Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 241
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• JonesJones Barred

@pdd said:

@Jones said:

@VirMach said:

@Jones said:

@VirMach said:

@Blast said:
    I applied to move to Tokyo, Japan, but you haven't done it for a long time, so I applied for a $3 refund, but you refused, I want to know why? Ticket ID #935959 and Ticket ID #912342

Close all your current tickets, you, as in just you, @Blast and make one requesting the refunds and I'll process it.

Can you handle my ticket# 298249
    about JP -- because the option of paid migration is blank, I can't see any VPS location, but do you allow me to manually complete the migration after paying the invoice (bill \1439344)? Looking forward to your reply

If it's blank, don't submit it unless you want it to get stuck for at least some time.

I'm sorry I didn't understand your meaning. Is there a conflict between this and my hope to manually migrate my VPS to JP through you after I pay the bill?

Forget about it! I've been making this request for days, Virmach have spent a lot of time merging and closing my ticket,adding me to the list of problem customers and replying to me in LET, but just don't have that little tiny time to just help me migrate, my migration request has been stuck for week now and still no clue, it's so confusing!

Oh, my God, this is a mess ~ we talked to ourselves all the time

• pddpdd Member

@Jones

You can search to see how many comments I have posted for this simple migration.

During which time I was mocked and even cursed by many people just for a reasonable request that should have been settled long ago!

Virmach seem to have their own logic and workflow which is confusing to me!

I just don't get any of it,this is completely illogical. I purchase a service and then wait for days without any solution and continue be ignored,while @VirMach is totally aware of my problem and can simply fix it but instead they chose spend way more time merging and closing my ticket,add me to the problem list,reply to me in the forum! Just won't spend that little tiny time to just complete the request as they should long time ago and then they can totally get raid of me!None of these make any sense to me!

PS
    I'm not moving to Tokyo where there is no room for migration! Anyone can chose RYZEN update to LA for free easily and like @VirMach said there is still plenty room but still my paid migration stuck for week!

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

@pdd said:
    @Jones

You can search to see how many comments I have posted for this simple migration.

During which time I was mocked and even cursed by many people just for a reasonable request that should have been settled long ago!

Virmach seem to have their own logic and workflow which is confusing to me!

I just don't get any of it,this is completely illogical. I purchase a service and then wait for days without any solution and continue be ignored,while @VirMach is totally aware of my problem and can simply fix it but instead they chose spend way more time merging and closing my ticket,add me to the problem list,reply to me in the forum! Just won't spend that little tiny time to just complete the request as they should long time ago and then they can totally get raid of me!None of these make any sense to me!

PS
    I'm not moving to Tokyo where there is no room for migration! Anyone can chose RYZEN update to LA for free easily and like @VirMach said there is still plenty room but still my paid migration stuck for week!

Dude, you have made more than 100 comments on this thread already. Why can't you just read or take a hint already? They have said many times that migration is not guaranteed and that it may or may not work. The original post also says that the ryzen servers may have minor issues and I believe virmach said many times that if you are in a rush for anything, just don't buy anything from their ryzen/storage sales.

@Jones said: Oh, my God, this is a mess ~ we talked to ourselves all the time

You did not get ignored, virmach answered your question already. Yes, you can still submit the request. But it may take a long time especially if your migration form is empty. It's not virmach's job to ensure you understand his reply after running it through a translator.

If you are still unhappy after making 100+ comments on a single sales thread, I think your best course of action is to just request for a refund.

Thanked by 1tototo
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

this is my benchmark , not too bad for a 12.95 service right? going to renew it.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue May 31 20:23:46 +08 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 6 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3799.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.0 GiB
    Swap       : 32.0 MiB
    Disk       : 35.0 GiB
    Distro     : Rocky Linux 8.6 (Green Obsidian)
    Kernel     : 5.18.0-1.el8.elrepo.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 283.94 MB/s  (70.9k) | 541.17 MB/s   (8.4k)
    Write      | 284.69 MB/s  (71.1k) | 544.02 MB/s   (8.5k)
    Total      | 568.64 MB/s (142.1k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.96 GB/s     (5.7k) | 5.63 GB/s     (5.5k)
    Write      | 3.12 GB/s     (6.0k) | 6.01 GB/s     (5.8k)
    Total      | 6.08 GB/s    (11.8k) | 11.65 GB/s   (11.3k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 4592
    Multi Core      | 11110
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16562034

Thanked by 2SinV AlwaysSkint
  • pddpdd Member
    edited May 2022

@NoComment said:

Dude, you have made more than 100 comments on this thread already. Why can't you just read or take a hint already?

yeah.Still not enough to help me migrate!Thank you for not mocking me like other people do!
    Like I said,I'm not moving to Tokyo.LA has enough room for migration.Virmach removed my ryzen migration button in the very early time so I am not eligible for any free migration, and like he said E5nodes will close sooner or later, so am I suppose to stuck in a non-existent node sometime in the future forever?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@pdd said: You can search to see how many comments I have posted for this simple migration.

Enough to understand that it will have no positive effect on the outcome?

You do realize that we're also working on actual fully broken services and servers as well, right? I already sent your ticket ID off to our developer and added the note you provided. Since then you've already commented many times and it hasn't even reached the developer for investigation yet.

I see you have two refunds for migrations on your account, two merged tickets, another ticket where you call it fraud that we refunded it to store credit, another two tickets about your other... I don't even know how many migration tickets since they're merged.

@pdd said: adding me to the list of problem customers

You're very deservingly in this group.

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:

[@pdd said]

Yeah, I deserve it, I deserve anything bad, I'm a bad customer, a bad Individual, spill it all out!

• pddpdd Member

I deserve to be mocked, I deserve to be cursed, I deserve to buy a service and wait for days without any solution, I deserve not to live in this world, I am a complete waste of resources.And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • pddpdd Member
    edited May 2022

@angstrom Please delete my account, I don't deserve to be in this forum!

• @pdd said:

@VirMach said:

[@pdd said]

Yeah, I deserve it, I deserve anything bad, I'm a bad customer, a bad Individual, spill it all out!

@pdd said:
    I deserve to be mocked, I deserve to be cursed, I deserve to buy a service and wait for days without any solution, I deserve not to live in this world, I am a complete waste of resources.And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night

@pdd said:

yes

yes

and yes

fucking strawberry snowflake

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@cybertech don't be an asshole.

Those tickets of frustrated clients aren't the problem but symptoms of a problem because someone took more on his plate than he can handle it.
    Some self reflection would be helpful also from a host at some point.

Thanked by 2yoursunny karjaj
    edited May 2022

@Samael said:

Those tickets aren't the problem but symptoms of a problem because someone took more on his plate than he can handle it.
    Some self reflection would be helpful here also from a host.

There's a difference between higher ticket volume and someone creating 4-6+ tickets regarding a single service requesting to be migrated within a week while also asking for it to be looked at here, some tickets which were after he was provided a message letting him know not to make further requests unless he understands there's higher wait times for that request type.

Customer was provided this reply on May 20th, which he definitely saw since he rated the reply. Then proceeded to make more requests.

We cannot currently answer any ETA questions or questions related to migration requests. If you want to place a new request, please understand that it may not be successful and you may have to wait a long time for a resolution. We recommend you check for any communication on our website or elsewhere confirming that the issue with migrations have been resolved before making a new request if it's a time sensitive request.

(Edit) Actually, it looks like five of the tickets were all made on May 24th, after the above message.

• @pdd said:

This is, sadly, probably your most meaningful and true post up to date, of your ~150 rants so far.

• @Samael said:

this is so unfair. why can @pdd be one but not me? why?

why me?

you against me?

me?

why?

fuck

edited May 2022

@Samael said: because someone took more on his plate than he can handle it.

I also want to add on to this, there are certain things that are unexpected and not in relation to taking more than what we can handle, as if we have any choice.

When we get a huge cluster of hundreds of paid migration requests after a small amount because (I assume) some people on another message board decide they want to all put in these requests and close them after 1-2 days and then request a refund for it, and then immediately make another request, this is now maybe a thousand tickets that we didn't have a week ago.

Just because a feature exists on our website for customer convenience doesn't mean we sign up to hypothetically handle every single customer at once but that's theoretically possible. Does it mean by having the feature there we sign up for that?

Just because a restaurant is "open" it doesn't mean during a time that people understand the restaurant is already above capacity they can arrange some impromptu event at the restaurant by telling all their friends to show up, with everyone asking for a refund if it takes slightly longer than anticipated to get their food, only to re-order the food immediately after.

All of these refund requests are essentially copy/pasted formats. Someone on HostLoc or somewhere else basically wrote a guide for everyone to do this at once.

Thanked by 3SinV tototo AlwaysSkint
  • fanfan Veteran
    edited May 2022

@VirMach Does submitting a paid migration directly leads to being added to the problematic customers list? It seems that both the migration and Ryzen migration buttons were removed from my account.

Out of the total five tickets since May 2018, two were automated rDNS changes, two were system generated tickets about NY migration and wrongly assigned IP, and one for the paid migration (which was set to on hold).

Ryzen migration feature has been removed.

Paid migration feature removed.

IP change feature removed.

Once we're caught up with everything else to some degree, I'll re-evaluate how we're going to add these back, how and to whom we'll offer it.

@fan said: @VirMach Does submitting a paid migration directly leads to being added to the problematic customers list? It seems that both the migration and Ryzen migration buttons were removed from my account.

No, that'd be ridiculous but we definitely added a good amount from people who spammed it in combination with refund requests followed by more requests, or asking for ETA in a separate ticket and so on. Basically a good example is the above with pdd. Here's hardly the only one that did it.

I wouldn't really worry about that list. A lot of people get removed from it as well all the time and we're still not really doing much with it.

• totototototo Member

@ VirMach said: Ryzen migration feature

Some people abused it, but I wish more people were benefiting from the Migration.

• fanfan Veteran

@VirMach said: Once we're caught up with everything else to some degree, I'll re-evaluate how we're going to add these back, how and to whom we'll offer it.

Take your time, it'll be nice if it happens because the one I chose to pay for migration was a relatively beefy one in CC San Jose, and as you previously mentioned, that location is meh.

But after all, it's all up to your decision.

edited May 2022

Tokyo pricing for new orders increased by $1/MO or $12/YR and setup fee removed. Price increase is NOT retroactive and will not affect existing customers. We'll still play with this around a bit and should level of support requests for this location normalize we may drop the price difference.

If we add back Tokyo to any dropdown/selection for existing customers it will most likely begin to carry a setup fee or the above fee.

@fan said:

@VirMach said: Once we're caught up with everything else to some degree, I'll re-evaluate how we're going to add these back, how and to whom we'll offer it.

Take your time, it'll be nice if it happens because the one I chose to pay for migration was a relatively beefy one in CC San Jose, and as you previously mentioned, that location is meh.

But after all, it's all up to your decision.

We'll probably still accept these soon, at least with data once SolusVM is fixed for that but pricing will most likely be increased if we cannot ensure they stay more automated to normalize the number of requests.

I guess the issue is that we switched these from just a location change to location change, plus Ryzen upgrade, plus more desirable locations added so they got out of control, all while it meant earlier migration to said Ryzen upgrade.

I'm not very good at charging people more when we add more value, which is fine, but not when it gets to this level of extra work and I don't mean the migrations themselves, that's fine, just all the extra requests surrounding the actual migration request. It's just an unspoken rule that keeps getting broken. Some level of courtesy was expected from us and I don't like letting a few people ruin it for everyone but once these pass a threshold where it becomes uncontrollable something has to be done.

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited May 2022

...> @VirMach said:

Once we're caught up with everything else to some degree, I'll re-evaluate how we're going to add these back, how and to whom we'll offer it.

This is why we can't have nice things. The migration buttons were awesome and something I've never seen with other quality low end providers. I asked another big provider to change my location shortly after purchase and they told me I was out of luck. Perfectly fine but VirMach is actually providing this service for its customers.

And what happens? PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY ABUSE IT. FFS, VirMach isn't the problem it's the shitty little children who have nothing better in their pathetic little lives other than to screw around a provider because they can. It's a huge incentive for providers not offer anything beyonds the basics because it just turns into a shitshow.

VirMach should have a "preferred customer" system: only those people who have been non-abusing/annoying customers for 6 months or more should be allowed access to special features and special offers. That should clean out the riff raff a bit.

• miaumiau Member

@haynhat said: - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Got them finally

@nutjob said:
    ...> @VirMach said:

This is why we can't have nice things. The migration buttons were awesome and something I've never seen with other quality low end providers. I asked another big provider to change my location shortly after purchase and they told me I was out of luck. Perfectly fine but VirMach is actually providing this service for its customers.

And what happens? PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY ABUSE IT. FFS, VirMach isn't the problem it's the shitty little children who have nothing better in their pathetic little lives other than to screw around a provider because they can. It's a huge incentive for providers not offer anything beyonds the basics because it just turns into a shitshow.

Stfu nobody asking for your lecture

• nutjobnutjob Member

@miau said:

@haynhat said: - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Got them finally

@nutjob said:
    ...> @VirMach said:

Stfu nobody asking for your lecture

So you've chosen to self identify as one of the "shitty little children who have nothing better in their pathetic little lives".

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Good work.

• TokyomTokyom Member

@VirMach said:

@fan said: @VirMach Does submitting a paid migration directly leads to being added to the problematic customers list? It seems that both the migration and Ryzen migration buttons were removed from my account.

No, that'd be ridiculous but we definitely added a good amount from people who spammed it in combination with refund requests followed by more requests, or asking for ETA in a separate ticket and so on. Basically a good example is the above with pdd. Here's hardly the only one that did it.

I wouldn't really worry about that list. A lot of people get removed from it as well all the time and we're still not really doing much with it.

Why cancel the migration? Aren't you happy to migrate? Why was it suddenly cancelled? It's a mistake from the beginning, why do something unnecessary, you deserve it, I'm happy

• TokyomTokyom Member

A bunch of pre-sale users are waiting for you, you like earning that $3 migration fee, asking for trouble, and now irritated? cancelled?

• TokyomTokyom Member

As a businessman, I hope you have some brains and don't let our group of users laugh at you

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@nutjob said: The migration buttons were awesome and something I've never seen with other quality low end providers.
    @nutjob said: And what happens? PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY ABUSE IT.

Oh, there are some LEB hosts like securedragon, justhost.ru... who use it since forever and they don't complain about abuse.
    Do you know why? Because their migration "button" actually work and clients don't have issue, don't have need to open tons of support tickets to beg for (un)paid migration to be finally finished, to get their servers finally online, to finally fix crappy connectivity issues, and so on and on...
    Some of you, including @VirMach see it as abuse while clients are just frustrated and pissed off because things don't work and issues aren't solved in timely manner. And it's not just migration button as we saw in past month or so.
    Personally I don't need one VPS more but I have it anyway and one day when things stabilize I may actually use it. So there's no reason for me to open tickets, request for things to get fixed, etc. And there's most likely hundreds of people like me.
    But then there's also hundreds of people who purchased it because they actually need it. After all delays they want to get things done to put it into production. And those are frustrated the most. Can we really blame them?

But generally my opinion is that at some point someone should stop blame clients like they owe him something and set up things properly before he take their money and there WON'T be any of those problems. That's on the host.

• We see people with some > @Tokyom said:

As a businessman, I hope you have some brains and don't let our group of users laugh at you

Is this the new @pdd ? Btw, you can ask again for Tokyo storage xD

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
    edited May 2022

@Samael said: But then there's also hundreds of people who purchased it because they actually need it. After all delays they want to get things done to put it into production. And those are frustrated the most. Can we really blame them?

There's a difference between these people you describe being justifiably upset regarding major issues like connectivity and stability issues, versus someone and a group of people surrounding him that already have a functional service and desire to have it moved somewhere else, to the point where they essentially have a temper tantrum over something already specifically described to them as essentially "use at your own risk, and don't use it if this is time sensitive to you" as they specifically decide to instead spam tickets.

@Samael said: Can we really blame them?

Yes, we can, if they knew what they were doing is not guaranteed to be instant and knew there could be a high delay. I'm hardly talking about everyone here but in the cases I am referencing, I still don't understand how you can bundle people facing serious issues with people who were already provided a refund and told not to submit another request unless they're willing to wait and instead they submit half a dozen.

But sure, it's our fault for allowing them to make the request or payment and expecting they be understanding of the situation and make their own decision. That's why we've taken that option away now.

Thanked by 2nutjob ZA_capetown
  • skorousskorous Member

@Samael said: But then there's also hundreds of people who purchased it because they actually need it. After all delays they want to get things done to put it into production. And those are frustrated the most. Can we really blame them?

If those people purchased a pre-order they needed for production from a vendor who's been known to have timetable issues but eventually making it right in the end then you're damn right I can blame them. If, after all the problems that have arisen, they're still hell-bent on putting it into production then even more so.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
This discussion has been closed.