Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for someone to write website content on an as-needed basis
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for someone to write website content on an as-needed basis

DamianDamian Member
edited April 2013 in General

The usual person that I use on fiverr has had their account suspended, and they stopped responding to their email address. So I thought i'd post on here before I try to find someone new on fiverr, since I know there's always people looking for additional income.

I'm looking for someone to write 3-5 paragraphs of website content for $5 per page. You can look at the various pages on http://ipxcore.com/ for an idea of the amount I'm looking for. We generally have 3 to 10 pages per site.

You must have a complete and full command of the English language, and be willing to assign anything you write to us for our sole use. I'm looking for 24-hour turn, but am willing to accept up to 5 day turn. You'll be paid via Paypal within 24 hours of submission.

(edit) Forgot an additional point: you'll need to sign an NDA, since it'll generally be content for new and unreleased things (/edit)

Anyone interested?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Sure, I can probably help you with this. I'm good at English; it's my primary language. And I am in Creative Writing class at school as well.

• MunMun Member

OHH MY GOD HE IS BACK, RUN FOR THE HILLS OF ALL CAPS.

• *good in english

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

*English

• What kind of content is this about? It's not entirely clear by your site. Is it about the Knowledgebase/TOS/Privacy Policy?

• *BACON

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@Random_Dude said: What kind of content is this about? It's not entirely clear by your site. Is it about the Knowledgebase/TOS/Privacy Policy?

No. Here are some examples:

http://d.pr/i/UsbC
    http://d.pr/i/U4bP
    http://d.pr/i/86OP

The backstory is that I hate hosting companies that just present a pricing table, as if you don't need any further info. We're trying to be a bit 'friendlier', other than "here's a pricing table, just buy." Here, here, and here are some random examples that I just pulled from Google.

The person that would work best in this situation would be someone that I can give the ideas/points that we want to convey, and they expand on it from there.

• IvanIvan Member

@Damian I'm only 15, but shoot me a PM with an example feature/product and maybe I could give you an example of something I'll write? I'm not too sure about this but I know that I usually tend to get carried away and write really long things for short things. Check an example of something I wrote in this thread.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@shovenose said: And I am in Creative Writing class at school as well.

Haha, I'm in the debating class at school, doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at debating. :P

Oh and bedtime grammar tip;

1# Do not begin a sentence with "And". ;-)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

But he has all that experience from writing ShoveAds...

• marcmmarcm Member

@Damian Writing engaging content for the customers to actually read can be challenging. Running a forum is worth only if you have a very large customer base, like Linode for example. Otherwise customers won't really engage.

Shoot @kbeezie an email. He works with us and he writes for the Nginx wiki (he is an Nginx guru - see kbeezie.com) and ask him if he wants to write for you. He works with us and provides managed support for our customers, however if you can get him to write for you I won't mind. I'll PM you his email address if you want.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@marcm said: @Damian Writing engaging content for the customers to actually read can be challenging. Running a forum is worth only if you have a very large customer base, like Linode for example. Otherwise customers won't really engage.

This; the majority of hosting-company forums I've seen are dead.

• marcmmarcm Member

@perennate said: This; the majority of hosting-company forums I've seen are dead.

@perennate - yep... unless you're Linode... @Damian - have you thought about using Uservoice and engage customer that way?

• @damian I'll write copy for ya...

Yes their vps's are great cough frontrangehosting cough come with SSD's and all that fun stuff lol.

I agree though it is a lot of work to sit there and figure out what to write down.

• check my blog I have written 150+ articles and I think I can work for you.

• IvanIvan Member

@thehray said: check my blog I have written 150+ articles and I think I can work for you.

I think you've forgotten to include a link to your blog :)

• IvanIvan Member

Hmm, so I assume @Damian has already chosen somebody?

• @Ivan I guess everyone can see my signature anyways my blog is thehray.com

• IvanIvan Member

@thehray for some reason I don't see any signature of yours hm?

• okay. let me update it once again .

• @thehray said: okay. let me update it once again .

Still now showing.