Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 77
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Persona 3 Reload
    Platform(s): Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, PS5, PS4
    Release date: February, 2, 2024

Persona 3 Reload is bringing back the RPG for the modern age, with a revamped battle system, all-new English voice over, and more. However, Atlus has confirmed that Persona 3 Reload won't include content from FES or Portable, including the female hero, much to the sadness of fans.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
    Platform(s): PS5, Xbox Series X, PC
    Release date: Feb 2, 2024

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League sees you playing as our squad of chaotic semi-heroes. Squad up as Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot, or Captain Boomerang, with bots or other players taking the role of the other four as you play. Set in the Batman: Arkham universe, Rocksteady has already said this is a continuation of the previous games, so prepare to see some existing threads and storylines come to fruition. While the original Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League release date was set for May 26, it has since been delayed to February 2024.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Helldivers 2
    Platform(s): PS5, PC
    Release date: Feb 8, 2024

Helldivers 2 is a third-person shooter and sequel to the original Helldivers, which was a twin-stick shooter from back in 2015. The game from developer Arrowhead sees players take on hostile bug-like alien creatures with advanced technology and looks honestly quite a bit like Starship Troopers.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
    Platform(s): PC, PS5, Xbox Series X
    Release date: February 13, 2024

Life is Strange and Vampyr developer Dontnod is preparing a new action-RPG, with this one set in the frozen wilderness of North America in 1695. We'll be following two ghost hunters, Antea Duarte and Red mac Rait, who are trying to protect the living from spectral entities. The studio says we should expect a rich world and plenty of spooky cases to solve, with challenging decisions impacting the way you push through Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Skull and Bones
    Release date: February 16, 2024

Sea of Thieves isn't the only open-world pirate game out there - Ubisoft's Skull and Bones is also setting sail, with a much more realistic take on pirate battles on the high seas. Skull and Bones is basically Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag without the Assassins, as it's being developed by much of the same team behind Black Flag, and promises a sweeping solo campaign as you vie for control over the 18th-century waters in the Indian Ocean. But the real focus looks to be player-versus-player ship skirmishes online, where each player controls their very own warship in team-based fleet battles. There will also be supernatural elements amidst all the cannon-fire, like the colossal tentacles of a terrifying kraken lurking in the deep.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Nightingale
    Platform(s): PC
    Release date: February 22, 2024

Nightingale comes from former BioWare boss Aaryn Flynn. First revealed during the Game Awards 2021, Nightingale is described as a "shared-world survival game" that takes place in a Victorian fantasy setting. Sounds intriguing, doesn't it? You'll be able to play the survival adventure solo or with friends and other players you meet in the world. According to the official site, testing is set to go live sometime next year, so it looks like we can expect to see a Beta at some stage.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
    Platform(s): PS5
    Release date: February 29, 2024

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 is officially titled Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. Cloud is set to make his long-awaited return in 2023, with Square Enix teasing quite the shift from the original FF7 plot. Given that Crisis Core's Zack featured so prominently in the Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth reveal trailer, you might want to check out the Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion remaster that's set to later this year to get all caught up on the story. Otherwise, we'll be waiting until 2024 before we can get our hands on Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2, as we found out during this year's Summer Game Fest.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Alone in the Dark
    Platform(s): PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S
    Release date: March 20, 2024

Jodie Comer and David Harbour star as Emily Hartwood and Edward Carnby, respectively, in the new Alone in the Dark from THQ Nordic. Described as a love letter to the '90s cult classic horror game, it's set in the 1920s American South with a noir setting and Lovecraftian horror elements woven throughout. It's seen a second delay now that has pushed it even further into 2024, but from what we've seen in our hands-on Alone in the Dark preview, it'll be well worth the wait.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Dragon's Dogma 2
    Release date: March 22, 2024

Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming even sooner than we'd dared to anticipate. This long-awaited sequel will be directed once again by Hideaki Itsuno, and the game is being built in the RE Engine – which powered everything from Devil May Cry 5 to Resident Evil Village. RPG fans, take heed: Dragon's Dogma 2 is one of the new games for 2024 you should be most excited for.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Rise of the Ronin
    Platform(s): PS5

Team Ninja is developing a new PS5 exclusive called Rise of the Ronin. The game is set to take place in late 19th century Japan, and will reportedly be a combat focused open-world action-RPG. The reveal looked fantastic, especially what we saw of it during the release date announcement trailer shown at The Game Awards 2023. Team Ninja is one of the masters of samurai action games, and Rise of the Ronin looks set to continue that tradition.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Princess Peach: Showtime!
    Platform(s): Nintendo Switch

It's been far too long since Mario's resident royal got her own mainline game, so Princess Peach Showtime is here to remedy that. Peach will take on various guises in an effort to rescue a theatre from closing down for good in this action-adventure Switch exclusive, and it's looking adorable already.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Black Myth: Wukong
    Platforms: PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One
    Release date: August 20, 2024

A famous legend enshrined in Chinese mythology is getting the action RPG treatment. Black Myth: Wukong is one of the new games of 2024 we are so keen to see that we simply couldn't wait it out, having gone hands-on in a Black Myth: Wukong preview at Gamescom 2023. Its complex combat systems comprise a host of unique powers, abilities, and combos to bolster the Monkey King's kung fu-inspired melee moves, the latter largely involving whacking foes with a giant bamboo stick. From what we've seen so far, Black Myth is certainly one for fans of the best FromSoftware games to check out when it launches in late 2024.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Immortals
    Platform(s): PC, Xbox Series X
    Release date: TBC 2024

The second game from Thunder Lotus, the team behind Spiritfarer, 33 Immortals is definitely exploring something different. It's a 33-player co-op game where as you play as a damned soul rebelling against God's final judgment. You must work together to survive hordes of monsters, defeat bosses, and then take on God themselves.

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Ark 2
    Platform(s): PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S

The dinosaur hunting PC hit is back with a bigger, ballsier sequel in Ark 2 that features none other than Vin Diesel both in front and behind of the digital camera. Yep, the Fast & Furious star is not only playing a key character in the next-gen survival game, but he's joined series developer Studio Wildcard as an executive producer, having long been a fan of the original game. Goodness knows what that means for the final product… perhaps the dinosaurs were part of our family all along?

• UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES

Avowed
    Platform(s): Xbox Series X, PC

Avowed is a brand new RPG from Obsidian Entertainment, and although it has connects to the Pillars of Eternity games is also able to exist as a standalone entity. You'll be exploring the Living Lands as an envoy of Aedyr, where a plague is spreading to beast and foe alike.

• Hope you guys are enjoying the facts. Anyways, I am gonna take a break. Keep the hype up. Let's hit a century before the end of the year.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2023

@noob404 said:
    Hope you guys are enjoying the facts. Anyways, I am gonna take a break. Keep the hype up. Let's hit a century before the end of the year.

I've just been sitting here watching the show. You put up some high quality comments. :smile:
    Happy that you were able to keep the party going while I relaxed and did some light reading.

Thanked by 1noob404
  • Well i just woke up found this mess 😂😂

• Well good morning nonetheless everyone 😁😁

Thanked by 1kashon
  • Pasting some ubuntu-good-housekeeping commands I saved on my Keep.

1. sudo apt update: Updates the package lists, like checking the grocery store's inventory for new items.
    2. sudo apt upgrade: Installs available updates for your software, like grabbing those fresh groceries off the shelves.
    3. sudo apt autoremove: Tosses out unneeded packages, like taking out the trash after a cooking session.
    4. sudo apt clean: Clears the package cache, like wiping down the counters after meal prep.
    5. du -sh /* | sort -h: Shows disk usage of each directory, like peeking into cupboards to see what's taking up space.
    6. find / -size +50M: Finds files larger than 50 megabytes, like hunting for oversized boxes in the storage room.
    7. journalctl -p err: Checks for recent errors in system logs, like reading a diary for clues about problems.
    8. free -h: Displays memory usage, like checking how much mental space you have left for tasks.
    9. df -h: Shows disk space usage, like measuring how much room is left in your pantry.
    10. top:Lists running processes and resource usage, like seeing what's cooking on the stove and how much heat it's using.
    Thanked by 3noob404 Arjun42 dustinc
  • @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Hope you guys are enjoying the facts. Anyways, I am gonna take a break. Keep the hype up. Let's hit a century before the end of the year.

I've just been sitting here watching the show. You put up some high quality comments. :smile:
    Happy that you were able to keep the party going while I relaxed and did some light reading.

Glad that you found them amusing. More on the way. Gotta take quick breaks every now and then

• @kashon said:
    Pasting some ubuntu-good-housekeeping commands I saved on my Keep.

1. sudo apt update: Updates the package lists, like checking the grocery store's inventory for new items.
    2. sudo apt upgrade: Installs available updates for your software, like grabbing those fresh groceries off the shelves.
    3. sudo apt autoremove: Tosses out unneeded packages, like taking out the trash after a cooking session.
    4. sudo apt clean: Clears the package cache, like wiping down the counters after meal prep.
    5. du -sh /* | sort -h: Shows disk usage of each directory, like peeking into cupboards to see what's taking up space.
    6. find / -size +50M: Finds files larger than 50 megabytes, like hunting for oversized boxes in the storage room.
    7. journalctl -p err: Checks for recent errors in system logs, like reading a diary for clues about problems.
    8. free -h: Displays memory usage, like checking how much mental space you have left for tasks.
    9. df -h: Shows disk space usage, like measuring how much room is left in your pantry.
    10. top:Lists running processes and resource usage, like seeing what's cooking on the stove and how much heat it's using.

Adding to that, here are a few more:-

1. grep -r searchterm /home/let/* - Finds files containing the term - searchterm in all the files of the folder /home/let/.
    2. htop - Terminal-based system resource monitor. Easier on the eyes than top. Will require installation on some distros.
  • @TrK said:
    Well i just woke up found this mess 😂😂

How is this a mess. We made your dream come true. We are way past 69!

Oh I see! You are pissed because you missed the event.

• @noob404 said:

Nothing happened in 69, Init?

• @noob404 said:

Adding to that, here are a few more:-

1. grep -r searchterm /home/let/* - Finds files containing the term - searchterm in all the files of the folder /home/let/.
    2. htop - Terminal-based system resource monitor. Easier on the eyes than top. Will require installation on some distros.

Ok now expanding to centos.

1. sudo yum updat Updates installed packages to the latest versions.
    2. sudo yum install package_name Installs a new package on the system.
    3. sudo yum remove package_name Uninstalls a package from the system.
    4. systemctl start service_name Starts a specified system service.
    5. systemctl stop service_name Stops a specified system service.
    6. systemctl restart service_name Restarts a specified system service.
    7. systemctl status service_name Displays the status of a specified system service.
    8. journalctl -xe Views the system journal for troubleshooting.
    9. systemctl enable service_name Enables a service to start on boot.
    10. systemctl disable service_name Disables a service from starting on boot.
    11. firewall-cmd --list-all Shows the current firewall configuration.
    12. firewall-cmd --add-port=port_number/tcp --permanent Opens a specific port in the firewall permanently.
    13. firewall-cmd --reload Reloads the firewall to apply changes.
    14. yum search keyword Searches for packages containing a specified keyword.
    15. yum list installed Lists all installed packages.
    16. yum info package_name Provides detailed information about a specific package.
    17. df -h Displays disk space usage in a human-readable format.
    18. du -h --max-depth=1 Shows the disk space usage of directories in the current location.
    19. grep -i "search_text" file_name Searches for a specified text in a file, ignoring case.
    20. chmod permissions file_name Changes file permissions for security and access control.
  • @kashon said:

@noob404 said:

Nothing happened in 69, Init?

He really wanted to reach page 69 before New year.

Thanked by 1kashon
  • @noob404 said:

@TrK said:
    Well i just woke up found this mess 😂😂

How is this a mess. We made your dream come true. We are way past 69!

Well it's fine, i went to sleep after reaching the naughty number 😂😂