Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 176
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @FrankZ said: Can get a little alien too?

AAwwwwwww, I want an alien too! < /whine >

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @skorous said:

@FrankZ said: Can get a little alien too?

AAwwwwwww, I want an alien too! < /whine >

Post your invoice ID first

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@skorous said: AAwwwwwww, I want an alien too! < /whine >

--

EDIT:

@zafouhar said: Post your invoice ID first

Not going to fall in to that trap. I have posted my invoice # 0 times, and have made 0 tickets.

• taizitaizi Member

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    Uh, posting invoice numbers is the trend today?

I wonder if we've gone a day without it.

I realized one possibility. In the process of translation, "I'll post the invoice or order IDs here" may have become "You will post the invoice or order IDs here".

I can confirm it is translated correctly in Chinese(google&deepl)

Thanked by 2FrankZ bulbasaur
  • taizitaizi Member

@RecD said:

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    Uh, posting invoice numbers is the trend today?

I wonder if we've gone a day without it.

I realized one possibility. In the process of translation, "I'll post the invoice or order IDs here" may have become "You will post the invoice or order IDs here".

===== LowEndTalk AUTOBOT ======
    Monitor Thread ID: 177704
    New Comment By @Virmach ........................ Detected!
    Comment Contain Keyword (invoice) ............ Detected!
    Random Comment with Invoice ID generating ... Done!
    Trying Posting the Comment ....................... Success!

thx for your gift, my invoice id is #...
    wait it is random, I need to stop the bot!!
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c
    ctrl+c

Thanked by 2FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @FrankZ said:

@miaoer said: Sorry to bother you, may I ask if it is normal that my TYOC038 Ryzen Special 2560 still offline(Since it was activated on 23/04/2022) but it shows "Active" instead of "Pending "?

Have you installed an operating system?

EDIT:
    To install O/S with CPU pass-thru enabled from a template:
    From the billing panel, not SolusVM
    Install template Debian 6 v2 or AlmaLinux8, wait 15 min or more, then install the template you really want to install.

To install O/S with CPU pass-thru enabled from a ISO:
    From the billing panel, not SolusVM
    Install template Debian 6 v2 or AlmaLinux8, wait 15 min or more,
    then change boot order to cd-hard drive, mount ISO of choice, reboot,
    install from ISO using TightVNC or similar VNC program,
    unmount ISO, change boot order to hard drive only, reboot.
    Enjoy.

Thanks for your answer. My TYOC038 Ryzen Special 2560 Operating System displays almalinux when it was activated, but it is offline, so I tried to boot, reboot and reinstall the system (but I installed debian11). After seeing your reply, I tried to install almalinux8(I didn't find the option of Debian 6 v2) on the billing panel and waited for 40 minutes. At present, it is still offline. I will continue to wait.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@miaoer - You waited long enough. AlmaLinux8 template is fine to enable CPU pass-thru, (it's one or the other).
    Please get the VNC logon information from the VNC tab in SolusVM and use TightVNC (or similar) to VNC into the VPS. What does it show?

You should see one of these:
    1. An error message saying "Boot disk not found"
    2. Error messages referring to "Kernel Panic"
    3. A blank screen.
    4. A login prompt
    5. Something other then any of the above

VirMach has said previously that some VPSs did not create properly on Node 38, maybe you are one of those. But lets check everything we can ourselves before we bother him.

Thanked by 1miaoer
  • risturizristuriz Member
    edited April 2022

@FrankZ said:

@risturiz said: I have AlmaLinux installed default... But not the option to mount netbook.xyz :-) ... Didn't know ATLZ005 is XPG candidate xD

Have you tried to mount the ISO from the billing panel ?

Hey! this is a bug or a feature? xD ... I can mount the ISO from billing, but now VPS dont boot hahaha... Dont worry im testing this first... Thanks!

P.D. At the end my VPS dont boot if i mount ISO from billing panel... Not any error, but dont boot at all.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • risturizristuriz Member
    edited April 2022

Btw, nice tutorial... Im gonna test this too

P.D. For the record, this works perfect!

Thanked by 1tototo
  • @FrankZ said:
    @miaoer - You waited long enough. AlmaLinux8 template is fine to enable CPU pass-thru, (it's one or the other).
    Please get the VNC logon information from the VNC tab in SolusVM and use TightVNC (or similar) to VNC into the VPS. What does it show?

3. A blank screen.
    4. A login prompt

VirMach has said previously that some VPSs did not create properly on Node 38, maybe you are one of those. But lets check everything we can ourselves before we bother him.

Thank you very much for your patience!

I get the VNC logon information from the VNC tab in SolusVM and use TightVNC into VPS, after i click connect, it shows "Connection Error : java.io.EOFException, possible reason: remote host not responding".

I think i am one of those, but he said "So if yours never provisioned correctly, today, you will see it go back to pending and due date changed to later.".

However,my VPS still shows "Active", that's why I came to ask.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@miaoer - Add an order # to your post above and tag @VirMach I think you are right and probably need to be added to the recreate list Virmach spoke of. If not, he can find out what is wrong with your VPS, as I don't think there is anything more we can try to do from this end.

Thanked by 2miaoer skorous
  • kisakikisaki Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach
    @miaoer said:

@FrankZ said:

3. A blank screen.
    4. A login prompt

Thank you very much for your patience!

I get the VNC logon information from the VNC tab in SolusVM and use TightVNC into VPS, after i click connect, it shows "Connection Error : java.io.EOFException, possible reason: remote host not responding".

I think i am one of those, but he said "So if yours never provisioned correctly, today, you will see it go back to pending and due date changed to later.".

However,my VPS still shows "Active", that's why I came to ask.

My situation is exactly the same as yours, also TYOC038!

@VirMach I'm sorry to trouble you to see if you missed my VPS

I provided a lot of error details, please check

View Ticket #466094

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

VirMach may already be aware of this issue, but he has been tagged here and will see it next time he drops by. I am sure he will give everyone an update on this Node 38 issue at that time.

Thanked by 1miaoer
  • @FrankZ said:
    @miaoer - Add an order # to your post above and tag @VirMach I think you are right and probably need to be added to the recreate list Virmach spoke of. If not, he can find out what is wrong with your VPS, as I don't think there is anything more we can try to do from this end.

Your help was very much appreciated.

• @miaoer said:

@VirMach said:

@Nico9999 said:
    I have to remind you that there are still some people in TYOC038, the status of our server is always offline, and we can't solve this problem through migration, because the migration option has been closed, when will this problem be solved?

TYOC038 Update - All the people left with a broken service are not directly involved in the disk issue it had, but most likely affected by it in that the system stuttered while they were creating and didn't create as efficiently, it looks like a provisioning issue similar to the other node earlier, I forgot the name. They never created properly. These date back from 04/11/2021 until now. We're going to set them back to pending, adjust the due date again to make up for the lost time, and add them to the pending queue. These should still be created first on the script again but I want to be very clear that it's not a guarantee. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't since it's the same script that would select these first if they were already selected first.

So if yours never provisioned correctly, today, you will see it go back to pending and due date changed to later.

Sorry to bother you, may I ask if it is normal that my TYOC038 Ryzen Special 2560 still offline(Since it was activated on 23/04/2022) but it shows "Active" instead of "Pending "?

@VirMach I'm sorry to trouble you to see if you missed my VPS.

Invoice #1398745

Thank you very much!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@miaoer said: Your help was very much appreciated.

You are welcome. We can only try. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's beyond us.

• @FrankZ said: You're welcome.

:p

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Ok, you got me. I don't normally make that mistake.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @risturiz said:
    Hey! this is a bug or a feature? xD ... I can mount the ISO from billing, but now VPS dont boot hahaha... Dont worry im testing this first... Thanks!

P.D. At the end my VPS dont boot if i mount ISO from billing panel... Not any error, but dont boot at all.

I have service on ATLR05 and I don't think any ISOs are synced. You should follow the other method by modifying grub after login to AlamaLinux, then use netboot.xyz

In short, if your service does not boot after mounting ISO, but boot when you don't have any mounted, then that's a sign that ISO is not available.

Btw, it should be P.S. not P.D.

Thanked by 2FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @xpreboun said:
    I have service on ATLR05 and I don't think any ISOs are synced. You should follow the other method by modifying grub after login to AlamaLinux, then use netboot.xyz

In short, if your service does not boot after mounting ISO, but boot when you don't have any mounted, then that's a sign that ISO is not available.

Btw, it should be P.S. not P.D.

Yes, i followed @tototo tutorial ( grub/netboot )... Now Debian 11 is idle :-) ... I'm only a little "worried" getting the same constant interface traffic in all Ryzen VPS

• @VirMach said: Just going to announce a little prize since I feel bad about the people who've waited until now for Tokyo.

But no love for those who silently and patiently wait even longer for let's say Amsterdam?
    We feel like a second-class citizens here :P

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach said:

@vincentwenad said:

@VirMach said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@tototo said:

@vhhjkgl said:
    I found a strange appearance, first I installed Centos7 and then went to DD's debian11, Centos7's data was not cleared at all, but the latency became abnormally stable.Node40

First install CENTOS7, then install bebian11 is unable to eliminate centos7 date, ssh connection still shows Centos7 information. I've tried a few times.

I have some questions.
    What is "DD's Debian"? Is overwriting installed disk image (an image of a gz or xz compressed system disk instead of an ISO) to /dev/vda using the dd command?
    I've heard it's a bit popular in China, but I don't think it's very common.
    Also, if the overwrite by dd was successful, the CentOS data should have lost, so I think you failed in dd.
    To me, the machine has rebooted, so it's stable.

When the cpu load is very low, the latency is low and stable, but when I enable the proxy and the cpu load increases, a slight increase causes huge fluctuations in latency, which is not normal . Further, when I have other operations, the latency becomes huge whenever there is a slight change in CPU, which I have tried many times.

I'm looking into TYOC040 again right now. I may check your VPS out in the next hour, just letting you know.

@VirMach said:
    TYOC039 took a little bit longer as it ran into some I/O errors during the transfer but it's about to be done and everything is going to be booted back up.

Please look work order #749044. TYOC039 VPS suddenly lost its hard disk and stayed offline of a day long.

Hi, first of all please do not use the outage report button like that. You didn't add the node name to the title, so it's not helpful, and it would just be closed. Also, we already sent out emails, as well as updated network status page for this issue.

And we've also already fixed these as well.

Yours is not directly related to this issue anymore. It seems like after the disk issue/outage, you spammed the buttons, some within the same minute, like re-install, boot, reboot, rescue mode, boot, re-install, then a couple minutes later re-install, boot, boot, re-install, etc. This caused yours to fully break and disappear. I'd recommend closing the outage report and use the appropriate button to create a ticket and explain what you did in what circumstance and mention that your disk is fully missing and it needs to be recreated.

Hi there, I've been recreated a new ticket #263665 to ask for disk recreation yesterday. Thank you for your patient explanation. I am wondering how long the normal responding time is, you may just recreate the whole VPS if necessary.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2022

@vincentwenad said: to ask for disk recreation yesterday.

You don't pay much attention to there being hundreds (if not more) of Tickets before you? Nor the major outages of other nodes.

Thanked by 2FrankZ tototo
  • Invoice #1402140

• @AlwaysSkint said:

You don't pay much attention to there being hundreds (if not more) of Tickets before you? Nor the major outages of other nodes.

I am just simply ask for the normal operating time so I can have a schedule for my work, but not urging anyone to expediting my ticket. Please do not be such hostile.

• RecDRecD Member

https://virmach.com/ryzen-special-offer-news-updates/
    needs an update.
    Last Update: April 18, 2022

Thanked by 1zhuyijun
  • @VirMach said:

@kalipus said:
    my ticket got now wiped, without an answer and no server

Ticket ID?

• @vincentwenad said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I am just simply ask for the normal operating time so I can have a schedule for my work, but not urging anyone to expediting my ticket. Please do not be such hostile.

Also you do understand the price you pay? if you expect someone to work on your ticket within hours you should increase your budget.

You shouldn't expect anything for your ticket as VirMach mentioned a lot of times that there are hundreds of tickets created daily. So don't schedule anything no.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • totototototo Member
    edited April 2022

@vincentwenad said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I like VirMach's service, but if you need to schedule work, I recommend to stay away their Tokyo node. It has good connections to China but if it is for business use you should choose a more expensive / effective service.

Thanked by 1vincentwenad
This discussion has been closed.