Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wasabi bandwidth. Is it really unlimited!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wasabi bandwidth. Is it really unlimited!?

fayaz90fayaz90 Member
edited October 2022 in General

Hiya guys
I’m using wasabi cdn.and my bucket size is now 1TB+ and keep growing

I need to know about their Bandwidth policy.

I’m not sure about their bandwidth. Is it really unlimited or any hidden Cap!?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Best CDN network
  1. What’s your Best CDN network60 votes
    1. Wasabi
        6.67%
    2. Bunny
      35.00%
    3. Amazon S3
        8.33%
    4. Google cloud
        3.33%
    5. Digital ocean storage
        1.67%
    6. Other
      45.00%

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

It's been 0 days since someone entered a poll option in the title box.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • @yoursunny said:
    It's been 0 days since someone entered a poll option in the title box.

Got it

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ErisaErisa Member
    edited October 2022

@fayaz90 said: Is it really unlimited

No. https://wasabi.com/paygo-pricing-faq/#free-egress-policy

If your monthly egress data transfer is greater than your active storage volume, then your storage use case is not a good fit for Wasabi’s free egress policy

[..]

If your use case exceeds the guidelines of our free egress policy on a regular basis, we reserve the right to limit or suspend your service.

• There is nothing better than akamai. But of course you need the cheapest. Go with cloudflare? Ingres is free, bandwidth aliances etc.

• @LTniger said:
    There is nothing better than akamai. But of course you need the cheapest. Go with cloudflare? Ingres is free, bandwidth aliances etc.

Does akamai have S3 compatibility!?
    Wordpress offload media support wasabi and S3. No bunny cdn

Leopard plugin isn’t supported any more

• @fayaz90 said:

@LTniger said:
    There is nothing better than akamai. But of course you need the cheapest. Go with cloudflare? Ingres is free, bandwidth aliances etc.

Does akamai have S3 compatibility!?
    Wordpress offload media support wasabi and S3. No bunny cdn

Leopard plugin isn’t supported any more

Akamai has everything you dreamed of and more. If not developed - after massive payment and yearly commitment - they would develop it for you.

• Cloudfront,

• lorianlorian Member
    edited October 2022

@LTniger said:
    There is nothing better than akamai.

And with their PoP at McMurdo station, I think, they are the only CDN operating on all 7 continents.

• @lorian said:

@LTniger said:

And with their PoP at McMurdo station, I think, they are the only CDN operating on all 7 continents.

Akamai PoP's: https://www.akamai.com/site/en/documents/akamai/points-of-presence-countries.pdf -- they even have Nepal and Christmas Island. Who can flex better than that?

• @LTniger said:

@lorian said:

@LTniger said:

Akamai PoP's: https://www.akamai.com/site/en/documents/akamai/points-of-presence-countries.pdf -- they even have Nepal and Christmas Island. Who can flex better than that?

i am unable to find their pricing plan. where to go?

• mwtmwt Member

@fayaz90 said:

@LTniger said:

@lorian said:

@LTniger said:

i am unable to find their pricing plan. where to go?

If u have to ask, u can't afford it.

• @fayaz90 said: i am unable to find their pricing plan. where to go?

They find you if you have enough money.

• The trick is to have a cache server in front of the Wasabi bucket.

I had about 10TB of photos and videos on one website and we were serving around 80-100TB a month of bandwidth at one point.

So I set up a handful of cache servers near our users. Only 100GB each so our Wasabi bandwidth was well within their free tier.
    Quite easy to setup and not expensive.

Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • How about Cloudflare R2?

• @Jackster said:
    The trick is to have a cache server in front of the Wasabi bucket.

I had about 10TB of photos and videos on one website and we were serving around 80-100TB a month of bandwidth at one point.

So I set up a handful of cache servers near our users. Only 100GB each so our Wasabi bandwidth was well within their free tier.
    Quite easy to setup and not expensive.

How do I setup this!?
    Will it work with cloudflare!?

I’m using bunny cdn. And I almost hit 11TB.

Please let me know
    thanks

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare R2. Cheap and Best.

https://www.cloudflare.com/products/r2/

Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • @FatGrizzly said:

But I couldn’t find any Wordpress plugin to offload media to cloudflare

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@fayaz90 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

But I couldn’t find any Wordpress plugin to offload media to cloudflare

Its s3 compatible, just use any generic s3 plugin?

Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

Wasabi yelled at me after 2-3TB on 100GB of storage a while back if I recall correctly. It's not true unmetered.

I moved to Backblaze B2, if you use Cloudflare CDN in front then all bandwidth costs are free. I was pushing 10TB/mo on 100GB of storage for just a dollar or so. It's $5/TB with $0 in egress fees with the Cloudflare CDN in front because of the bandwidth alliance.

Thanked by 2fayaz90 Erisa
  • @Advin said:
    Wasabi yelled at me after 2-3TB on 100GB of storage a while back if I recall correctly. It's not true unmetered.

I moved to Backblaze B2, if you use Cloudflare CDN in front then all bandwidth costs are free. I was pushing 10TB/mo on 100GB of storage for just a dollar or so. It's $5/TB with $0 in egress fees with the Cloudflare CDN in front because of the bandwidth alliance.

ok i switch to cloudflare cdn. and configured the cname,
    let see

• Only The Great Whole is unlimited.

• @Advin said:

With Cloudflare at front, it must be charging you something for the traffic.

• I don't use CDNs, I just burn CDs with my content and fling them at people in the street.

Thanked by 2SteveMC fayaz90
  • @Pwner said:
    I don't use CDNs, I just burn CDs with my content and fling them at people in the street.

That’s hurt people. Throw usb instead,

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited November 2022

@ashmanmalhotra said:

Google cloudflare bandwidth alliance. Traffic would be free for backblaze if tunneled through cloudflare but you still pay for the API calls. With backblaze you also don't get multi availability zones.

With all s3 providers you do get erasure coding but the only affordable providers with multi availability zones are cloudflare (???) and scaleway from what I know. The only affordable providers with free api calls are scaleway, contabo and wasabi (?). The only affordable provider with free unmetered traffic (without going through hoops and assuming the docs don't lie) is contabo. If you need free unmetered traffic and are willing to use cloudflare as a CDN, the only affordable options are wasabi and backblaze. (Or scaleway if you run a scaleway vps as reverse proxy)

You pick what you need based on how important your service is (multi az or not), how many api calls you make and how much traffic you use.

P.S. Let me know if there's other affordable options out there with multi az, free api calls and free traffic

Thanked by 2fayaz90 pbx
  • for lowendman, cloudflare is the best.

• @NoComment said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

Google cloudflare bandwidth alliance. Traffic would be free for backblaze if tunneled through cloudflare but you still pay for the API calls. With backblaze you also don't get multi availability zones.

With all s3 providers you do get erasure coding but the only affordable providers with multi availability zones are cloudflare (???) and scaleway from what I know. The only affordable providers with free api calls are scaleway, contabo and wasabi (?). The only affordable provider with free unmetered traffic (without going through hoops and assuming the docs don't lie) is contabo. If you need free unmetered traffic and are willing to use cloudflare as a CDN, the only affordable options are wasabi and backblaze. (Or scaleway if you run a scaleway vps as reverse proxy)

You pick what you need based on how important your service is (multi az or not), how many api calls you make and how much traffic you use.

P.S. Let me know if there's other affordable options out there with multi az, free api calls and free traffic

I must use wasabi. Because I found Wordpress offload media. Support wasabi. And I configured it well.
    Just concern about bandwidth. I setup the cloudflare cdn with wasabi. Let see what bandwidth consume.