Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free dedi server in FL from DataSoft Networks - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free dedi server in FL from DataSoft Networks

Comments

• @0xdragon said:
    Let me guess, you have "your own equipment" in a "premium datacenter" known as Aqua Ray SAS. Which totally doesn't give space to online.net or OVH or Firstheberg.

we rent our node from a compney who colo's with them.
    Aqua Ray SAS is independent.
    We use they bandwidth as well including international optimized.

• @mtwiscool said:
    We use they bandwidth as well including international optimized.

I knew it! You're not Matthew.

• @0xdragon said:
    I knew it! You're not Matthew.

I am Matthew.

• IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited May 2014

Wanna see how the outsourced support guys are replying to spambots/themselves?

http://hostingforum.ws/smf/

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

IceCream said: Wanna see how the outsourced support guys are replying to spambots/themselves?

http://hostingforum.ws/smf/

Saw it some days ago, so obvious. Horrible

• 'Hello...

Access Point is a rocky point immediately southeast of Biscoe Point and 2 miles northwest of Cape Lancaster on the south side of Anvers Island, in the Palmer Archipelago. First charted by the French Antarctic Expedition under Jean-Baptiste Charcot,'

gg, best explanation of an access point.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Well, I ordered a server with them this afternoon.

I got a weird email telling me that I use proxies or other form of spoofing... uh ?
    They say that my email address is not matching my Paypal address! Wtf ?

Also we see that you logged in from IP **** which is not matching your address. So have asked www.arin.net and PayPal for clarification of this paypal access also.

Wich address ??

Anyway, I know I have signed up for a free month, but come on...

Fred

• @FredQc said:
    Well, I ordered a server with them this afternoon.

I got a weird email telling me that I use proxies or other form of spoofing... uh ?
    They say that my email address is not matching my Paypal address! Wtf ?

Fred

just do what they ask and get your free server.

got 2 already.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

They are capping the core values to 1.7ghz (rather than the 2.2Ghz) there is also evidence of port throttling

i questioned them on this and got this "reply"

Please say what kind of application you are trying to use?

We don't allow virtual money mining in free testing server and we are very strict about this

Expecting your reply

--

also they refuse to give kvm access dispite it being there is a free option and will only install centos or server 2003 (not safe to use)

Test with PRIME95 Running

http://valid.canardpc.com/ipplz0

• FredQcFredQc Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    They are capping the core values to 1.7ghz (rather than the 2.2Ghz) there is also evidence of port throttling

i questioned them on this and got this "reply"

Please say what kind of application you are trying to use?

We don't allow virtual money mining in free testing server and we are very strict about this

Expecting your reply

--

also they refuse to give kvm access dispite it being there is a free option and will only install centos or server 2003 (not safe to use)

Test with PRIME95 Running

http://valid.canardpc.com/ipplz0

I have checked out mine with cat /proc/cpuinfo and I got 1800mhz for all the 24 cores. I don't know why it's different than yours, but yes they capped my CPU. Why they do that on a dedicated server ?

I also tried a UnixBench and got 900 pts with all the cores used.... lol

I turned auto-renew off and requested cancelation for the end of billing cycle and got terminated right away, so yeah...

Fred

• it also seems like they want you to cancel. they keep asking if i want it cancelled and refunded.

• and apparently that 100Mbps port is shared with 20 other servers

• earlearl Member

Well, all things considered, it is a free server.. I think they've been quite generous about the whole thing!

• earl said: Well, all things considered, it is a free server.. I think they've been quite generous about the whole thing!

Free for a month. burstnet does something similiar (or did) and never had such limits.

• earlearl Member

TarZZ92 said: Free for a month.

You should be grateful you got a free server for a month! It's more than enough time to evaluate their services.. Put yourself in their shoes and see how you feel if you were the one paying the bill..

TarZZ92 said: burstnet does something similiar (or did) and never had such limits.

Considering Burstnet went belly up! I would think it's a good thing they are not doing the same.

• earlearl Member

FredQc said: I turned auto-renew off and requested cancelation for the end of billing cycle and got terminated right away, so yeah...

You should be thankful they did that.. Had it been Fortatrust, they would probably bill you for three months and when you don't pay they try to screw with your credit rating!

I don't see anything wrong with a company trying to make money.. whats wrong with them trying to weed out the tire kickers? I'm sure they have bills to pay.

Not really directed at you, but maybe in some cultures it's fully acceptable to be ungrateful? I see the OP took the time to share a good thing and not 1 person took the time to thank him! but would rather bitch about a free service!

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • earl said: You should be thankful they did that.. Had it been Fortatrust, they would probably bill you for three months and when you don't pay they try to screw with your credit rating!

Difference is what Fortatrust do is illegal. a monthly contract is exactly that. not 3 months.

• earlearl Member

TarZZ92 said: Difference is what Fortatrust do is illegal. a monthly contract is exactly that. not 3 months.

Exactly my point.. I'm sure these guys are running the promo in hopes to attract more clients.. not doing this out of the kindness of their heart so a few folks on LET can play with a server for a month, on their expense!

I was saying they could do some funny business like fortatrust but seems their being straight up and just trying to get more business and weeding out the tire kickers! why should they service you if you have no intent on being a client!

• kousinnryoukousinnryou Member
    edited June 2014

I don't believe they run out of stock,just seems they play trick,maybe I am not their targeted customer.
    http://postimg.org/image/9ixxlu5cf/

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2014

@earl said:

It's a free month to tryout their service! This is exactly what it is. But what if they are trottling ports, trottling CPU and not provisioning KVM ? Just because it's free ? It's a non-sense to me, sorry. I just can't evaluate the product at it's best...

Fred

• earlearl Member
    edited June 2014

FredQc said: It's a free month to tryout their service! This is exactly what it is. But what if they are trottling ports, trottling CPU and not provisioning KVM ? Just because it's free ? It's a non-sense to me, sorry. I just can't evaluate the product at it's best...

Fred

Fred, Lets be brief! you can't even take the time to thank the OP, let alone to make me believe you would take the time to pay for the service!

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

FredQc said: I also tried a UnixBench and got 900 pts with all the cores used.... lol

I got the same result, check my 1st posts. Is this the real CPU performance for 24 cores dedicated server? :)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

KeyJey said: I got the same result, check my 1st posts. Is this the real CPU performance for 24 cores dedicated server? :)

well there is the case of

Being nearly 5 years old CPU.
    Capped to 1.6Ghz (1.8Ghz Turbo).
    Slow Ram

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member
    edited June 2014

24 cores of that server are giving less performance than one single core of a VulTR VPS. Is that normal ?

Comment: I mean 24 threads .... whatever

• DaveADaveA Member

@KeyJey said:
    24 cores of that server are giving less performance than one single core of a VulTR VPS. Is that normal ?

Comment: I mean 24 threads .... whatever

Thats why we're awesome. Experience > *

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • @kousinnryou said:
    I don't believe they run out of stock,just seems they play trick,maybe I am not their targeted customer.
    http://postimg.org/image/9ixxlu5cf/

Well, at least you could be generous and leave that $0.01 for them, for all their great efforts.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

DaveA said: Thats why we're awesome. Experience > *

,-)

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2014

@DaveA said: Thats why we're awesome. Experience > *

I totally approve! I have a 1Gb instance at your Atlanta facilities that is used as a slave dns server and it's really fast! I got 2000+ pts out of this little VPS if I remember correctly... :)

Fred

• earlearl Member
    edited June 2014

Not sure how they are capping the CPU unless they lower the FSB.. on Ubuntu I believe speedstep is enabled by default but when you are doing something like unix bench the CPU should be at full speed if you do a cpuinfo

should really be similar to this

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/12/22/D80pWMquPh6o3HhC

-update-
    Sorry wrong processor

• J1021J1021 Member

Started to SFTP some files over and got this email with the following MRTG attached.

So I capped the transfer to 10Mb/s before I went to bed. Woke up and uncapped the transfer and got another MRTG within minutes.