Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have your own VOIP server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have your own VOIP server?

kampungkampung Member
edited September 2012 in General

I just got a freelance work to setup a voip server. One is using kamailio, the other is using freeswitch.
I'm really new to this VOIP world, and feel excited that we can easily use our own VOIP server instead of using skype or other VOIP provider.
The VOIP server also doesn't need much resource, it can run fine on my LEB.
Do you have your own VOIP server? If yes, can you share your experience/usage?

Thanks.

Comments

• I have my own Asterisk running with a DID number for people to join me from their landline/mobile phones. I also have a provider for PSTN calls - mostly free to all landline destinations in major countries.

• @corehosting said: I also have a provider for PSTN calls - mostly free to all landline destinations in major countries.

Which countries? which provider?

• corehostingcorehosting Member
    edited September 2012

http://www.justvoip.com/ < This is the one i'm using after trying something like 5
    Charging 10€ of credit gives you 120days of free calls. Then you call on the low rates.

I don't have any telephone line in my flat as i get internet through cable so all my phone communications are getting through Asterisk

Also means you can receive calls on your Android phone when you're not home - Over wifi because over 3G it's definitely not that great.

Thanked by 1kampung
  • DolingoDolingo Member
    edited September 2012

Very interesting topic.
    What's the difference between Asterix and kamailio?
    Any advise on setting up such a server in a LEB?

Thanks

• @Dolingo said: Any advise on setting up such a server in a LEB?

This is what i used to setup my kamailio server https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/3.3.x/git

If you just want to do voice call between to softphone, you only need kamailio.
    asterisk & freeswitch will give you more power.

You can see the difference in here http://www.techistan.com/2010/05/31/difference-between-kamailio-and-freeswitch-or-asterisk-and-more-with-mierla/

• A freepbx VM here, with a Linksys SPA3012 for the physical link to the PSTN line. Works really really well. With sipdroid on my mobile anywhere I am connected to wifi I am connected to my home phone line! :)

• PIAF for me. all SIP traffic back to VoipVoip and bandwidth.com. Both work great for us.

• A complete automated solution with web interface and lots of option is VoipNOW. It's pretty expensive, but you have so much option. You can do everything you want with it regarding VoIP. It uses asterisk and kamailio.
    Personally I'd use only asterisk for a small business solution. In my opinion is the best and reliable free VoIP solution.

• i have 2 VPS running VOIP one is at hostigination and other on StylexNetworks

• I ♥ Asterisk & FreePBX.

• @dataeg said: VOIP one is at hostigination

Let me bid the SIP trunks

• I also use Asterisk and FreePBX setup on a 256meg LEB (with lots of room to spare)

It works great as long as you pick a location that has good latcency to most of your users.

I use voip.ms for my trunk and DID's.

• @miTgiB 80 Turnks :) , 10 Trunks from providers and other for customers

Thanked by 1ankittulsian
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

inb4 selling domain: lowendsip.com or lowendvoip.com

• @dataeg said: @miTgiB 80 Turnks :) , 10 Trunks from providers and other for customers

I'm sure I can be the low cost provider for anything US/Canada