Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How ServerBear can deal with Fake Provider Bench?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How ServerBear can deal with Fake Provider Bench?

acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
edited September 2012 in General

Looking inside some bench i didn't found how could @serverbear deal with fake ones. Only the common sense show me if the bench is valid or not or even if the node is under working normal or in just installed status. The reputation on providers can't be alterated only by benchmarks, for sure, as this sample thread showns but, they really check the nature of bench source?

Comments

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited September 2012

We check the specs of the plan match up, the location matches and the DC/routing matches.

On some occasions when I see extremely poor performance I will ask the submitter if we can open a dialog with the host, which usually leads to a migration to a newer node.

Most of the reports are public now, so the data points are all there. Let us know if you feel like something has slipped through the cracks (like me accidentally allocating a Hostigation benchmark to a Secure Dragon plan which Joe spotted - the location info made that easy to spot).

As I've said before benchmarks are only one piece of the puzzle when choosing a provider.

Thanked by 1acarrascope
  • Can you add vr.org for me to the hosts on Serverbear? Added 3 benches from it already ;-)

• Hey @William, it's on the radar working through a slight backlog :)