Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server: E3, 32GB ram, 2TB SATA, 10TB on 1gbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server: E3, 32GB ram, 2TB SATA, 10TB on 1gbps

edited December 2016 in Requests

I'm looking for a dedicated server with the following specs:

E3-1240v3 or equal CPU (Passmark >9000)

32GB Ram

2TB HDD (SATA is ok)

10TB+ BW on 1gbps

Looking for a D.C. in the USA

Budget: around $35

Please send in your offers.

Comments

• Too good to be true

Thanked by 1willie
  • This is not even close to what the OP asked for. I agree with Nocker, it's probably not gonna happen.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/99948/dedispec-server-sale-39-l5630-48gb-ram-2tb-hdd

https://www.dedispec.com/client/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

The dual L5520 above is pretty close to what you want. About 7k passmark instead of 9k+, but 48gb ram, $35/mo if paid annually, and 100mbit unmetered instead of 1ggit metered. The annual discounts on all those dedis are pretty good, viewable in the order pages but for some reason not advertised in the thread.

Added: wait, it says $45/mo on one part of the page and $90 on another. Black friday over? No idea.

• Just refresh the page often, maybe you will catch one...

https://www.vortexnode.com/superdeals/

Thanked by 1willie
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

If you double your budget or around $65, we could offer you the required specifications in New Jersey (10TB @ 100Mbps though and 2x 1TB drives only on H/W RAID 1 + /29 subnet) on our own colocation. The advantage is that we have 10Gbps DDoS protection guaranteed

If you can't, then nevermind.

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • edited December 2016

@deployvm Thanks for the offer but way over my budget. And really need 1gbps.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited December 2016

@scoopydude2002 said:
    @deployvm Thanks for the offer but way over my budget. And really need 1gbps.

Your budget is wildly unrealistic from any reputable provider that wants to stay in business.

You really need to increase your budget by about $20/mo and even then it's still incredibly unlikely to get an e3v3, 32GB RAM and 2TB storage at that price. More than likely a v2 will be offered.

Good luck on your search as you'll need it at this budget.

• SpeedyKVM does come close. Not sure what you plan to use it for, but if you don't need a bunch of additional IPs or you don't plan to virtualize...

V-DEDI 1.D
    8 (E3-1230)
    31GB ECC
    7TB HDD
    30TB
    1gbps
    Dallas, TX
    $39/mo

Processor's not quite there but even the v1 is really powerful. Also comes with 3x your requested storage space.

• edited December 2016

@Jonchun said:
    SpeedyKVM does come close. Not sure what you plan to use it for, but if you don't need a bunch of additional IPs or you don't plan to virtualize...

V-DEDI 1.D
    8 (E3-1230)
    31GB ECC
    7TB HDD
    30TB
    1gbps
    Dallas, TX
    $39/mo

Processor's not quite there but even the v1 is really powerful. Also comes with 3x your requested storage space.

@Johnchun Interesting. I'm definitely interested. Any disadvantage in terms of speed for running this server via KVM compared to regular dedicated server?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@scoopydude2002 said:

@Johnchun Interesting offer. I'm definitely interested. Any disadvantage in terms of speed for running this server via KVM compared to regular dedicated server?

There's going to be a little overhead but shouldn't be noticeable. We split up our servers into 1/2/4 VMs a lot, just because we need to drop in an existing snapshot and get things running quick, no real issues and we pretty much max out CPU 24x7.

It most gives benefits in terms of management. Much easier to hit reinstall than get IPMI going, mount remote ISO, etc - you just control it all through Solus (I believe that's what SpeedyKVM uses).

• @scoopydude2002 said:
    @Johnchun Interesting offer. I'm definitely interested. Any disadvantage in terms of speed for running this server via KVM compared to regular dedicated server?

There is a slight overhead because of the virtualization, but in general your performance will definitely be close to 98-99% or so.

• @FredQc said:
    Just refresh the page often, maybe you will catch one...

https://www.vortexnode.com/superdeals/

I expect there will be at the start of Jan :) always t he same with deals, people rush and then figure they don't need them!

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

If you can up your budget

E3-1230v1
    RAM : 32GB EEC RAM
    Harddrive : 1TB
    IP: 1 IPS Dedicated IPv4 address
    Dedicated IPMI (remote reboot, console and reload)
    - Free DNS Hosting + IPV4 rdns Management
    20TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    FREE 20Gbps / 20M PPS DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    Los Angels $40

• key900 said:

E3-1230v1

Where?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

key900 said:

E3-1230v1

Where?

As per the post above - LA.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

key900 said:

E3-1230v1

Where?

Los Angeles

• If you can hold till the first week of Jan, we have the following SuperDeal coming available:

E3-1240 v2

32GB RAM

2X1TB SATA HDD

10TB Bandwidth on 1Gbps Port

/29 IPv4

Dallas

$35/mo

• @VortexMagnus said:
    If you can hold till the first week of Jan, we have the following SuperDeal coming available:

E3-1240 v2

32GB RAM

2X1TB SATA HDD

10TB Bandwidth on 1Gbps Port

/29 IPv4

Dallas

$35/mo

That sounds almost exactly what I'm looking forward. Hope I can be patient enough to wait!

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

2X1TB SATA HDD

Gonna have something with bigger disks? Less ram is ok. Don't need more than one ipv4 either. In fact don't need any (v6 is usable these days), but 1 can be useful.