Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comodo One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) for $6 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comodo One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) for $6

2»

Comments

• Letsencrypt is great if you have the technical chops to use it (preferably with automation) or have a host doing it for you. For other purposes longer-lasting certificates are still useful. E.g. I have a family member with a small site and I don't mind helping her install a certificate annually or every 3 years, but every 3 months is too much hassle, and I'm not willing to take responsibility for automating it and keeping the automation running. So I'm always up for hearing about cheap or interesting certificate offers. But this Certificaat thing (the Diginotar reference was kind of a joke) doesn't sound that appealing. GoGetSSL's rebranded Comodo cert might be worth a try.

Also namecheap.com may have some special deal: they sold Comodo certs for 88 cents during black friday (I bought a couple), and they offer one for $1.99 every time you buy a domain or other product from them (I'm not sure if the cert has to be for the same domain as the one you just bought). So it seems worth keeping an eye on their promotions.

• Where a all Europe based SSL certificates? Only US based much popular, because no real alternatives? EU developers are weird?

• I think GlobalTrust is European, not sure about DigiCert. Thawte started in South Africa but was acquired by Verisign. I'm sure there are more, I just haven't kept tabs. I believe some of the EU telecoms have root certs in browsers but I don't know if they sell certificates to the public.

• Polish also do cheap HomeSSL under home.pl brand :) Also SwissSign. But they not advertised much..