Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited August 2012 in General

Anyone know when they'll be getting stock in Buffalo, NY?

Comments

• @dominicl said: Anyone know when they'll be getting stock in Buffalo, NY?

17th August they say.

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • flyfly Member

...of 2013

Thanked by 3Jeffrey tux Zetta
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said: 17th August they say.

Thanks ;-)

• hang out on their IRC. I think people there will get first dibs, not sure

Thanked by 1PacketVM

Thx :D

• There is stock... for my case... I just need to wake up at the right time, and train fast click of mouse and fast typing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't wanna know. I'll probably buy 15 of them because I have a problem. You could put a sign over a mediocre candy bar stating that it would be out of stock everywhere for the next year and I'd buy a hundred...

• u4iau4ia Member

@Jack said: Stock™ ?

Soon™.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The first reaction when faced with a food crisis is acute hunger, even if you just ate :)
    It is human nature and they played it well.
    M

• @jarland said: I don't wanna know. I'll probably buy 15 of them because I have a problem. You could put a sign over a mediocre candy bar stating that it would be out of stock everywhere for the next year and I'd buy a hundred...

You should buy all of them just so BuyVM runs out of stock again.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@concerto49 At some point you could just say I owned a buyvm node right? ;)

• I wanted to pick up a few, but probably won't be around when they get released. You guys promise you'll send me some benchmarks.....right.....guys? ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: At some point you could just say I owned some buyvm nodes right? ;)

There.
    M

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Here's a recap:

• Router/etc from SJ arrives today in NY
    • Our E5's are mostly built. Caches need to be installed if they haven't already and configuration is needed, but other than that they're pretty well good to go
    • The router is pre-configured for the most part minus the peering information with CC
    • The server for Shared SQL isn't configured at all minus the hardware. It'll take me an afternoon to get this all settled
    • The E5's will take Anthony about 1 - 2 hours to get all fully online
    • mirrors-ny.buyvm.net will be a few days late it looks like due to Matt not getting the box out with the others.
    • Not all 128MB's will be on E5's. I think we'll have a hand full of nodes on E5's and the others on L5520's. No, you can't pick which node you're on

@serverbear said: I wanted to pick up a few, but probably won't be around when they get released. You guys promise you'll send me some benchmarks.....right.....guys? ;)

I'll post some. Remember, these are E5 2630L's so their per core performance isn't as high as say an E3. These CPU's benefit from being 12 cores/24 threads. They'll still bench very high though :)

As I said, we've never been east of Chicago with Frantech, and never outside of California with BuyVM, so we don't know how quickly things will sell. Our goal is to be sold out before the company trip to Vegas in October.

We expect to have preliminary testing for our DDoS filtering on the east coast by mid September. We'll also be starting a free BETA for 2.6.32 again like last time. This time we'll likely let users keep the VM for a solid month.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Soylent
  • I hope i can get 1. :D

And me

• 96mb96mb Member

Time for another BuyVM VPS review :)

Thanked by 1Asim
  • Expand:

@Jack said: Stock™ ?

Soon™.

Maybe™.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Oh, I forgot:

Stock™.
    Soon™.
    Maybe™.
    Hope so™.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Jeffrey
  • Tomorrow™

• I remember once asking Delta what he meant by 'tomorrow' :)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

SoldOut™ << This one works for real...

• Francisco mentioned existing customers gets first dibs, but I don't know how it works. Need to hang out to IRC or will push emails?

@jcaleb said: Francisco mentioned existing customers gets first dibs, but I don't know how it works. Need to hang out to IRC or will push emails?

I'll confirm with Aldryic how he wants to do it. We'll likely just have people ticket what they're interested in.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • AsadAsad Member

Yeey! <3

• Maybe we should add:
    Aldryic's Decision™

;-) Just kidding, by the way.

@Amitz said: Maybe we should add:

Aldryic's Decision™

;-) Just kidding, by the way.

Well, since he'd be handling all the billing, it is :)

Francisco

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2012

Would be a nice title for a role playing game or Hollywood Film, by the way...

A Man, a Woman, a Pony.
    Aldryic's Decision.™

No. Wait. That sounds a bit like bestiality... ;-)

• Will there be (a lot of) KVM in NY? Specifically 512MB

@winston said: Will there be (a lot of) KVM in NY? Specifically 512MB

I think around 20 - 30.

KVM stock in SJ will free up as people move around :)

Francisco