Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPSes (Dallas, LA, Seattle, Chicago & NYC)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPSes (Dallas, LA, Seattle, Chicago & NYC)

georgegeorge Member
edited May 2014 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking to host couple game servers (Team Fortress 2) for a small project in various locations throughout the NA and I was wondering what VPS providers would you recommend me to go with?

These are the locations:

Dallas, TX

Los Angeles, CA

Seattle, WA

Chicago, IL or NYC, NY

Specs:

2 - 4 CPU's

512 - 1024MB RAM

20 - 50GB HDD (SSD-Cached if possible)

300GB - 1TB B/W

Budget:

7 - $12 per location

Thanks!

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member

take your pick http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/
    you can't go wrong with top 5

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

@namhuy said:

I was originally gonna go with VPSDime (Dallas and Los Angeles), Ramnode (Seattle), but I can't find any decent provider in Chicago.

• Got las vegas if your interested

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Seattle and Chi - LiquidHost

Dallas and LA - CloudShards

And you will be dealing with one provider and one team (Query Foundry) :)

Thanked by 1george
  • @namhuy said:

Are you recommending DewlanceVPS now?

• namhuynamhuy Member

mpkossen said: Are you recommending DewlanceVPS now?

dont know what you are talking about

• BradBrad Member

@george - Check out ByteShack (Buffalo). It meets your requirements and is just in your budget.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

@Brad said:
    george - Check out ByteShack (Buffalo). It meets your requirements and is just in your budget.

Looks good, what network do they use?

• BradBrad Member
    edited May 2014

@george said:

Currently ColoCrossing

Thanked by 1george
  • @iniz in NYC

Thanked by 1george
  • If you are looking for reliable Chicago provider then i will recommend daringhost.They are hosted in steadfast DC which is very premium DC.Also there support staff is very fast.Average response time 15 to 20 minuets sometimes even faster.They have LET offers just search and you will find.

• I would recommend the following

Los Angeles, CA - tacticalvps.net
    Seattle, WA - ramnode.com
    Chicago, IL or NYC, NY - vultr.com
    Dallas, TX - not sure, but vpsdime would be fine

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@grillmaster said:
    I would recommend the following
    Los Angeles, CA - tacticalvps.net Seattle, WA - ramnode.com Chicago, IL or NYC, NY - vultr.com Dallas, TX - not sure, but vpsdime would be fine

Would it be a silly idea to go with Vultr in every single location mentioned?

• @george said:
    Would it be a silly idea to go with Vultr in every single location mentioned?

I don't see why not. I haven't tried the other locations personally, but New York and Chicago have been great for me.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

@grillmaster said:
    I don't see why not. I haven't tried the other locations personally, but New York and Chicago have been great for me.

Well, I'm asking because it would be much more easier for me to control everything instead of having 3 - 4 different providers. What's their network like?

• @george said:
    Hello,

I'm looking to host couple game servers (Team Fortress 2) for a small project in various locations throughout the NA and I was wondering what VPS providers would you recommend me to go with?

These are the locations:

Dallas, TX

Los Angeles, CA

Seattle, WA

Chicago, IL or NYC, NY

Specs:

2 - 4 CPU's

512 - 1024MB RAM

20 - 50GB HDD (SSD-Cached if possible)

300GB - 1TB B/W

Budget:

7 - $12 per location

Thanks!

I was hosting TF2 servers with a vps with vultr for a while - they are pretty good; the chicago network was a bit iffy at times, but other than that they are fine.

Thanked by 1george
  • george said: Well, I'm asking because it would be much more easier for me to control everything instead of having 3 - 4 different providers. What's their network like?

One of the best I've come across in the low end tier.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@Void_Whisperer said:
    I was hosting TF2 servers with a vps with vultr for a while - they are pretty good; the chicago network was a bit iffy at times, but other than that they are fine.

What other providers located in Chicago would you personally recommend?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can I shamelessly recommend us?

Thanked by 1george
  • DH22DH22 Member

I had at least one short period of massive spiking on a Vultr LA game server. Wasn't used that much so could have missed more. Stopped using it. I was not real impressed with the latency of their Dallas or Chicago servers. Except for those really close to those cities the latency to many was higher than I have seen for some other hosts in these locations. Was no point in using them in addition to NJ. NJ is fine but I switched back to Linode after they announced their upgrades. Only location I am still using with Vultr is UK as I have been very happy with the latency there. Their Seattle location latency seemed decent too but I didn't have much use for Seattle. I have tried out a lot of NJ/NY and UK servers and can't really provide recommendations outside those areas. Linode Dallas was good but above your budget.

Thanked by 1george
  • edited May 2014

@shawn123 said:
    If you are looking for reliable Chicago provider then i will recommend daringhost.They are hosted in steadfast DC which is very premium DC.Also there support staff is very fast.Average response time 15 to 20 minuets sometimes even faster.They have LET offers just search and you will find.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying our service. I look forward to continuing to host your VPS.

@OP, here is a link to our order page for LEB VPS plans in Chicago/Steadfast datacenter. All plans include 4Gbps/4Mpps DDoS protection at no extra charge. Live chat is on our site if you have any questions.

http://daringhost.com/landing/leb.html

Thanked by 2george shawn123
  • dnwkdnwk Member

Looks like ubiquity has it

• DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2014

@george

It's worth noting that Vultr is owned by the same company and uses the same locations as the biggest game server provider around (GameServers.com). They should be a good choice for hosting a game server.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@Dylan said:
    It's worth noting that Vultr is owned by the same company and uses the same locations as the biggest game server provider around (GameServers.com). They should be a good choice for hosting a game server.

Thanks for the info, but I'm in need of a server(s) with a little bit more "flexibility", which is exactly what Vultr offers me in this case. In the end it's somewhat cheaper too.

Edit: I'm still open to new recommendations.

• @george said:
    Thanks for the info, but I'm in need of a server(s) with a little bit more "flexibility", which is exactly what Vultr offers me in this case. In the end it's somewhat cheaper too.

I believe that was the point that he was making. That because they use the network of a quite popular GSP, that it must be good.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

@jeffreywinters said:
    I believe that was the point that he was making. That because they use the network of a quite popular GSP, that it must be good.

I'm an idiot for reading that wrong, sorry @Dylan (thanks jeff). I should probably head to bed now.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

Hello george,

I am Joni from HostingInside and I can do this specification and price for you

CPU: 2 Fair share
    MEM: 512MB
    HD: SSD 10GB
    1Gbps
    Traffic: 500GB/month

$8.6/month

Package name xssd512 use coupon SSD30

Location in Los Angeles only.

Thanked by 1george
  • You may get > @george said:

With your Budget and Spec, you can get the VPS in Chicago except your required CPU numbers but more RAM.