Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Mailbird Pro free for 12 months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get Mailbird Pro free for 12 months

PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
edited December 2016 in General

Try this link

It only works if you go through the link above. It doesn't work if you enter the code manually on the checkout page.

Edit: The code MBPROREF1 works on the checkout page for 12 months subscription.

This is the link Mailbird sends you after you sign up via someone's referral link. I already have a lifetime pro license so didn't give this a try, but can someone report back?

Comments

• I will never understand subscription based pricing for an email client...

• @nathanlopez said:
    I will never understand subscription based pricing for an email client...

Well they have an option to buy a lifetime license for $45 ($22.50 on sale). I think monthly subscription would make sense if you actually paid monthly, as $1 per month is easier to swallow than $45 at once.

• PepeSilvia said: Well they have an option to buy a lifetime license for $45 ($22.50 on sale). I think monthly subscription would make sense if you actually paid monthly, as $1 per month is easier to swallow than $45 at once.

Ah, did not catch that. Will check it out further, thanks for sharing!

• The coupon is only for the FIRST month free per the info on the payment section.

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited December 2016

@Blazing said:
    The coupon is only for the FIRST month free per the info on the payment section.

That's what I initially thought.

But you get the email with that link inside after you sign up through someone's referral link. By that point you already have the first month of Pro for free.

Also if you try to check out without that promo code the total due is $12. With that coupon it turns into $0. That's why I was wondering if someone interested enough can sign up, and see when the next billing date is. I'm fairly sure there's a glitch and it'll actually give you 12 months for free.

Mailbird doesn't seem to care deeply about the payments. I mean you can refer 5 of your other email addresses, install mailbird, sign in with each referred email, uninstall and repeat to get a lifetime pro membership for free. Takes 15 minutes. I figured they wouldn't much care about a free year's subscription.

• Thanks @PepeSilvia for the offer.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Update: The sequence disseminating the information is flawed.
    Initially I did not continue with the process (as mailbird via fastspring payment authorization) required either CC or Paypal. At the top of THAT screen it mentioned "first month free" (even after implementing the code)
    However per your last comment, I did continue and it did zero out at the final stage.

• Wait, they call themselves the "Outlook killer" and are Windows-only? What about Mac, iOS, Android and Linux?

I might be really stupid but I can't see how this is worth it. Thanks for sharing tho.

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2016

I got interested in Mailbird and decided to Google around. One blog post exposed some very damning behavior and policies from Mailbird team, which would prevent me from ever trying this application. FYI, http://cubiq.org/the-best-email-clients-for-windows-2016

Thanked by 2Blazing PepeSilvia
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited December 2016

@Yura said:
    I got interested in Mailbird and decided to Google around. One blog post exposed some very damning behavior and policies from Mailbird team, which would prevent me from ever trying this application. FYI, http://cubiq.org/the-best-email-clients-for-windows-2016

Yah I was concerned about that too. The issue was that Mailbird was phoning home your name, email address and what plugins you were using, presumably for their internal analytics. You can turn it off now

• I was using Mailbird for around 3 months previously. Then I bought a lifetime license.

But the application started to kill my PC after I added more than 5 email accounts. The system load keep spiking. I ended using eM Client now.

• I started using MailBird 3months ago with ~10 accounts and everything works fine.

Pro:

• Stable,Really nice design (customs)
    • They offer almost all the time 50% promotion for lifetime PRO. (22USD + VAT)
    • License can be used on multiple devices, but your 'primary' account needs to be added on every installation.
    • Who want to test if is right e-mail client can test Free version which have only limit to added accounts. (3)
    • App Integrations ( I like Slack/Evernote and Feedly integrations )

Cons:

• Is available only for Windows
    • Missing mail filters. (This can be solved server side..)
  • My computer crashed after installing lol

• Awesome deal! I'm about to get a new laptop, this should work as a mail client (although I don't get it when you could use Thunderbird and exceed it with added plugins.)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2016

I must be a Luddite, because I prefer my messages to always be available through IMAP, and I try not to tie myself to any specific software- heck, I ran FoxMail, then some really awesome OS X only shareware app for awhile (in 2003, and 2006, respectively). The only one I seem to keep returning to is good ol' mutt.

• @WSS said:
    I must be a Luddite, because I prefer my messages to always be available through IMAP, and I try not to tie myself to any specific software- heck, I ran FoxMail, then some really awesome OS X only shareware app for awhile (in 2003, and 2006, respectively). The only one I seem to keep returning to is good ol' mutt.

And how is using Mailbird NOT making your emails available through IMAP? Complaining just for the fun of it, eh?

• NomadNomad Member
    edited December 2016

Meh, the last I tried they were just using iFrames for their so-called app integrations. So yeah, they can list almost anything as an "app".

As for the mail client, I admit it looks and feels nice. Only if you could've customized it and if they didn't route your mails through their servers for push-mail-like-functionality, it'ld been better.

When you ask for a feature they direct you to their voting page. And after a while, your feature requests are deleted due to "no interest". Even if there is. They just don't want to accept the fact that they're more into beautifying the piece of crap they have than adding real functionalities.

There were a lot of reasons which I don't remember all now but I got a refund for my lifetime subscription in the end.

• @Wicked said:
    Wait, they call themselves the "Outlook killer" and are Windows-only? What about Mac, iOS, Android and Linux?

I might be really stupid but I can't see how this is worth it. Thanks for sharing tho.

Airmail 3 on OSX is pretty nice.

• already got lifetime :O

• Still phoning home this application is. I have tried it a few times and there was always some feature that caused me to have to switch back to the Gmail web interface.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2016

@deadbeef said:

@WSS said:

And how is using Mailbird NOT making your emails available through IMAP? Complaining just for the fun of it, eh?

Yes, stating that I tend to be an AHDH (Actively Hyper Dunder-Head) software polyglot is certainly a complaint.

• thunderbird all the way.

• I am not sure if the dev of mailbird is behind the same group of dev of Type app in Android but for sure they have the same issue, the CPU usage goes up as you add more mail account, try adding like 10 of them and see yourself.

However functionality-wise it does the job, just like Type app, I tried to switch to Aquamail on Android for a few times but still ended up coming back to Type. Aqua (may be I didn't know how to do it properly) does a really poor job trying to scale the email to fit into the screen.

For MailBird it would be nice if they can have some ways to sync the accounts you've set up so that I don't need to set up like 10 or 20 accounts across different machines (then again, may be I don't know how to do it).

• By the way OP's link does work, you just have to keep going until the very last step to see the entire first year is free, remember to cancel Paypal billing if you paid via Paypal.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Only one month, not a year.