Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dedicated Server in the UK :-)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Dedicated Server in the UK :-)

Requirements: Should be SSD (120GB should be enough), 8GB RAM or more, 1 Gbit/s @10TB and the possibility to unlock more TB if necessary.

Should have a decent CPU and DDoS Protection as I will port a Gaming Community of a friend there (dynamic website + forum + about 3 gameservers).

Our old provider is paid until February so there is no rush but looking for some offers to make for a smooth migration :P

Price: Should not really be the issue here as each community member is donating quite a fair amount monthly to keep this up but I will just throw ~60$/mo in here.

Comments

• @Clouvider should be able to do something with this budget. Their network is DDoS protected.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Ympker
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ishaq thank you very much for recommending!

@Ympker this Christmas I can offer even better specs than you require and within the budget, ho ho :-).

E3-1270v5
    16 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB SSD
    Gigabit uplink with 10TB Bandwidth
    DDoS protected with NTT and their Arbor kit

£49 - spot on $60 USD

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-dedicated-servers-sale

One unit left though.

How does it sound ?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We have an Intel i3-4160, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD for £35.00 in our Bristol, UK facility.

Or we have E3 london offerings.

https://zare.com

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider said:

@Ympker this Christmas I can offer even better specs than you require and within the budget, ho ho :-).

E3-1270v5
    16 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB SSD

£49 - spot on $60 USD

One unit left though.

How does it sound ?

Damn...that one does indeed sound like one hell of a deal but I dont wanna make a rushed decision as Im still on holidays and well I dont have an urge to rush. Leaving out on that deal might taste a bit bitter later but as I said money will not be the main concern. That being said Ive heard lots of good things about you and will definitly keep you in mind? What would your "regular specs" be within this budget? Any chance you would be able to assist with migration?

@Zare That does also seem quite tempting :) Do you use BGP?

edited December 2016

@Ympker of course, when you get back do let me know and I'll see what I can do for you :-).

I may also add that we are AS62240, Juniper house mainly, Upstreams include Level3, NTT, GTT and Cogent. Open peering policy. Peering at LINX LON1 and LON2 with all the major guys like BT, Sky, TalkTalk, Zen, A&A and some 500 others. Network is dual stack and has resilient topology. DDoS protection by NTT with their Arbor kit. Soon some additional in-house counter measures. Our own network allows us to react much faster to issues in the global Internet, like that when BT went down this year, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/07/21/bt-down-broadband-internet-service-suffers-second-day-of-outages/, where we've been among the first one to re-route around this issue to get into BT network and minimise impact on their Customers, just minutes after the outage started. We pride ourselves with loving our fans and making all we can to make sure they love us back :-).

Thank you for your time to read this :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider how large of ddos protection do you have?

edited December 2016

@ViolentInjection said:
    @Clouvider how large of ddos protection do you have?

No professional security company goes into the battle of boasting what sort of capacity they have, and so NTT does not disclose their capacity. Please bear in mind they are a Tier-1 carrier who can, if they want to, FlowSpec rules into their edges to ensure the attack does not even touch their core.

We have no particular limits set with NTT.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider Thanks for taking the time to mention all of this. Definitly something I will keep in mind :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Ympker said:
    @Clouvider Thanks for taking the time to mention all of this. Definitly something I will keep in mind :)

Thanks. Let's keep in touch, even if the site says it's not available any more :-).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider When did A&A become major? :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@kcaj said:
    @Clouvider When did A&A become major? :P

For technical community I suppose, not for the general public though. I would much rather trust them with my connectivity than TalkTalk, for example. :-).

• Seems you're out of stock.

• @Zare said:
    We have an Intel i3-4160, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD for £35.00 in our Bristol, UK facility.

Or we have E3 london offerings.

https://zare.com

was also going to say zare, they use voxility for ddos protection so you covered ;)

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

+1 for @Zare . DDoS protection + Good support.

@ViolentInjection said:
    Seems you're out of stock.

There was one unit left at the time. One of the previous orders wasn't paid and got cancelled, so there's still one in stock now. Enjoy :-).

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@Clouvider said:

E3-1270v5
    16 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB SSD

£49 - spot on $60 USD

One unit left though.

How does it sound ?

Damn...that one does indeed sound like one hell of a deal but I dont wanna make a rushed decision as Im still on holidays and well I dont have an urge to rush. Leaving out on that deal might taste a bit bitter later but as I said money will not be the main concern. That being said Ive heard lots of good things about you and will definitly keep you in mind? What would your "regular specs" be within this budget? Any chance you would be able to assist with migration?

@Zare That does also seem quite tempting :) Do you use BGP?

We do indeed :)

And we have stock available of everything in Bristol, and E3-1240/1270v5's in London with 16GB of RAM and a single 240GB SSD.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider Dominic will do the Job

I deal with @zare too

Both companies are good :=)

Thanked by 3Clouvider Zare Ympker

@yghost said:
    @Clouvider Dominic will do the Job

I deal with @zare too

Thanks for the kind words :-). Happy Holidays !

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I would vote with both hands for @Clouvider . Much higher level services than most companies in here. Been a very happy customer for a long time now. For 60$ it's a steal.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Ympker

@AlexBarakov said:
    I would vote with both hands for @Clouvider . Much higher level services than most companies in here. Been a very happy customer for a long time now. For 60$ it's a steal.

Thank you so much for the kind words Alex! Have a great Holidays :-)!!

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

@AlexBarakov said:

It's a Holiday, go out of INTERNET :P