Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TX] Catalyst - 2GB Promo/40% OFF
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[TX] Catalyst - 2GB Promo/40% OFF

ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2013 in Offers

Hello everyone!
For those of you who don't know us, Catalyst Host is a product of @jarland Donnell and myself (Ryan Arp). What I want you to know is that we're not just a service provider. We are active on Lowendtalk and we're also customers. Catalyst Host continues to grow, thanks to our loyal customers You guys ROCK!. We look forward to growing and providing new products over the coming months.

Most of you guys know @halfeatenpie by now, he did our last offer and has been an awesome team member here at Catalyst. He is more than happy to assist you in any way that he can. He is the one that will probably answer your ticket with the utmost professionalism.

Now for the reason you are reading this, the promo deals!
Promo Code: "LET40" 40% Off Recurring Lifetime
Limited Quantity of 10: $7 Promo Trenta VPS (Promo Code Does Not Apply To This Plan)

Tall (Dallas)

2 CPU Cores

256MB RAM 

128MB vSwap

30GB Storage

600GB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps 
1 Domain DNS Entry
1 User Created Backup
$4.79 USD Monthly (Promo Code "LET40")
https://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=32
Grande
 (Dallas)
2 CPU Cores

512MB RAM 
256MB vSwap

40GB Storage
800GB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps 
1 Domain DNS Entry
1 User Created Backup
$6.59 USD Monthly (Promo Code "LET40")
https://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=33
Limited Trenta Promo (Quantity: 10)
 (Dallas)
4 CPU Cores (E5-2620)
2048MB RAM
512MB vSwap
60GB Storage
2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
1 User Generated Backup
$7/m
https://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=45

SpeedTest Mini: Click Here

Data backup policy:
All data on these plans are backed up weekly in Dallas and stored offsite. Our backups are for emergencies. Your user generated backups are for small issues. We only guarantee access to our offsite backups if we are responsible for data loss. This helps keep our costs reasonable while providing two different layers of backups for your important data.

About our Dallas datacenter:
The network behind our Dallas servers is multi-homed with multiple 10Gbit connections and redundant Juniper routing with HSRP failover. Network and hardware conditions are monitored 24/7/365. Spare hardware is always stocked and available on site. We utilize A+B power for redundancy in case of brownouts, which are rare in Dallas.

Our hardware is as follows in Dallas:

Node5:

1x Xeon E5-2620

64GB ECC Memory

4x 1TB Enterprise SATA

LSI 9260-4i w/BBU & 512MB Cache

Node6 (Current standard for future nodes):

2x Xeon E5-2620

64GB ECC Memory

8x 500GB Enterprise SATA

LSI 9260-8i w/BBU & 512MB Cache`

What makes Catalyst Host a special company?
If you're not going to do something right, don't bother doing it.
Catalyst Host has been in business since early 2011.
We are not here to give you the most imaginary resources you can't use for the least dollar signs. We are here to give you the best quality, with what I estimate to be some of the least oversold nodes in our market. You have the peace of mind that you services are in good hands, that your service will operate as expected, and that your data will remain safe.

Comments

• I love me some Catalyst. Can't go wrong with these guys.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @Damian, we very much appreciate the support :)

• Start offering KVM! :p

• @serverian said: Start offering KVM! :p

This.

@serverian said: Start offering KVM! :p

Keep watching :)

• @ryanarp said: We look forward to growing and providing new products over the coming months.

Cross my finger on that :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Awesome provider :) no need for a 2GB right now though.

• My 2 cents? -- I get the same results pretty much everytime I bench the VPS for the past 6 months. You can't go wrong with a VPS from Catalyst Host!

[root@zpanel ~]# sh bench.sh
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  1999.923 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime :   8 days, 10:04,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 89.6MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 57.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 111MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.14MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 10.3MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.74MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 30.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 32.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 36.1MB/s
    I/O speed :  239 MB/s

• catalyst went to the darkside and joined the 2gb/7 fray... NOOOOOOOOO

@connercg those are exactly the results we like to see :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@BradND said: NOOOOOOOOO

We basically keep reselling the same spots. It's hilarious. No one has anything but good things to say about the 2GB for $7, but a month later they realize that $7 is a bit much for something that they bought on impulse and is still idle ;)

We do have a few though that keep them and use the heck out of them. It's nice to see people getting good use out of it every now & then.

@ryanarp Replace

with < pre > < / pre >. I'm already here, phone is like a foot away. This is easier than lifting my arm.

@jarland well that makes sense, got it all corrected now I think.

• @BradND said: catalyst went to the darkside and joined the 2gb/7 fray... NOOOOOOOOO

Its all limited in stock ;)

@Damian said: I love me some Catalyst. Can't go wrong with these guys.

Shanks!

@serverian said: Start offering KVM! :p

Hehe... Hehe... Hehe...

• Catalyst is truly glorious. Crazy fast disk and network. Take that $7 special while you can if you've got a use for it -- I downgraded from mine because I didn't feel evil enough to run Minecraft on it.

And they've got a great sense of humor -- I cancelled my Lenoir VPS with the reason "I was elected Pope" and got this:

(Would have posted it in that thread but it was locked by the time I got around to it..)

@ihatetonyy said: and got this:

It's getting too obvious that we don't get enough support tickets ;)

• @jarland said: It's getting too obvious that we don't get enough support tickets ;)

Too much free time huh. By the way, how do you get to Level 81? :p

@budingyun said: how do you get to Level 81?

Hard work and dedication.

• @jarland said: It's getting too obvious that we don't get enough support tickets

That means you're doing everything right!

• @jarland said: No one has anything but good things to say about the 2GB for $7, but a month later they realize that $7 is a bit much for something that they bought on impulse and is still idle ;)

/me whistles. Still want to rebuy that offer as you guys either have really idle nodes and/or awesome resource contention management, but not until I have a suitable project decided beforehand ;-). Either way, defo one of my fave providers.

P.S KVM +1

@craigb said: Either way, defo one of my fave providers.

Thanks @craigb, we look forward to hosting your future project :)

P.S KVM +1

Noted :)

• @craigb said: P.S KVM +1

looks at @ryanarp

Mhmm??? :)

@craigb said: /me whistles. Still want to rebuy that offer as you guys either have really idle nodes and/or awesome resource contention management, but not until I have a suitable project decided beforehand ;-). Either way, defo one of my fave providers.

We do what we can and make sure we offer the best we can. That's all it!

• Fairly new to the whole VPS thing in general here. Catalyst (Trenta) was the first offer I bought on LEB and I have had zero problems with them so far. A really great first experience in the LEB community.

I am also very pleased to see that the Catalyst crew are very active on LET. It gives me reassurance that they are real people with real opinions and great advice.

Thanks Catalyst!

Thanks @enkizu, we are always here to help and we are very excited that your first LEB buy was a great experience.

• I've been watching your company for a month or so on LET and have been very impressed with how y'all conduct business, and maintain a level of professionalism. I was excited to see the promotion, and happy to join the CatalystHost family. Will be migrating my MC server over to give it a bit of a kick in the RAM department.

Thanks for the great offer @ryanarp, @jarland!

@longbloom Welcome! We do require that you ask prior to running a game server. This is so that we can maintain top quality for everyone, rather than just fitting as many of whatever people want on a node. By planning for patterns I can keep you loving your service. Just log a ticket and as soon as I am able to sit down and write it out I'll explain my expectations from it, and consider this permission for you to run Minecraft on the server. :)

• Sounds good @jarland. I don't think I will be able to get around to it tonight, but maybe tomorrow. I'll make sure to type up a little blurb about my plans for the MC server so y'all are in the know.

BTW, does Catalyst have a IRC channel?

@longbloom we currently don't have have an IRC channel, however we are working on populating a wiki (wiki.catalysthost.com). It is a slow progress, hoping eventually to get others to help contribute useful information :) If anyone has interest in contributing we would love to talk to you :)

• Cool deal. I'll bookmark it for future reference, and keep an eye out for an IRC server if it ever comes about. Thanks for the info @ryanarp.

On a different note, I noticed your using dokuwiki. I always have issues with permissions when installing it using nginx as my web server. I've tried changing directory permissions to different users such as "root" and "www-user" but still no aval. Any pointers as to where I might be going wrong?

• @longbloom said: BTW, does Catalyst have a IRC channel?

they don't have IRC but they are helpful in tickets.

lol @halfeatenpie set it up for us, and honestly NGINX usually isn't my friend either. Maybe Don can give you better advice.