Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: Server Admin and/or Partner for Minecraft/GSP Business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: Server Admin and/or Partner for Minecraft/GSP Business

2»

Comments

• @Jono20201 maybe he is >=36/2

• debugdebug Member
    edited April 2013

@Jono20201 said: @eric1212 are you >=18?

Doubt it. There's a reason he's intentionally dodging all questions related to age.

It's also funny because he's asking your age in his requirements. I wonder how he'd feel if I said I'm <50

@eric1212 said: - Your age

Also final word: Check his website (http://electricbyte.com/)

Public Launch: Summer 2013

I lol'd

• @debug said: I lol'd

What's funny?

• Summer host!

• kalamkalam Member

Underage, Minecraft, summer. Good to see we are hitting all the bases of a summer host.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@debug said: Doubt it. There's a reason he's intentionally dodging all questions related to age.

Yeah I figured it would get nowhere after the "5 years old" comment. Time to just move on.

• @kalam said: summer host.

I'm sorry that you don't understand. This is not a so-called "summer host". We're in for the long haul, and prepared to take it all the way.

It's interesting how much pleasure you all get from playing games like this. Whatever floats your boat, eh :)

• @eric1212 said: I'm sorry that you don't understand. This is not a so-called "summer host". We're in for the long haul, and prepared to take it all the way.

Yet you wont say your age?

• @Spencer said: Yet you wont say your age?

You're still caught up with the age thing? Maybe all of you are very very old people, and you dont realize the potential of young people. There is nothing different between 16, 17, and 25, other than the government put in a "fence" that you can cross over.. once you're 18, you're like a different person some how? This doesnt make sense. Knowledge and ability > age.

Everyone who has private messaged me, after submitting interest in the position, knows all about me, my age, and my history. I'm not ready to spew my personal details on this public forum just to please you all.

I see that I'm no longer welcome here so perhaps a mod could close the thread and we'll call it a day.

Thanks to all who applied and actually took this seriously. :)
    To those who still deny everything ... grow up.

• debugdebug Member

@eric1212 said: We're in for the long haul, and prepared to take it all the way.

I'm just wondering, I was looking at your WHOIS information, and decided to google the address:

7-871 Victoria Street North
    Suite #123
    Kitchener
    Ontario
    N2B 3S4
    CA

Assuming google's correct, it looks like a small strip mall

Look: http://goo.gl/maps/J1Xok

@eric1212 said: There is nothing different between 16, 17, and 25, other than the government put in a "fence" that you can cross over.. once you're 18, you're like a different person some how? This doesnt make sense. Knowledge and ability > age.

I think the majority of people here would agree that age is relatively unimportant in hosting as far as skill, knowhow, etc go. But that's not the reason anyone is asking in here. In order for you to legally hire someone, you have to be a certain age. You're so worried about defeating some non-existent argument that you're making yourself look incredibly sketchy instead of just admitting you are a minor and that you can't actually hire someone here. Quit being so defensive and make sure you understand people's motivations before you climb up on that soap box.

• @Nick_A said: I think the majority of people here would agree that age is relatively unimportant in hosting as far as skill, knowhow, etc go.

+1 but maturity is also important

• What we care about is that you're being so secretive about your age. Why would anyone trust you as a business partner / potential boss if you can't even answer a simple question?

And yes, 16 vs 20 does matter. You can't legally sign a contract to create an LLC for instance in some states, which could be important for legal / financial protections. Law is law. I think most "business partners" are interested in making sure that their partners are legally allowed to sign contracts.

• I'm just wondering, I was looking at your WHOIS information, and decided to google the address:

UPS Store

• Stay in school OP

• @mhuang2286 @Spencer @kalam @Magiobiwan Let's please keep this professional.
    I covered all the bases as to any legal issues that could arise, and ensure I'm following procedures within my place of residence (Ontario Canada).

I appreciate your input and I'm happy to say I've received a lot of interest in this position. Thanks again to all who applied.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited April 2013

So @eric1212 what is your last name? Is it hauking? Spelling may be off.

• @24khost said: Is it hauking?

As the Whois listing showed above: Eric Unger

@eric1212 said: <20 is just as relevant as saying I'm 5. -- why is something so specific necessary..

@eric1212 said: Let's please keep this professional.

Exactly why it's necessary.

• krokro Member

He could have said any age, instead he openly says he is young and provides excellent reasoning on why going down the age path is flawed.

Public whois even, derp nothing dodgy here you nazi's

• @kro said: He could have said any age, instead he openly says he is young and provides excellent reasoning on why going down the age path is flawed.

Public whois even, derp nothing dodgy here you nazi's

I find these inquiries reasonable personally :P

• @HalfEatenPie said: I find these inquiries reasonable personally :P

Same here lol

• I've contacted back all who have applied.
    Not taking further applications at this time.

Thanks everyone!

• You said anyone who PM'ed you knows your age, right? Anyone mind sharing? I don't really care about your age, whether you're 10 or 20 doesn't matter, you can run a small business fine depending on your experience and maturity, but you should still at least let us know your age since everyone is asking.