meh" view of them unless they roll out the site along with full IPv6 support and gigabit links at all their locations...

• I thought there site looked different before.

• @DStrout

Just spoke with Jon on Skype. He says that IPv6 is close, their just updating their Portal software to support it but they have been upgrading the hardware and its now "in place".

As for GBit ports, they have them as standard in most places now. "nyc, buffalo, atlanta, chicago, los angeles, part of dallas". As a customer I have noticed that most of our machines have Gbps ports, we have machines in their Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle and LA locations.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited April 2013

@Jono20201 said: He says that IPv6 is close, their just updating their Portal software to support it but they have been upgrading the hardware and its now "in place".

FINE-FUCKING-LY

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

New site looks nice

• @24khost said: but none of the links work.

That's what I recall the old site as, eventually they pasted the live chat login EVERYWHERE

• @BronzeByte said: That's what I recall the old site

Old site had Jeremiah on it too for the longest time even after his departure/firing/love triangle

• @doughmanes said: Old site had Jeremiah on it too

Yeah, Jeremiah with a lady picture next to his name. Maybe that's why he left?

• @doughmanes said: departure/firing/love triangle

Is there a topic on that with information?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jono20201 said: Is there a topic on that with information?

No there is not, and is not the truth. Dont listen to some of the people here as 99% of it is all speculation.

• @Zen said: not with the truth :)

@CVPS_Chris said: No there is not, and is not the truth. Dont listen to some of the people here as 99% of it is all speculation.

I don't believe much the internet says, however I didn't like Jeremiah much anyway when I spoke to him via ColoCrossing. However I noticed he signed off an email or two when ChicagoVPS has an incident with a node last year. Just wondering why he suddenly left Colo.

• LeeLee Veteran

Chicagovps.net needs a facelift too, just saying, it's dull and boring.

• @W1V_Lee It's not terrible. Straight to the point, which is good. But it could certainly be better.

• LeeLee Veteran

@dstrout I agree and I am a very minimalist, clean style type of person. I think it's the colours or maybe the fonts. It could gel better.