Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most trusted LET provider - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Most trusted LET provider

Comments

• OVH is over my sweet spot when it comes to company size

I feel best as a client served by a company bigger than a one-man show but smaller than multiple offices around the world

HostHatch, 6 people, about the perfect size. Up to 4x that is likely fine as well

• it's best not to trust anyone but yourself.
    but to address the topic here, i would give the following providers (tried to find a particular order):

*All-Inkl.com @ ?
    *Avoro / PHPFriends @Avoro @PHP_Friends
    *Incognet @MannDude
    *MXRoute @jar
    *BuyVM/Buyshared @Francisco
    *Hostslick @HostSlick
    *Netcup @ ?
    *Inleed @ ?
    *HostBRR @labze

Thanked by 3jar MannDude dataforest
  • I love my neighbor for keeping up the electric bill for my R910 that i left in their matresss.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • @emgh said:
    Not going to lie I love OVH

I hate their billing

I hate their buggy interfaces

I hate that they're such a big company that it's hard to really get to someone with power to fix stuff

But still, the stability for the price, unlimited bandwidth & ddos protection.. crazy

I totally agree, but I don't consider them such a cheap provider.
    They've raised their prices quite a bit. Even if it's still affordable.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@remy said:

@emgh said:

I hate their billing

I hate that they're such a big company that it's hard to really get to someone with power to fix stuff

But still, the stability for the price, unlimited bandwidth & ddos protection.. crazy

Yeah, but if you’re flexible you can always wait for promos, or, order what you need and replace with promo deals once they’re there.

Past year they’ve had a lot of great offers.

Especially recently on cyber monday where they did 15 % off their already discounted prices and on certain limited edition servers.

I got the GAME-LE-1 if I remember correctly which basically is the GAME-1 but twice as large NVMes and 128 GB RAM for less than €60 a month (again, if I remember it right, on my phone). They did however still charge that setup fee.

But even the usual 50-55 % off the game range brings the pricing down to resonable levels.

My last servers with OVH have all been promo servers (2x GAME-1) and this BF I replaced them both with one of the above mentioned.

But I agree, with non-discounted pricing, it’s at the higher end for what you’re getting (non-personalized support and a platform filled with bugs).

• @emgh said:

@remy said:

@emgh said:

I hate their billing

Yeah, but if you’re flexible you can always wait for promos, or, order what you need and replace with promo deals once they’re there.

Past year they’ve had a lot of great offers.

Especially recently on cyber monday where they did 15 % off their already discounted prices and on certain limited edition servers.

I got the GAME-LE-1 if I remember correctly which basically is the GAME-1 but twice as large NVMes and 128 GB RAM for less than €60 a month (again, if I remember it right, on my phone). They did however still charge that setup fee.

But even the usual 50-55 % off the game range brings the pricing down to resonable levels.

My last servers with OVH have all been promo servers (2x GAME-1) and this BF I replaced them both with one of the above mentioned.

But I agree, with non-discounted pricing, it’s at the higher end for what you’re getting (non-personalized support and a platform filled with bugs).

Let's just say it's starting to reach prices where there are competitors. And at certain price levels, I expect support if I need it.
    And the quality of the support is rather random.
    But I have nothing to say about the reliability of their service, I've been using it for over 10 years. And overall, it works very well.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @dahartigan said:
    Mzungu host has 0 charge backs if that's a reliable indicator of reliability.

Plus exotic premium pentium location

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @emgh said:

I hate their billing

Me too. Kimsufi/SyS are just too much value to pass up, particularly on black friday.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I use hyperexpert, no problems in the last few years.

Thanked by 1hyperexpert
  • speedypage
    greencloud
    mxroute
    alwyzon
    bero-host (not active on LET)
    hetzner

@yoursunny said:
    Most trusted LET providers:

• Joshua Prout
    • HostSolutions
    • DediPath
    • AlphaRacks / WootHosting
    • NVMeNetworks / Twistic Limited / Hostaris

I can trust myself to not buy from them.

you forgot HXServers but anyway thank you for your feedback mr pushup

1. @crunchbits
    2. Racknerd

That's it!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
    1. Hetzner (had and still have multiple services there with minimum issues for +5 years)
    2. Kuroit (been using their services for +1 year and pretty satisfied with quality and support)
    3. vpshostingservice.co (had multiple low-end services for a year without any issue)
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JasonM said:
    these are my trusted ones..
    @Francisco 95% trusted (buyvm/shared)
    @dustinc 95% trusted & growing every year (racknerd)
    @MikePT 90% trusted & growing every year (myw.pt)
    @labze 60% trusted & growing.. since they're new here (hostbrr)

Thank you Jason! <3

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

My most trusted providers are:

• Alpharacks (dustinc)
    • Woothosting (dustinc)
    • NFPhosting (dustinc)

I have been a long time customer of them and can attest to their reliability, uptime, and support.

Thanked by 1loay
    1. OVH
    2. Hetzner
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said:
    We will have provider poll very soon

Am I special enough to be on there? :smiley:

• @srch07 said: Have a DMCA ignore server for reverse proxy from AlexHost since past 2 years on a promo

Does anyone have any experience with AlexHost's free DNS hosting?

• @Turbo_Pascal said:

@srch07 said: Have a DMCA ignore server for reverse proxy from AlexHost since past 2 years on a promo

Does anyone have any experience with AlexHost's free DNS hosting?

I think it's just a dns hosting, it doesn't hide the server ip.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:
    Most trusted LET providers:

• Joshua Prout
    • HostSolutions
    • DediPath
    • AlphaRacks / WootHosting
    • NVMeNetworks / Twistic Limited / Hostaris

I can trust myself to not buy from them.

You forgot the Doc and the guy with the pet store and a "datacenter" in the basement.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • In no particular order:

• UGVPS
    • XFuse Solutions
  • Vultr, ovh and speedypage B)

• buyvm

• @Moopah said:
    My most trusted providers are:

• Alpharacks (dustinc)
    • Woothosting (dustinc)
    • NFPhosting (dustinc)

I have been a long time customer of them and can attest to their reliability, uptime, and support.

Cause a 0 could also be called unlimited :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@emgh said: Not going to lie I love OVH

I love OVH too, they are crazy bitches, but they are ours.

@dahartigan said: Me too. Kimsufi/SyS are just too much value to pass up, particularly on black friday.

I still have their KS offer from 2 years ago, they raised the price from 15 to 16 something, but it is a dedi with 4 TB, 32 gb ram and unlimited BW. Is there anything similar at this price?

Thanked by 2remy emgh
  • @TNAHosting i would say :smile:

Thanked by 1TNAHosting
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2023

@emgh said:

I hate their billing

Their "monthly" IP charge is for the entire year (broken panel UI? who knows). Terrible panel, loads slower than even LET during a DDoS attack.

1/10 because the DDoS protection works well and is unbeatable for the price.

(actual score is probably around 5/10)

Edit: Took them 2.5 business days to respond to an invoice question, and the response is unrelated to my question (seems like some automatic reply). lol, still - works well, but don't expect support/a responsive interface/decent billing practices

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Maounique said:

@emgh said: Not going to lie I love OVH

I love OVH too, they are crazy bitches, but they are ours.

Best description of OVH I’ve seen

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Terrahost
    Hostslick
    AlexHost
    Crunchbits
    Incognet