Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any LowEndSpirit $4 VPS user? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any LowEndSpirit $4 VPS user?

2»

Comments

• FreekFreek Member
    edited April 2013

I have one as well. I am still struggeling to understand how the 'internal ipv4 magic' works, but I understood the part of just being able to use 20 ports. I already got SSH running over IPv4, which was quite an accomplishment for me as noob, but getting a website setup and VPN (which I really want) is still something I need to look into.
    Setting up services that allow changing ports easily is not an issue, but services with 'hardcoded'/default ports is hard to setup (i.e. web, dns etc).

@MikHo said: For pptp

All nice and well, but PPTP listens on port 1723. Your LowEndSpirit does not have port 1723 open. Sure you can internally forward port XXXX to port 1723, but Windows will always try to connect on port 1723, which is not assigned to your VPS. You cannot change on which port Windows tries to connect (afaik).
    How do you overcome this culprit?

Thanks

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Freek said: All nice and well, but PPTP listens on port 1723. Your LowEndSpirit does not have port 1723 open. Sure you can internally forward port XXXX to port 1723, but Windows will always try to connect on port 1723, which is not assigned to your VPS. You cannot change on which port Windows tries to connect (afaik).

How do you overcome this culprit?

a) By using PPTP over IPv6
    b) By not using PPTP

• FreekFreek Member

@rm_ said: a) By using PPTP over IPv6

b) By not using PPTP

a) I don't have native IPv6 and no I do not want tunneled IPv6
    b) But I want to.. for science!

• bobbybobby Member

Dont get these, unless you know how to use them :(

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Freek said: a) I don't have native IPv6 and no I do not want tunneled IPv6

Then you shouldn' buy this offer, as far as I'm concerned. All these NAT and port forward or reverse proxy hacks, are nothing but crutches. If you don't want to learn or use IPv6 but still buying this offer simply because it is sooooo cheap, I feel sorry for you; and for Anthony to have you as a customer.

• i have one and using it for monitoring (openstatus)

• rrrrrr Member

I already have one 96mb from ipxcore for vpn. This one is just for lamp installation and how much I can go minimal. Thats it.

• @rm_ said: If you don't want to learn or use IPv6 but still buying this offer simply because it is sooooo cheap, I feel sorry for you; and for Anthony to have you as a customer.

+1

• @Freek said: a) I don't have native IPv6 and no I do not want tunneled IPv6

What have you got against tunneled IPv6? Defo a learning opportunity...

• FreekFreek Member

@rm_ said: If you don't want to learn or use IPv6 but still buying this offer simply because it is sooooo cheap, I feel sorry for you; and for Anthony to have you as a customer.

What's your problem? Like this is my only VPS? How am I a burden to Anthony?
    Take a hike.

@craigb said: What have you got against tunneled IPv6? Defo a learning opportunity...

Anthony didn't setup NAT for nothing, so I want to test that as well.