Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS/VDS in Europe for hosting websites and experimental game servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS/VDS in Europe for hosting websites and experimental game servers

midixmidix Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

My wish list:

• VPS/VDS with somewhat consistent performance. I don't need much power but I would like it to be without huge up/down spikes
  • preferably in Europe because I live there
  • I have heard that people are running Unreal Tournament 4 server on a single core Ubuntu server VPS with costs below 10$ / month. In my case, the game server will be noticeably less demanding than UT4 and I expect only 1-2 simultaneous connections. It is more an environment and social interaction simulation than a real game, so it does not matter much if I miss some headshot in a deathmatch because there will be no shooting nor deathmatches at all :D
  • considering all the above, I'd say, I could suffice with 1 CPU core (maybe even shared), 1GB RAM, 10 GB hard disk space.
  • having full control over the OS on my server instance (I care only about Linux, especially Debian or Ubuntu)
  • it would be awesome to pay per hour and have tools for simple spawning of new servers because I might want to separate my crazy experiments from my website
  • I cannot guarantee that the UE4 game server (or one of my experimental hosted applications) won't get heavy on the CPU from time to time or for long periods of time, therefore I expect the hosting provider to have some automated tools to throttle their resources. Their terms of service should allow me to host heavy computing applications (except for illegal stuff or bitcoin mining, of course) and the hosting provider should automatically limit the quotas to prevent my server from overloading the system and slowing down servers of other customers. I mean - if I don't deserve something, then the provider should not give me it instead of letting me overload their CPUs and then suspending my account for abuse.

I will be really grateful for your ideas and sharing your experience, especially with hosted UE4 game servers (or something close to that) on low end VPSes.

Comments

• BestCloudBestCloud Member
    edited December 2016

Hello, we can do following:

OpenVZ

2 GB RAM

CPU 2x 1.7 Ghz (Can be increased to 2x 3.4GHz - i7 3770)

60 GB HDD

Up to 300Mbit connectivity unmetered (until you don't abuse network too much).

For just 1.29€/week (Final price for this configuration, pricing is based on credit system - hourly payments)

https://admin.bestcloud.cz/?l=EN

• @BestCloud, you need to get a provider tag first to post offers.
    i suggest you look/hang around and see popular sale prices.

please stop posting offers for now.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

I can make 1 vCPU (burstable, no problem), 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD Disk, 1TB @ 1 Gbps with Voxility Anti DDoS protection for 5 EUR / Month.

More information can be found on our website: https://www.nodion.com/en/

• Hi, we can offer that, and we can also allow you to choose where to deploy and to pay by hourly rates.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

You can use our Public Cloud, multiple locations available in europe, hourly billing, upgrade/downgrade ressources.

You can build your own OS templates.

Network 100 Mbits unmetered.

Looking glass (fr) : lg.ikoula.com

For 6.23$ you can get 1core / 1GB / 50GB.

• We seem to meet all of your requirements including hourly billing. Drop us a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a free trial for any of our plans :-)

• Thank you for awesome offers, I have now a bunch of good options to choose from.

• @midix said:
    Thank you for awesome offers, I have now a bunch of good options to choose from.

Nik (nodion above) gave me some REAL and good advice and also made me really good offers (i posted a thread a month or so ago, looking for advice on servers).

i think he's a good guy, hence my reply here. i'm not related to him, neither am i paid, nor am i currently using his services.

i've not been able to take his offer up yet (and I think I will down the road, even for just a few months to see how it works out).

• Verelox said: We seem to meet all of your requirements including hourly billing. Drop us a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a free trial for any of our plans :-)

I am running a game server on Verelox's VPS, works great. You can try them!

Thanked by 1Verelox