Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK-based VPS for Wireguard tunnel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK-based VPS for Wireguard tunnel

Hello people!
I am looking for a UK based VPS to just run a Wireguard VPN on. It's going to accommodate two people, three in an emergency, who will be watching UK TV for a few hours every day.
I don't need more than 512MB RAM and 10GB of storage (HDD is fine), bandwidth should be between 1.5-2 TB, I would appreciate it if it ever reaches that limit it doesn't get suspended but downgraded in speed.
My existing servers for the same purpose show a load average of 0.00, so it's going to be a very lightweight draw on resources. The important thing here is a good network and enough monthly bandwidth.
I want to stay away from OVH datacenters because the TV websites don't like their IPs very much.
Is there a good offer for something like that? I would like to pay annually. My existing provider offers something like this for 24EUR/yr, so I am looking for something to compete with that price.
Thanks for having a look.

Comments

• @plastik said:
    Hello people!
    I am looking for a UK based VPS to just run a Wireguard VPN on. It's going to accommodate two people, three in an emergency, who will be watching UK TV for a few hours every day.
    I don't need more than 512MB RAM and 10GB of storage (HDD is fine), bandwidth should be between 1.5-2 TB, I would appreciate it if it ever reaches that limit it doesn't get suspended but downgraded in speed.
    My existing servers for the same purpose show a load average of 0.00, so it's going to be a very lightweight draw on resources. The important thing here is a good network and enough monthly bandwidth.
    I want to stay away from OVH datacenters because the TV websites don't like their IPs very much.
    Is there a good offer for something like that? I would like to pay annually. My existing provider offers something like this for 24EUR/yr, so I am looking for something to compete with that price.
    Thanks for having a look.

Sounds like you need some @InceptionHosting in your life. Although pricing might be a bit of an issue.

Thanked by 1plastik
  • ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2022

Here are a few more options: https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=traffic:>=1500+country_code:GB

You should be able to easily find something around $20-25/year, especially with NAT IPv4. :)

Thanked by 1plastik
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

Sounds like you need some @InceptionHosting in your life. Although pricing might be a bit of an issue.

Guess who my existing provider is :D
    I am 100% satisfied with them and I intend to keep using their services, but maybe I can add a good deal by someone else to my collection, put some of my eggs in another basket.

@ServerHunter said:
    Here are a few more options: https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=traffic:>=1500+country_code:GB

You should be able to easily find something around $20-25/year, especially with NAT IPv4. :)

Thanks for the link, I'll take a good look at the offers listed there.
    Your website got me a good deal with Crowncloud a couple of years ago. :)

• DecicusDecicus Member
    edited March 2022

Don't think they're active on LET, but https://natvps.uk/ might be an option

EDIT: Just realized they for some reason don't allow you to pay annually (only quarterly), though you might be able to get that adjusted.

Thanked by 1plastik
  • Oracle Cloud free tier - as in free :)

Thanked by 1plastik
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@OsirisBlack said:
    Oracle Cloud free tier - as in free :)

Their IPs very odd as some of them report to Dubai instead of London, personally tried their service using London DC but majority of websites shows Dubai

Thanked by 1licher70
  • @WebProject said:

@OsirisBlack said:
    Oracle Cloud free tier - as in free :)

Their IPs very odd as some of them report to Dubai instead of London, personally tried their service using London DC but majority of websites shows Dubai

Yeah - This is true. I've had a couple of odd IPs but my current 1 shows London. In my case the IP doesn't matter to be honest - the location does. Plus I love free :smile:

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

Hi!

I’d be happy to offer you exactly what you require for the price you require (£19.99 per year) with 5TB of bandwidth. Our servers do not suspend due to traffic exhaustion, only rate limit to 10Mbps. We own all of our kit, network etc and do not resell anything from companies like OVH, VPS offerings feature a minimum clock speed of 3.2Ghz and DDR4 memory. We are also also about to release a new website :)

PM if interested!

Thanked by 2plastik tester4