Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Alternatives?

VictorVictor Member
edited July 2012 in General

I am looking for some WHMCS alternatives that are either free or paid(preferably with monthly subscriptions). No need for automation API/modules and etc, all will be done manually. Product needs to be able to support products such as dedicated servers, VPS and etc.

So far, I've found these:
-BoxBilling(Seems to only focus on shared hosting)
-ClientExec
-Blesta

I don't need many features, just basic invoicing, recurring payments and etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If you do not need automation, you can easily use any 3rd party billing solution, not only targeted for hosting and create products to suit your needs.

• VictorVictor Member

Any suggestions? :)

• @Victor said: Any suggestions? :)

Try CurdBee - http://curdbee.com

Try Tradeshift http://tradeshift.com

Both are good, right now I gonna start working with Tradeshift.

• VictorVictor Member

Tried CurdBee ages ago, thanks for reminding me. :)

And Tradeshift looks like what I am looking for, I will give it a try.

• Any reason not to use WHMCS?

• @Victor

No problem we are here to help each other :)

• VictorVictor Member
    edited July 2012

@jshinkle said: Any reason not to use WHMCS?

No reasons, just wanted to see what else is out there and weigh my options. :)

• Gotcha.

• subigosubigo Member

I use Curdbee for all renewal invoices. No issues.

Thanked by 1martip07
  • longlongago thereisa iono sysytem

• VictorVictor Member

Thanks all for suggestions, but anyone has anymore for self-hosted solutions? :)

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@Victor said: but anyone has anymore for self-hosted solutions?

Willing to spend big bucks? Ubersmith rocks!

• VictorVictor Member

@NinjaHawk said: Willing to spend big bucks? Ubersmith rocks!

My pocket ain't that deep. :( If only..

• RandyRandy Member

i am having issues with WHMCS, and i am migrating over to CE, boxbilling is free but there are limitations if i am right

• I have been using Blesta for my billing/invoicing/automation. I have found their support at least to be quite fast and the interface to be good. While it doesn't have any accounting functions in terms of revenue reports yet, it is a good alternative imho.

Blesta's code is ioncoded, but their templates are freely changeable and you can match your site and Blesta's software to blend in very nicely to make it more seamless.

Now, if you are doing something like me, (Invoicing for hosting, web design and computer repair), Blesta is a bit weak in this area. It isn't built to do invoices on demand, but can be done fairly easily.

I also use another service that others haven't mentioned and that is also http://www.billingboss.com which serves as a great invoicing/quote engine but is not self hosted.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

@Randy said: i am having issues with WHMCS

What sort of issues? ClientExec is a pain to setup, but it isn't too bad after that.

• CLientExec, HostBillApp

• gianggiang Veteran

@Infinity said: What sort of issues? ClientExec is a pain to setup, but it isn't too bad after that.

It's just as easy as WHMCS :\ I'm currently running WHMCS, Hostbill and ClientExec for... testing and learning :D

• RandyRandy Member

@Infinity said: What sort of issues? ClientExec is a pain to setup, but it isn't too bad after that

invoicing issues

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

What sort of?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

Has anyone used http://www.spbas.com/ ? It's great, they added some hosting and registrar modules to it recently.

@ynzheng You can still use Iono :P I think you can buy a license or use it if you had one previously. The Iono and phpAudit staff created SPBAS, just speak to them.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@giang said: It's just as easy as WHMCS :\

hmm.. When I first installed it which was a while back, lots of stuff was messed up, the e-mail templates were completely fudged and lots of other things, I submitted like 500 bug reports.. They did fix those issues that I reported but too late for me. :(

I like it though.

• Hmm... http://spbas.com Looks very interesting.

• PADPAD Member

Shame spbas have no information on modules like SolusVM etc. Only WHM.

It is quite expensive. I would have used it for my new project, but the pricing is way to high.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@PAD The developers behind SPBAS are really great guys, their support is awesome too.

If you mention it to them, I'm pretty sure they'll be up for making a SolusVM module for the next release. Their modular system only got released end of last year and they've done so much already.

Heck, if their not interested I might make one of my own and release it.

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

Remember its a one-off fee. @LiquidHost

@AsadHaider

Interesting.

@PAD said: Remember its a one-off fee. @LiquidHost

Yes, I meant about my case / project, as I will try to do something really lowend in my spare time, this is not suitable :P

But it indeed seems good and I will actually test it out this weekend.

• http://www.spbas.com/pricing-and-signup

Don't get it, it is supposed to be free (basic plan) and those "Support & Updates Renewal: $29 / 6 Months" are optional?

• Never mind I just read the FAQ :P