Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just found this,OpenVZ VPS at Seattle for $2.00 USD Annually with 1 IPv4 & 500GB@shared 1Gbps Port. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just found this,OpenVZ VPS at Seattle for $2.00 USD Annually with 1 IPv4 & 500GB@shared 1Gbps Port.

2»

Comments

• @hostnoob said:
    Not worth giving up my details for

I didn't actually put my real address :o

I put the address of a local supermarket and their postal code stolen from their flyer hehe

• Its $2.50 first year with code P8Y3I3AB2Q

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Man, Debian 8 $5 setup fee?!

• @netomx said:

"For Ubuntu 14-15/Debian 8, ssh as root is blocked so we need to first create a user for you manually, and there's a $5 one time fee to do that. Please create ticket to support dept."

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@netomx said:

Sounds like new FortaTrust.

Well, there SSL configuration is shit: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=sentris.net

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sinsin Member

@IceCream said:
    "For Ubuntu 14-15/Debian 8, ssh as root is blocked so we need to first create a user for you manually, and there's a $5 one time fee to do that. Please create ticket to support dept."

That's hilarious

• they seem dont have tun/tap option on openvz plan. waiting for dev to "fix" this.

• Well, their arch image just wouldn't work, but bootstrapping it over Debian did it at least.

• myshahrul said: they seem dont have tun/tap option on openvz plan. waiting for dev to "fix" this.

They charge a setup fee for this AFAIK.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I love how the price of the server keeps going up every time someone orders.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @rpollestad said:
    the price of the server keeps going up every time someone orders.

Just waiting for someone to hit the jackpot at $10

• All ok, I will use for testing 7.5$ for one year is good for what you get (1gb RAM and network is good for now). Hope that it will stay online. Yep they ask about ID etc. but that is good for "normal" users.

• $2.99/year now ("Seattle, WA – $2.99/yr or $5.75/2-yr or $8.49/3-yr"), but base specs are lower:

OpenVZ
    1 IPv4
    2GB RAID SSD
    64MB RAM
    250GB BW on a 1Gbps Port (burst)
    Seattle Custom – 8-core 3.3Ghz
    Seattle PCCW – 16-core 2.8Ghz
    CPU: 1 at 100%
    No Support (Forum support only)
    No Mailing, No Abuse** (immediate termination)