Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Christmas ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ $0.25 OVZ ★ $0.41 KVM ★ $1.25 Windows/KVM -1GB RAM ★ $39 Dedis - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Christmas ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ $0.25 OVZ ★ $0.41 KVM ★ $1.25 Windows/KVM -1GB RAM ★ $39 Dedis

13»

Comments

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited December 2016

I managed to grab a $3/yr, here are the results of a bench:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/adUQgdju
    (Dallas)

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited December 2016

I got a 128mb too.

The +ve is the price.

The -ve is there is no swap (why???) and it said NJ, but location is probably NYC/Buffalo or something like that as my pings are 116-180ms!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

TomBG said: OpenVZ ★ 512MB - Value+ ★ At https://virmach.com/special-offers/ it says 2 vCore @ 2GHz ... here it says 2 vCore @ 1.5GHz

Sorry about that - this has been rectified. We did post we go by the website states, so if you would like drop in the ticket and let the team know this was erroneously advertised @ 2GHz when you purchased and they'll up your processing power.

asterisk14 said: The -ve is there is no swap (why???)

We do not advertise swap with our plans, because they're not included. If you need 256MB RAM, get the 256MB RAM plan. Our nodes have plenty of RAM and they are priced accordingly. If you would like, you can purchase the 256MB plan and change it to 128MB with 128MB swap by opening a support ticket.

asterisk14 said: it said NJ, but location is probably NYC/Buffalo

Our NJ location is very close (about half an hour) away from NYC. So it's advertised as NJ/NYC. Buffalo location is further off, so you'd definitely notice if you selected that instead. I'd have to know where you reside and more information to see what problems you're having, so I would recommend creating a technical support ticket.

Just a guess though, if you live in West Europe and select NJ, your ping should be close to 90ms.

• @VirMach said:

TomBG said: OpenVZ ★ 512MB - Value+ ★ At https://virmach.com/special-offers/ it says 2 vCore @ 2GHz ... here it says 2 vCore @ 1.5GHz

Sorry about that - this has been rectified. We did post we go by the website states, so if you would like drop in the ticket and let the team know this was erroneously advertised @ 2GHz when you purchased and they'll up your processing power.

I thought rectified was someone else. ;)

For .5Ghz at $7/yr, I don't think anyone has reason to complain. I /would/ like to get my images mounted and installed today, if possible, though.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited December 2016

@VirMach said:

asterisk14 said: The -ve is there is no swap (why???)

We do not advertise swap with our plans, because they're not included. If you need 256MB RAM, get the 256MB RAM plan. Our nodes have plenty of RAM and they are priced accordingly. If you would like, you can purchase the 256MB plan and change it to 128MB with 128MB swap by opening a support ticket.

Your KVM's offers don't state swap is included, but from the benches done in this thread, they do get swap right, or is that incorrect??? You should write that NO swap is included in your OpenVZ plans, because I'm sure I've seen some in the past with swap included. And swap is nice to have, I think some programs run better with a bit of swap/burst memory. Since you have plenty of RAM can you throw a little in gratis, like 64MB even?

asterisk14 said: it said NJ, but location is probably NYC/Buffalo

Our NJ location is very close (about half an hour) away from NYC. So it's advertised as NJ/NYC. Buffalo location is further off, so you'd definitely notice if you selected that instead. I'd have to know where you reside and more information to see what problems you're having, so I would recommend creating a technical support ticket.

Just a guess though, if you live in West Europe and select NJ, your ping should be close to 90ms.

You are correct, it's my internet connection, I am getting ~80ms when pinged from a server.

asterisk14 said: You should write that NO swap is included in your OpenVZ plans, because I'm sure I've seen some in the past with swap included.

We offered swap for OpenVZ back in 2014. We have plenty of RAM on our new nodes and we got rid of swap in favor of more RAM on each plan. For example, our 256MB plan used to be 128MB with 128MB swap. For KVM, you can create your own swap file.

As for your suggestion, we state what's included. Customers should assume anything not listed is not included. For example, we didn't list IPv6 so it's not included. We also didn't list backups, so it's not included, and so on.

• sir. can youo do kvm $8 year or $15 year at dallas? ny too far

planofam said: sir. can youo do kvm $8 year or $15 year at dallas? ny too far

Sorry, those locations are not offered at those prices on this special.

• CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited December 2016

Let me just bookmark this because I might get another one from you for my planned VPN setups in the future.

• MultiStarsMultiStars Member
    edited December 2016

I have placed an order last week and now i just see a red phrase "No traffic exchange. No I/O or CPU abuse. No network abuse. No mailservers/spam" on the offer page. I installed virtualmin and it comes with POSTFIX mailserver, is it allowed? I do need to send out emails, but occasionally and definitely not spams. In which sent-out rate am i suspended for spam reason? If suspended, how long do i need to wait for unsuspension and what is the unsuspension fee? Thanks! (Sorry to ask these questions, but i just want to be clear about the service)

MultiStars said: I installed virtualmin and it comes with POSTFIX mailserver, is it allowed? I do need to send out emails, but occasionally and definitely not spams.

A regular, small volume of mail is fine. That would not be considered a mailserver. We do not permit using our services exclusively as a mailserver, without prior approval.

MultiStars said: In which sent-out rate am i suspended for spam reason?

We have different methods of monitoring volume and e-mail reputation. There's no set exact number.

MultiStars said: If suspended, how long do i need to wait for unsuspension and what is the unsuspension fee?

Our terms have actually been recently updated, and the fee has been raised to $25. We rarely charge this fee, but we definitely do if you send out spam. There is also now another $25 fee if you get the IP address blacklisted for spam.

So the best advice I could give is definitely don't spam, but you're fine if you're sending out a normal volume of legitimate emails. No need to worry about that.

• Thanks, you answers clear my mind

• Doesn't mean to hijack this topic..
    On virtualmin, you can limit the outgoing email.. I think best you set it to prevent any SPAM issue. I always set this limit on my Virtualmin server.

Anyway, I have 2 services with Virmach.. at Buffalo and Dallas location. Both are running perfecly with no major issue..

Nice services... :)

• @VirMach All stock seem to be gone... :(
    Are you going to restock some?
    I am interested on either 1GB Elite+ or 2GB Pro+ (annual both)

jvnadr said: @VirMach All stock seem to be gone... :(

Are you going to restock some?

Sorry, the Christmas sale is over.

• can you restock?

add_iT said: can you restock?

Sorry, this offer was time-sensitive and meant for Christmas only.