Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1-2$ US Vps for OpenVpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1-2$ US Vps for OpenVpn

Hi folks,
Is there any cheap vps located in US Newyork.
I Think best connection for Turkey (Istanbul). Do you know any location better than Newyork?
1-2$/m. price range. No yearly pls. If i cant find mounthly then will think about yearly payment. But first i must test it for uptime.
Usage for OpenVpn only, connected 7/24. No much ram, cpu or HDD. BW min 500GB/m. 1TB is a plus. 3-4 client max. (all mine)
Debian 7-8 or Ubuntu 14.04-16.04 for OS.
I used Dacentec for it (1$ ovz). But really bad connection to Turkey and they are going to close vps services. But it has really good uptime.
Thanks,

Comments

• look virmach deal yearly 3$ only . they have NY . maybe 1/2$ month is rare . too many pay yearly for that cost

• freeserver.us

• @acx12345 said:
    freeserver.us

"Any reinstall cost $2 one time fee, so choose your OS wisely now, do not delete any system files. Go with our SSD plans for free reinstall."

That's how they get the price, but $4,5/y for 128MB OVZ still cheap though.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Sorry the OP wanted NY Location .

• @riyad he wanted New York

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

@DavidGestionDBI has New Jersey which is very close to New York, for 6 CAD or around 4.5 USD/year:

https://www.clients.gestiondbi.com/index.php?/cart/lowendspirit-nat-vps/

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • acx12345acx12345 Member
    edited December 2016

@brian777 They offer one reinstall for free. But i never had the need for reinstalling. I am fine for 3 months+

I am running a VPN server with them. $2/Year :P I had grabbed the plan way early. I took the 64 MB ram plan and it works just great, you won't have complains with the network performance, infact you would be amazed as it a gigabit port. :P

• @acx12345 said:
    @brian777 They offer one reinstall for free. But i never had the need for reinstalling. I am fine for 3 months+

I am running a VPN server with them. $2/Year :P I had grabbed the plan way early. I took the 64 MB ram plan and it works just great, you won't have complains with the network performance, infact you would be amazed as it a gigabit port. :P

Are you using the OpenVPN template from their installer?? Or did you set it up yourself?

I still think the Virmach or Subnetlabs is better at $3/yr for 256MB and unlimited re-installs and some support from their helpdesks!

• Cyph3rCyph3r Member
    edited December 2016

I know you said you wanted monthly and in New York but I would strongly recommend http://I-83.net which has NAT VPS plans in North Carolina.

They do yearly but their plans start at $3USD per year and offer unlimited bandwidth. I have 4 NAT VPS with them and use them purely for OpenVPN. It's not exactly what you specified you wanted but I think this is the best offer and route to take.

(This comment was even posted using my North Carolina VPN with them)

• Go with Germany, should be better as location for turkey based connections.

Arubacloud's 1 Euro offer might work out great for you. Or a yearly cheap NAT VPS.

Thanked by 1baran
  • baranbaran Member
    edited December 2016

Thank you everyone. I am still searching for it.
    @Baris thank you for mention it. I have alot of arubacloud FR,UK,DE vps. I especially need US vps with good ping to Turkey. For good ping I think New York, New Jersey are best. Maybe Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore will be good but i didnt test them.
    I need 1 IPv4. i will use tcp443, tcp995, udp/tcp53, tcp80 for vpn connections so that NAT vps is not my type :)
    Anyway thanks to everybody. Happy new year.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited December 2016

You can buy an OVH VPS SSD 1 https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml and run OpenVPN off that in their Montreal, Canada location which isn't too far away from New York. I assume your goal is to access US websites with a US IP address seeing as you're from Turkey where they block things like Twitter, etc sadly enough. Vultr can offer New York OpenVPN VPSs for $5 a month.

https://www.vultr.com/ they have a 1 click OpenVPN template as well, it installs OpenVPN and the access server on CentOS 6.8 x64.

• @Baris said:
    Go with Germany, should be better as location for turkey based connections.

Arubacloud's 1 Euro offer might work out great for you. Or a yearly cheap NAT VPS.

Do not go with Germany!!! I lived in Germany for 2 years and the censorship there with media is bad! They block certain YouTube videos such as music and Netflix as well.

• BarisBaris Member
    edited December 2016

@Cyph3r said:

@Baris said:
    Go with Germany, should be better as location for turkey based connections.

Do not go with Germany!!! I lived in Germany for 2 years and the censorship there with media is bad! They block certain YouTube videos such as music and Netflix as well.

This has nothing to do with German state censorship. It has something to do with the copyright mafia.

@baran
    I misunderstood your initial post, thought location does not matter as long as ping is good. That's why I mentioned Germany. Now I see that you look for US based locations :-) Hope you will find a good host.

• "Censorship with the media"

I didn't say the government...clearly said media

• @asterisk14 nope i set it up myself using debian 8 as base

• @baran
    Do you have an IP so we can test the latency. I will check how the connection goes.