Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2023 in General

While browsing Appsumo, I just found out that GooseVPN (NL company) lifetime deal is back for 19$: https://appsumo.com/products/goose-vpn/

https://goosevpn.com/

It's not on Stacksocial (,unfortunately). However, iirc, Appsumo has that 60 days satisfaction guarantee on any redeemed product, so..might as well give it a try.

If memory serves, Goose VPN (while it was selling on Stacksocial) was kind of decent VPN, not stellar, but not shabby like other bad ones either.
The Android app has like 100k Downloads and has some mediocre reviews. Recent Appsumo reviews are 4.5/5 stars (only 5 reviews yet, though).

There's also Trustpilot (make of it what you will):

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/goosevpn.com?sort=recency

Apparently there are streaming servers and p2p servers. No Wireguard so far, but apparently on roadmap according to a reply in Appsumo question section.

I might just pass it to my collection.. anyone tried them in the past?

Thanked by 1YSPaname

Comments

• I have it and only paid about $3 for it from someone else's bundle. Streaming unlocked is almost unavailable, torrent downloads work fine but most p2p servers are in Europe.

Thanked by 2Ympker BBTN
  • @fadedmaple said:
    I have it and only paid about $3 for it from someone else's bundle. Streaming unlocked is almost unavailable, torrent downloads work fine but most p2p servers are in Europe.

It says it offers linux and routers, so does it offer configuration files for protocols like OpenVPN?

• @default said:

@fadedmaple said:
    I have it and only paid about $3 for it from someone else's bundle. Streaming unlocked is almost unavailable, torrent downloads work fine but most p2p servers are in Europe.

It says it offers linux and routers, so does it offer configuration files for protocols like OpenVPN?

They do provide the ovpn configuration file and the password for IKEv2, Their documentation is not very comprehensive but I tend to configure IKEv2 on my server.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AcacyAcacy Member

Anyone have the list goosevpn server location?
    unable to find on their website

• @Acacy said:
    Anyone have the list goosevpn server location?
    unable to find on their website

Just scroll down https://goosevpn.com/goose-vpn - they have locations listed there.

Thanked by 1Acacy
  • Only 3 simultaneous devices on the lowest tier.

Doesn't seem like they support WireGuard.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

I was able to run some quick tests as someone on LET bought the deal and was so kind as to provide me with the credentials so I can check out the service.
    Here are my findings (just from today, so no long-term testing).

OpenVPN speeds were much better than I anticipated and surpassed some Wireguard speeds I saw with Ivacy or FastestVPN.

My home internet is 250 Mbit/s Download (max) and 40 Mbit/s Upload **(max).
    Today's **Speedtest without VPN was 195/36 Mbit/s.

I tested the locations I mostly use (Switzerland, Spain, NL) and Switzerland.
    OpenVPN Protocol was fastest, even though I expected IKEV2 to be faster (usually works faster for me).

With OpenVPN I got: 164/13 Mbit/s in Switzerland, 184/16 Mbit/s in the Netherlands and Spain OpenVPN didn't work, so the IKEV2 result was kinda low 54/32 Mbit/s.

Overall, 184 Mbit/s is very good, considering that without VPN I got 195 Mbit/s, but I tried making some more connections to other locations and sometimes servers just weren't reachable/connecting. Seems a bit of a hit and miss, but when it works, it seems to work very good (on OpenVPN). For 19$ not bad as an alternative VPN, not sure if I will pull the trigger, though. I didn't see any specific streaming servers.

@CyberneticTitan if I use a VPN by myself, I usually only use one device at once (or two, if VPN app and browser extension counts as individual ones). Why would a single person be using it on more than 3 connected devices at once?

Thanked by 4Arkas let_rocks bdl 0xC7
  • @Ympker said:
    I was able to run some quick tests as someone on LET bought the deal and was so kind as to provide me with the credentials so I can check out the service.

OpenVPN speeds were much better than I anticipated and surpassed some Wireguard speeds I saw with Ivacy or FastestVPN.

OpenVPN Protocol was fastest, even though I expected IKEV2 to be faster (usually works faster for me).

With OpenVPN I got: 164/13 Mbit/s in Switzerland, 184/16 Mbit/s in the Netherlands and Spain OpenVPN didn't work, so the IKEV2 result was kinda low 54/32 Mbit/s.

Overall, 184 Mbit/s is very good, considering that without VPN I got 195 Mbit/s, but I tried making some more connections to other locations and sometimes servers just weren't reachable/connecting. Seems a bit of a hit and miss, but when it works, it seems to work very good (on OpenVPN). For 19$ not bad as an alternative VPN, not sure if I will pull the trigger, though. I didn't see any specific streaming servers.

@CyberneticTitan if I use a VPN by myself, I usually only use one device at once (or two, if VPN app and browser extension counts as individual ones). Why would a single person be using it on more than 3 connected devices at once?

Can you share what ISPs they use in NL and CH? From the Speedtest screenshots I can tell AltusHost and M247. Thanks.

• @Ympker said:

Well for me I have my phone, laptop, home server, and a couple of remote servers that are not DMCA friendly.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

In my opinion this VPN is not the best, but is not bad either. I took for a spin their Tier 3 plan which apparently includes the Cyber Alarm addon, just to see what it actually is.

Cyber Alarm addon is basically a feature in which some selected VPN servers (only 2 locations at the moment) scan the connection for potential threats in transmission of data. This happens on their selected VPN servers which trigger an alarm. The alarm notification is displayed in application software and sent through email message (the later can be enabled/disabled in account settings). In theory the idea is interesting, but the problem is Goose VPN can not scan encrypted data in transit (like HTTPS protocol, doh!), so it only scans the unencrypted data. I don't know if this extra feature is worth the extra money for Tier 3, but I shall leave this for everyone to decide its worth.

Currently, Goose VPN has only 6 VPN servers on which they offer Cyber Alarm special feature: one is in France and 5 are in Netherlands. The [Tier 3] customer has to connect to any of these VPN servers for Cyber Alarm to work. These 2 locations are marked on the application as having this feature enabled.

In my opinion the idea of traffic scanning for threats within VPN connections could have been awesome 20 years ago, but nowadays when a SSL is free and most communication is encrypted in transit... I don't know. What in theory should be an addon for monitoring traffic on special VPN servers, could actually prove detrimental to their sales, especially considering people actually want anonymity - while Netherlands and France are part of the Five Eyes / Nine Eyes intelligence alliance. The company behind Goose VPN is registered in Netherlands too.

I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there (on LET) just in case anyone was wondering what Cyber Alarm is. I wish Goose VPN success with their sales and future innovations!

Thanked by 2Ympker dystopia
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@CyberneticTitan said:

@Ympker said:

Well for me I have my phone, laptop, home server, and a couple of remote servers that are not DMCA friendly.

Fair enough, but if they all need to be connected to the VPN at the same time, you probably just need to get a bigger plan, or consolidate phone + laptop + home server, by setting up a router with vpn (or e.g. get a glinet mini vpn router to put behind your actual modem). There is a plan that allows unlimited devices, too.
    Fwiw, I basically never use more than 2 devices with any VPN provider at once. I don't have VPN turned on 24/7, and since I mostly use it for unblocking or streaming, it's really just turned on on the device I am using in that very moment.

@let_rocks said:

@Ympker said:

Can you share what ISPs they use in NL and CH? From the Speedtest screenshots I can tell AltusHost and M247. Thanks.

I already gave access back to the LET member (I said they could change pw and I uninstalled the app), but it was all M247 iirc.

@default yeah, the Cyber Alarm thing sounded like their special addon (you will find the CEO runs another product that is sort of anti malware/cyber protection kind of thing), but imho I won't use it as it kind of makes IP leaking more likely according to some questions that were answered on AS iirc. It's a nice touch that it is a European Company behind it, to be honest. While that's not necessarily beneficial to all use cases, it is refreshing, though.

Fwiw, I still didn't pull the trigger (given the amount of LTDs I already have), but I'll give it some more thought the days to come.

Thanked by 1let_rocks
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Im looking for one of those lifetime deals with Argentina

• @netomx said:

Ivacy doesn't have Argentina, FastestVPN doesn't have it either iirc. Only one left is Keepsolid which has Argentina but now can only be bought together with Degoo on Stacksocial for 90$. The good 40$ times are over.

Maybe one of the remaining lifetime vpns on Stacksocial has Argentina though (maybe BulletVPN?).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • According to reviews on the Google Play Store, it appears that many nodes are not functioning properly.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @netomx said:

For Argentina you could get VPN Unlimited from Keepsolid as it was mentioned, or Seed4.Me (this also has Argentina).

Thanked by 2Ympker netomx
  • @default said:

@netomx said:

For Argentina you could get VPN Unlimited from Keepsolid as it was mentioned, or Seed4.Me (this also has Argentina).

Seed4me is now also 99$ lifetime last time I checked iirc. Keepsolid also is the better product imho.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Ympker do you maybe know if any from still available lifetimes have available browser plugin/extension? Apart from fastestvpn - they have it.
    I don't use VPNs, but this is sometimes handy when I want to check some website from a specific location (I use squid proxy installed on my VPSes for this mostly).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@Mumbly said:
    @Ympker do you maybe know if any from still available lifetimes have available browser plugin/extension? Apart from fastestvpn - they have it.
    I don't use VPNs, but this is sometimes handy when I want to check some website from a specific location (I use squid proxy installed on my VPSes for this mostly).

Ivacy does, and Keepsolid does, too.
    About others, I've lost track, but many don't I think. If it's just a few sites you browse from a different region and you don't need much data, you could use Windscribe 10GB free plan and jye their browser extension perhaps?

Thanked by 2default Mumbly
  • @Mumbly said:
    [....] available lifetimes have available browser plugin/extension?

Besides FastestVPN, I know of Ivacy and KeepSolid to offer this.

To check such info you don't need to buy, just look the list of lifetime VPN offers from Stacksocial, then check their websites to see if they offer browser extension, or if at least there is some guide for browser extension.

Thanked by 2Ympker Mumbly
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@default said:

@Mumbly said:
    [....] available lifetimes have available browser plugin/extension?

Besides FastestVPN, I know of Ivacy and KeepSolid to offer this.

To check such info you don't need to buy, just look the list of lifetime VPN offers from Stacksocial, then check their websites to see if they offer browser extension, or if at least there is some guide for browser extension.

iProVPN seems to have discontinued their browser extension on Chrome, and Firefox has terrible rating. What's more it comes at the same price as Ivacy in which case I'd go Ivacy 10/10.

Ivacy's browser extension is especially great, because it also unblocks lots of streaming services.

Btw. : Is it just me, or is Seed4me Lifetime getting unreasonably expensive (119$). I mean, if they're gonna improve the next years, sure. Last time they were lacking in features and protocols, though.

Thanked by 1Mumbly

@Ympker said: unreasonably expensive (119$)

x2

Thanked by 1Ympker

@default said: Keepsolid

oos :c

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@netomx said:

@default said: Keepsolid

oos :c

Out of service? They still exist. Just their highly affordable lifetime deal on Stacksocial (39.99$) got replaced by a bundle deal (Degoo+Keepsolid for 90$ish). It's still a great VPN, so the 90$ are still worth it imho. Of course, it's tougher to pull the trigger than on the previous deal.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-lifetime-backup-security-subscription-bundle-degoo-10tb

Damn, it's been quite a while now that I have been using Keepsolid Lifetime (just saw this when I logged into my account):
    Last NordVPN Sub ended in 2015. Haven't looked back :P

@Ympker said: Out of service?

out of stock for the $40. And as I see, also for that bundle.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@netomx said:

@Ympker said: Out of service?

out of stock for the $40. And as I see, also for that bundle.

Ah, damn :/

Keepsolid Lifetime VPN is still sold directly on Keepsolid's website. Usually 200$ iirc.
    Currently to 99$ (9$ more than the Stacksocial bundle): https://www.keepsolid.com/promo/spring-sale

My guess is, they decided to move away from Stacksocial since they are really kinda big enough now and exclusively sell lifetime (for who knows how long?) on their website.

@netomx check pm

Thanked by 1default
  • Bit the bullet on GooseVPN. Couldn't resist a dutch vpn company in my VPN collection and according to Datanyze (which according to a quick Google search seems to be rather trustworthy, similar to Crunchbase) even appears to have 14 employees and made 4.7M$ revenue (as a comparison, according to Datanyze, Ivacy "only" made some 5M$ in revenue and they are definitely the bigger company here).

https://www.datanyze.com/companies/goose-vpn/433375840

• I found a comprehensive review if anyone is interested: https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-vpns/goose-vpn/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@default said:
    I found a comprehensive review if anyone is interested: https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-vpns/goose-vpn/

I saw that one, too. However, I can't replicate the DNS leaks that were mentioned. Other than that this is probably pretty much on point.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

Update: Asked some questions on Appsumo and:

Hi,

Thank you for your message and positive review. Our technicians are actively working on both Wireguard and the Android app. I appreciate your suggestion of having a roadmap on our website to keep our users updated on the progress and priorities.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Seems like after my questions and many previous requests, Wireguard is now actively being worked on. A public roadmap would also be nice :)

• I have used GooseVPN, it is not very easy to use, not as easy to use as ivacy and fastestvpn

Thanked by 1Ympker