Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

dominicldominicl Member
edited August 2012 in General

Anyone know when they'll be getting stock in Buffalo, NY?

Comments

• @dominicl said: Anyone know when they'll be getting stock in Buffalo, NY?

17th August they say.

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
    Thanked by 1dominicl
  • @concerto49 said: 17th August they say.

Thanks ;-)

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

hang out on their IRC. I think people there will get first dibs, not sure

Thanked by 1dominicl
  • Thx :D

• JackJack Member

Stock™ ?

Thanked by 1klikli
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

There is stock... for my case... I just need to wake up at the right time, and train fast click of mouse and fast typing.

• I don't wanna know. I'll probably buy 15 of them because I have a problem. You could put a sign over a mediocre candy bar stating that it would be out of stock everywhere for the next year and I'd buy a hundred...

jarland.me | Read about my new hosting experiment.

• u4iau4ia Member

@Jack said: Stock™ ?

Soon™.

• The first reaction when faced with a food crisis is acute hunger, even if you just ate :) It is human nature and they played it well. M

I am only representing myself :)

• @jarland said: I don't wanna know. I'll probably buy 15 of them because I have a problem. You could put a sign over a mediocre candy bar stating that it would be out of stock everywhere for the next year and I'd buy a hundred...

You should buy all of them just so BuyVM runs out of stock again.

Thanked by 1jarland
  • @concerto49 At some point you could just say I owned a buyvm node right? ;)

• I wanted to pick up a few, but probably won't be around when they get released. You guys promise you'll send me some benchmarks.....right.....guys? ;)

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • @jarland said: At some point you could just say I owned some buyvm nodes right? ;)

There. M

I am only representing myself :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Member
    edited August 2012

Here's a recap:

• Router/etc from SJ arrives today in NY
    • Our E5's are mostly built. Caches need to be installed if they haven't already and configuration is needed, but other than that they're pretty well good to go
    • The router is pre-configured for the most part minus the peering information with CC
    • The server for Shared SQL isn't configured at all minus the hardware. It'll take me an afternoon to get this all settled
    • The E5's will take Anthony about 1 - 2 hours to get all fully online
    • mirrors-ny.buyvm.net will be a few days late it looks like due to Matt not getting the box out with the others.
    • Not all 128MB's will be on E5's. I think we'll have a hand full of nodes on E5's and the others on L5520's. No, you can't pick which node you're on

@serverbear said: I wanted to pick up a few, but probably won't be around when they get released. You guys promise you'll send me some benchmarks.....right.....guys? ;)

I'll post some. Remember, these are E5 2630L's so their per core performance isn't as high as say an E3. These CPU's benefit from being 12 cores/24 threads. They'll still bench very high though :)

As I said, we've never been east of Chicago with Frantech, and never outside of California with BuyVM, so we don't know how quickly things will sell. Our goal is to be sold out before the company trip to Vegas in October.

We expect to have preliminary testing for our DDoS filtering on the east coast by mid September. We'll also be starting a free BETA for 2.6.32 again like last time. This time we'll likely let users keep the VM for a solid month.

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN, PPTP, FUSE, SIT & GRE Enabled! / Stallion Control Panel
    Thanked by 1Soylent
  • And me

• 96mb96mb Member

Time for another BuyVM VPS review :)

96MB: My Low End VPS Review Blog, 96MB Forum: Official forum for 96mb.com, LowEndPress: Low End VPS community news/tips site on 64MB of RAM!
    Thanked by 1Asim
  • Expand:

@Jack said: Stock™ ?

Soon™.

Maybe™.

Got divided by zero. Three times. Feel better ever since...

Thanked by 1Jack
  • Oh, I forgot:

Stock™. Soon™. Maybe™. Hope so™.

Thanked by 2Jack Jeffrey
  • I remember once asking Delta what he meant by 'tomorrow' :)

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Francisco mentioned existing customers gets first dibs, but I don't know how it works. Need to hang out to IRC or will push emails?

• @jcaleb said: Francisco mentioned existing customers gets first dibs, but I don't know how it works. Need to hang out to IRC or will push emails?

I'll confirm with Aldryic how he wants to do it. We'll likely just have people ticket what they're interested in.

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN, PPTP, FUSE, SIT & GRE Enabled! / Stallion Control Panel
    Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Maybe we should add: Aldryic's Decision™

;-) Just kidding, by the way.

• @Amitz said: Maybe we should add: Aldryic's Decision™

;-) Just kidding, by the way.

Well, since he'd be handling all the billing, it is :)

Francisco

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2012

Would be a nice title for a role playing game or Hollywood Film, by the way...

A Man, a Woman, a Pony. Aldryic's Decision.™

No. Wait. That sounds a bit like bestiality... ;-)

• Will there be (a lot of) KVM in NY? Specifically 512MB

• @winston said: Will there be (a lot of) KVM in NY? Specifically 512MB

I think around 20 - 30.

KVM stock in SJ will free up as people move around :)

Francisco

• @Francisco I'm looking for some on the east coast or Dallas currently though, so NY makes more sense :P

• wuyawuya Member

@Francisco When will buyvm have stock?

• @Francisco I'd like buyvm KVM nodes in both SJ and NY. At least 1 in each location as a trial and then more. Unfortunately not a customer but can't pre-order >.<

• @winston said: @Francisco I'm looking for some on the east coast or Dallas currently though, so NY makes more sense :P

Makes sense to me :)

@wuya said: @Francisco When will buyvm have stock?

We're really hoping for Friday but it looks more like Monday :( While a lot of our SJ gear arrived on Monday, the router got delayed a couple days and arrives later today.

@concerto49 said: @Francisco I'd like buyvm KVM nodes in both SJ and NY. At least 1 in each location as a trial and then more. Unfortunately not a customer but can't pre-order >.<

D'oh!

I say just try, it shouldn't be too hard :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: D'oh!

I say just try, it shouldn't be too hard :)

Yeah I even created an account on Frantech anyway even though I couldn't order. Wonder if that works :)

The thing IS I realized buyvm has KVM with storage. If you read my other thread, that's what I'm looking for.

• @concerto49 said: The thing IS I realized buyvm has KVM with storage. If you read my other thread, that's what I'm looking for.

Storage plans are based on KVM, yes :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Storage plans are based on KVM, yes :)

Oh no no, that I need too, but as in KVM plans with heaps of disk space. As I noticed the trend is that KVM has too low storage. Is sad. Trying to run a database cluster as said, mainly high availability.

• @concerto49 said: Oh no no, that I need too, but as in KVM plans with heaps of disk space. As I noticed the trend is that KVM has too low storage. Is sad. Trying to run a database cluster as said, mainly high availability.

Aah :)

Well, we got our private LAN in action as well. I don't have inter DC transit setup yet as we'd have to increase our capacity in both locations by quite a bit. Maybe in the future though ;)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Well, we got our private LAN in action as well. I don't have inter DC transit setup yet as we'd have to increase our capacity in both locations by quite a bit. Maybe in the future though ;)

Yeah heard about that too. Hey, I've been trying to order for a while. Stop teasing :p. BuyVM without stock is free advertisement. It's mentioned in every thread.

• It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

More buyvm for me...

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

What if rackspace gives an offer to buyvm?

Thanked by 1jarland
  • @jarland said: It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

More buyvm for me...

dixhost 4lyfe

Anyways, we got a decent amount coming up, I don't see us running out for a bit :)

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

Thanked by 2jarland jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@jarland said: It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

buyvm is trash, no one likes it... try hostbluff.

Thanked by 2jarland ihatetonyy
  • flyfly Member

@jcaleb said: What if rackspace gives an offer to buyvm?

what if you stopped posting

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Any chance of shared/offloaded mysql replication between Buffalo and SJ?

• @Amitz said: Oh, I forgot:

Stock™. Soon™. Maybe™. Hope so™.

Myth™.

Yes! I'm with Carstensz Pyramid Server Now stop asking me please :D
  • @bdtech said: Any chance of shared/offloaded mysql replication between Buffalo and SJ?

That would probably eat up a lot of bandwidth... not sure how cost effective that would be.

Check out my blog at rubiverse.net
  • JTRJTR Member

I haven't really been following this... Are prices going to be the same as in the existing location? Will IPv6 still be offered? Will plans remain the same in terms of resources/bandwidth/line speed? Will torrent traffic be allowed?

I'm unsure if it's worth getting a second VPS or moving my current one to NY... The ping to my current one is a little horrible from IL, so I think NY would work out better for me, but I'm undecided.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2012

@Francisco said: I don't see us running out for a bit :)

Guaranteed at most 2 hours then.

When you find that perfect VPS, KEEP IT.