Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web based FTP that support SFTP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web based FTP that support SFTP

ShamliShamli Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hi.

I'm looking for a script in PHP, an open source,or free for connecting and managing files on server.
It should be identical to Net2ftp, extplorer or WebFTP,but with support for SFTP(SSH).

Have searched in Google but didn't find any.

If it support for account management,or able to save multiple server details(server,username and password) would be great.

Mainly because I'm not interested in installing FTP server.

If any of you have any suggestion ??

Thanks.

Comments

• So, how it will support sftp?

You upload files in your browser via HTTP, there isn't another way afaik.

In other case, I didn't understood your needs

• yup,to upload and manage files through web browser,like net2ftp. But using SFTP connection.

• You can't, unless you get an app that uses a java applet to manage that kind of connections. AFAIK

Otherwise, I can't see the need of an SFTP via a web browser, just use SSL

• @yomero I think what's he's looking for is a PHP app that will let him log in to other FTP servers. Basically, you upload them to the machine running PHP via HTTP, then they get forwarded it to the FTP server.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything like that, I've never had any need for it. Nor do I really see the point in it, unless you're behind a firewall that blocks outgoing FTP/SFTP connections, in which case the network administrator probably has a very good reason for doing so.

• well,I found this link
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.ssh2-sftp.php

But I'm no good at scripting(yet),so,asking if there is any script available.

• SFTP and FTP are completely different protocols.

There is the PHP_SSH2 function, which you could code with it has sftp support, but I can't think of any pre-made scripts,

• thanks...that means I still need to use WinSCP atm...maybe will try to code for it sometime in the future....

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2012

@NickM said: @yomero I think what's he's looking for is a PHP app that will let him log in to other FTP servers. Basically, you upload them to the machine running PHP via HTTP, then they get forwarded it to the FTP server.

Probably, and that is in some way "easy", but probably useless.

@Daniel said: There is the PHP_SSH2 function, which you could code with it has sftp support, but I can't think of any pre-made scripts,

Yes, and that function will connect the PHP server to the desired server via SSH, but won't connect your browser. You STILL must upload via HTTP.

• Have you check PhpSecLib

• @thekreek said: Have you check PhpSecLib

Nice link, thanks. Too bad he cant code (he said that above) :P

• ShamliShamli Member
    edited January 2012

Thanks @thekreek

I know to code,just not that enough to build a script that level without sample as reference...

edit:

below is my idea

• Normal HTTP/S upload, with PHP exec-ing a bash script to do the SSH/SFTP part with well documented and easy to use tools?

• Agree with Gary. Maybe that won't need the phpSSH stuff, just add something to submit the private key to automate the process.

• www.monstaftp.com offers SFTP/SCP as well as normal FTP through a web-based client that's free to download. (disclaimer: I'm involved with this project)

• @monsta said:
    www.monstaftp.com offers SFTP/SCP as well as normal FTP through a web-based client that's free to download. (disclaimer: I'm involved with this project)

It's from 2012, are you a time traveller