Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some strong words from non other than LowEndAdmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some strong words from non other than LowEndAdmin

wlanboywlanboy Member
edited May 2013 in General

A google+ post of LowEndAdmin:
https://plus.google.com/103353758302156595150/posts/QTK9mn6qrks

I think I am a bit late to the party, of all the mess of LowEndTalk getting repeatedly hacked and the whole ownership with ColoCrossing thingy.

Gotta say that it saddens me a little. It shouldn't -- I've abandoned that ship early last year and don't really want to get attached to it. I thought I've handed it over to some trusted hands. Maybe. Maybe not.

I guess I can at least clarify some of the mis-information here, especially when I expressed my intention to retire back in January 2012.

First of all, Jon Biloh of ColoCrossing did approach me (in an email on 22 Jan 2012) about acquiring the site. I rejected the offer, stating the reason that I hoped LowEndBox can stay independent, and then told him that I've found someone suitable, i.e. Joel aka Chief, which I did so in email exchanges with him on 20 Jan 2012.

There seems to be a mis-conception that I've sold LowEndBox/LowEndTalk to Joel. Well, NO. No money has been exchanged. In fact I've allowed him to continue operating on the Linode that I've paid for. I was simply passing the baton -- here's the passwords and the domain EPP, take good care of it! Some people might think it's mad by "giving away" two websites with 500k page views a month combined. But hey, a lot of people don't treat money as their priority in life.

Well. Not saying Chief doesn't have a right to sell the website. He has managed to continue growing the websites, and all power to him if he managed to find a buyer who is willing to pay good money for it. I really have nothing to say really, since the site is no longer mine.
Just a little bit sad. That's all.

Comments

• Every man has his price, it seems.

• MunMun Member

• xumitxumit Member

Thats sad bro.

• DalCompDalComp Member

I wasn't here at the LEA era, but it's just... sad.

• @Chief, lol, who am I kiddin'?

• Thanks for posting this @wlanboy

• MunMun Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Thanks for posting this wlanboy

Just a repost from VpsBoard by @francisco

• How do we know this is the real LowEndAdmin?

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    How do we know this is the real LowEndAdmin?

Francisco

• @MannDude said:
    Every man has his price, it seems.

I think Joel's intentions were nothing like LEA's. Like LEA said, he probably passed it on to the wrong person. I think that, from the start, Joel's intentions were getting money out of the site and nothing else.

From what I got, CC came to the rescue more than once when Joel failed to do what he was supposed to do. So, CC is probably part of the reason this site is still here and the community is still alive. Like it or not.

LET's move this community forward from now on, instead of looking back at everything that happened. I heard Liam has got some great plans for this place and I look forward to seeing them being brought to life!

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    LET's move this community forward from now on, instead of looking back at everything that happened. I heard Liam has got some great plans for this place and I look forward to seeing them being brought to life!

It isn't that easy.

• wlanboywlanboy Member

Looks like "offtopic" posts are not visible for guests. So I moved the topic to the category "general". Not that someone might call it "censorship".

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

So what's the issue? LEA gave it to Chief based on trust (really bad idea) then Chief moves it on.

You can take a view one way or another on the situation but no rules, laws or agreements were broken.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

So pretty much, LEA handed it over to Joel and he started auctioning it and trying to find the highest bidder?

Just lol.

• krs360krs360 Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    So what's the issue? LEA gave it to Chief based on trust (really bad idea) then Chief moves it on.

You can take a view one way or another on the situation but no rules, laws or agreements were broken.

Like you say it was a really bad idea, I would imagine they probably had a convo around not selling to CC and remaining independent, but then who knows..

Still a dog act either way and that is my view along with many others, I would of thought.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    So pretty much, LEA handed it over to Joel and he started auctioning it and trying to find the highest bidder?

Just lol.

What if Joel was just a proxy for CC?

• What if all moderator was just another account of CC? :p

• pavspavs Member

Wow, this is just beyond sad...

• earlearl Member

Hmm.. I always thought Joel bought LET/LEB from LEA for $10K..

• MikeInMikeIn Member

So finally who is running LET at present (Real Owner at present)??
    CC or the one who are active here, I mean Liam and his team..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeIn said:

CC are the owners, Liam is pretty much running it.

• @MikeIn said:

Liam is part of CC, at least indirectly.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@concerto49 said:

:o Cant say what to react, but anyhow a good man :) Atleast don't hesitate to put his comment when required..

• What if all moderator was just another account of CC?

I honestly think yes. If I were CC I will select admins and mods that are loyal to me, but I am not CC. :P

• rds100rds100 Member

@vRozenSch00n said:
    I honestly think yes. If I were CC I will select admins and mods that are loyal to me, but I am not CC. :P

But in this case they would have to pay these mods, or otherwise compensate them for their time.
    It's much cheaper to just get volunteers to do the job for free, and if one of the volunteers starts working against CC's intersts - they can always remove him.

• @concerto49 said:

I don't think he would agree ;-) Otherwise anybody receiving monetary compensation from CC would be.

• @mpkossen said:
    I don't think he would agree ;-) Otherwise anybody receiving monetary compensation from CC would be.

He's already said, he's not employed by CC, but by "LEB" and paid by CC. Hence I carefully did say indirectly.

• I don't think he would agree ;-) Otherwise anybody receiving monetary compensation from CC would be.

There is nothing wrong with receiving monetary compensation for our work or service, and it is the consent of the user whether to use our service or not. Furthermore, it also depends on the agreement of both parties concerning to what extent the service would be provided for the monetary compensation.

An extreme example, in the army, your service might include your live, but the army will take care of your family. :)

• @concerto49 said:
    He's already said, he's not employed by CC, but by "LEB" and paid by CC. Hence I carefully did say indirectly.

Good point.