Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable provider thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable provider thread

Mark_RMark_R Member
edited May 2014 in General

Hello,

I'd like all of you to share the names of server providers that you have been with for atleast 1 year with a overall positive experience.

I myself have been looking throughout the years for providers that wont ever let you down and out of many i've found 3 so far.

1. liteserver.nl

2. seflow.it

3. getkvm.com

I'm still searching for more providers where you put a long-time commitment on.

What would your current list look like? feel free to share it with us!

keep in mind that everyone shares his list based on his own experience.

Thank you!

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member

prometeus.com

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • PwnerPwner Member

bluevm.com

nodisto.com and its subsidiaries

Thanked by 1serverian
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2014

I'd go with SecureDragon. I've been with them for a couple of years, now, everything about them is quality - VPS performance, support and even their custom panel is excellent.

There are plenty of other hosts I like, but I have to say SecureDragon are probably the most dependable of all that I've used.

• I haven't used them a year but I have to +1 for SecureDragon. Don't see a lot of love for them but they're the most stable box I have and their Wyvern control panel is nice.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

I have a positive experience with securedragon too on their ddos protected openvz plan, their support was really great but I haven't been there long enough to rate them overall due latency issues NL -> Portland, I had to cancel because the location was just too far away from me.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've had/have production sites on all three of these providers so my vote for reliable providers go to:

SecureDragon: I had a VPS with them for quite some time, always had 100% uptime.

HighSpeedWeb/Hostigation: I have a 15/year 256MB VPS in LA with them, only downtime I've had with them so far was a node reboot.

RamNode: I have multiple VPS's with them in Atlanta. VPS uptime has been great but lately I've been noticing some network issues. Great performance, okay network.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

AThomasHowe said: Don't see a lot of love for them but they're the most stable box I have and their Wyvern control panel is nice.

I think since @KuJoe quit here they've dropped off the radar a bit, which is a shame.

Mark_R said: I had to cancel because the location was just too far away from me.

They're in Atlanta now, so you may want to reconsider. I've got a container there, so if you want a traceroute or something, let me know.

• daviddavid Member

I've used SecureDragon for over a year, and I've got 4 vps with them. They are pretty good.

There's a looking glass where you can run traceroutes from all of their locations at drgn.biz now.

• georgegeorge Member

Anyone else with liteserver.nl?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

david said: There's a looking glass where you can run traceroutes from all of their locations at drgn.biz now.

Nice! Didn't realise they had a NJ location, seems like the best latency to Europe unsurprisingly.

• sleddogsleddog Member

Mark_R said: getkvm.com

Isn't that the guy who starts brands and then sells 'em off?

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member

@sleddog said:

From what I've read it's the guys who bought it. Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG

• sleddogsleddog Member

Virtovo said: From what I've read it's the guys who bought it. Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG

OK :) It's just confusing.

My most-reliable list of VPS providers I've used for more than one year, regardless of price, ranked in order, is:

1. LFC - https://www.lfchosting.com/
    2. Linode - https://www.linode.com/
    3. RamNode - http://ramnode.com/
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

@sleddog said:
    Isn't that the guy who starts brands and then sells 'em off?

I've been a customer pretty much from the start, even after the takeover everything was being handled perfect. Whoever sold getkvm to another company atleast sold it to a really good one.

Thanked by 1sleddog
  • Been with HostUS for more than a year and havent had any issues... I've never had to look elsewhere

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@matthewvz said:
    RamNode: I have multiple VPS's with them in Atlanta. VPS uptime has been great but lately I've been noticing some network issues. Great performance, okay network.

Atlanta? Random IP drops?

• Nekki said: They're in Atlanta now, so you may want to reconsider. I've got a container there, so if you want a traceroute or something, let me know.

My VPS is also in Atlanta, very good. Might have to try NJ if it's that good to Europe though.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited May 2014
    • Prometeus (iwStack/KVM, 2 locations; had their openvz for years)
    • Dacentec (RTO, excellent performance and stability)
    • OpenITC (KVM)
    • Flipperhost (OpenVZ, 2 locations)
    • IPXCore (OpenVZ)
    • LetBox (OpenVZ)

A few that are looking promising:

• HostUS (KVM; hasn't been a year yet, but nice stability & performance so far)
    • BlueVM (KVM, 2 locations; hasn't been a year yet, but nice stability & performance so far)
    • Virtovo (KVM, 2 locations; they haven't been around a year yet)

Some providers may not match popular LET sentiments, but they have worked well for me.

It is a BIG deal for me to trust any provider enough to have two locations with them.

Thanked by 2Maounique letbox
  • HTTP Zoom, BlueVM KVM, RamNode.

Reliable for me is if everything works as promised, and doesn't go down for too long!

• Amazon AWS

• QuickPacket -Great Support, Uptime, and Network in Alanta

Not yet a year but VPSDime has has 100% uptime for me with a great network ever since I signed up.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

BuyVM have been great. Reliable, no downtime at all in the last 3 months.