Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special offer from MailChannels for existing MailBaby customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Special offer from MailChannels for existing MailBaby customers

mc_ksimpsonmc_ksimpson Member, Patron Provider

Attention MailBaby Customers,

Have you noticed MailBaby's service quality declining recently? That's because they stopped using MailChannels to send emails their own platform couldn't handle.

It's time to switch to the real thing. MailChannels has invested over $15 million and 12 years into developing the most sophisticated email delivery technology stack in the industry. Our automated abuse detection and delivery optimization is unmatched. That's why the largest web hosts and household names trust MailChannels for their critical email needs.

MailBaby simply can't demonstrate the same track record of reliability and scalability for the most demanding customers. And the gap is only going to widen.

MailChannels continues to heavily invest in R&D, with game-changing AI features coming later this year to further boost accuracy and reduce your support headaches. Meanwhile, MailBaby built a small service entirely dependent on us until recently.

Go with the real MailChannels - more reliable and better supported, as proven by our top-tier customer base.

For a limited time, get the real MailChannels advantage at an unbeatable price! We're offering MailBaby customers just $0.15/thousand messages with no monthly account fee, regardless of volume. Just visit https://info.mailchannels.com/switch-to-mailchannels and our team will get you upgraded within one business day.

Don't settle for less. Get the platform the pros trust. Switch to MailChannels today!

FAQ

How long will this pricing last?

This is the new standard pricing for MailBaby customers, with no planned changes. We'll even lock it in with a 12-month commitment if you'd like.

Will MailChannels limit my email content?

Our standard, industry-leading anti-abuse measures apply. But you'll have control with features like "Not Spam" and "De-list Sender" buttons for easy management.

What if I prepay by PayPal?

No problem! Just $100 minimum to avoid a small $10 processing fee.

Why this offer?

We're investing in our platform's future, and we want LowEndTalk customers to experience the MailChannels difference without worrying about cost.

Make the switch today at https://info.mailchannels.com/switch-to-mailchannels!

The MailChannels Team

Thanked by 1bg2023

Comments

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

Slimey behaviour there. Not sure if that’s the PR you wanted.

• mc_ksimpsonmc_ksimpson Member, Patron Provider

Appreciate the feedback on our offer. Our intent is to highlight MailChannels' proven track record and commitment to ongoing platform investment and innovation.

We hold ourselves to high standards as a trusted provider for top hosting providers, and that's what we aim to deliver for all customers. The special offer is simply meant to make this enterprise-grade solution easily accessible to the LowEndTalk community.

Our focus remains on delivering the most reliable, scalable, and technologically advanced email platform on the market. We welcome any MailBaby customers who are looking for this level of service and support to reach out to our team to discuss their needs and how we can help.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

That's a very nice offer. What happens after 12 months?

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@mc_ksimpson said:
    Appreciate the feedback on our offer. Our intent is to highlight MailChannels' proven track record and commitment to ongoing platform investment and innovation.

We hold ourselves to high standards as a trusted provider for top hosting providers, and that's what we aim to deliver for all customers. The special offer is simply meant to make this enterprise-grade solution easily accessible to the LowEndTalk community.

Our focus remains on delivering the most reliable, scalable, and technologically advanced email platform on the market. We welcome any MailBaby customers who are looking for this level of service and support to reach out to our team to discuss their needs and how we can help.

You could have accomplished that without attacking a member of the community, however. You could have said this minus the MailBaby hate.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 23

Good luck!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question. After the initial 12-month term, MailChannels will continue to offer competitive and transparent pricing. We are committed to maintaining our customers' trust and ensuring that they receive the best possible service and value for their email needs.

We continuously invest in our platform to keep our technology and service offerings at the forefront of the industry, which allows us to offer long-term, stable pricing models. Should there be any changes, we will communicate them well in advance and work with each customer to ensure they receive the best possible service and value.

@mc_ksimpson said:
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question. After the initial 12-month term, MailChannels will continue to offer competitive and transparent pricing. We are committed to maintaining our customers' trust and ensuring that they receive the best possible service and value for their email needs.

We continuously invest in our platform to keep our technology and service offerings at the forefront of the industry, which allows us to offer long-term, stable pricing models. Should there be any changes, we will communicate them well in advance and work with each customer to ensure they receive the best possible service and value.

Sounds pretty good. Good luck with the promotion. Sorry for all the stress the baby has caused you.

• icryicry Member

:|

• JabJabJabJab Member

This is really LOW(endtalk), congratulation on dogshit marketing campaign.

Thanked by 3tjn Oldschool skorupion
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 23

You should list pricing on your main website. Personally, I never use companies who give customized pricing to each account.

Also weird targeted post.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    You should list pricing on your main website. Personally, I never use companies who give customized pricing to each account.

Also weird targeted post.

New minimum is $500/mo. So expect to get fisted on month 13

• emghemgh Member

Just read the first sentences. This clearly isn't going to become drama xD

• TIL 15m doesn’t buy class.

Thanked by 1tjn

Thank you all for your feedback. Our goal is to offer a reliable, scalable, and technologically advanced email platform at a price that LET community members can afford.

We're committed to stable pricing for those who choose to switch; customers who are looking for a longer period of stable pricing often sign a contract with us to lock in their price for as long as they need it to be stable. If you have any further questions or specific concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly here on LET or shoot an email to [email protected].

Thank you all for your constructive feedback.

• Petey_LongPetey_Long Member
    edited May 23

@mc_ksimpson said: Thank you all for your feedback.

• KrisKris Member

Oof, good way to make sure I never use or recommend MailChannels for our MSP platform clients.

Meanwhile, MailBaby clearly scares you, is from a good provider with a proven track record from our state. Going to give them a try personally for a PoC.

PS: I thought you canucks were nice.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 23

We're using Mailchannels for most of our emails at work (through Ramnode), and it's been working great, but this really wasn't a good post.

Thanked by 3Frameworks RapToN iKeyZ
  • tra10000tra10000 Member

I was using self hosted mail.

Thank you, thanks to this topic, I will use mail.baby from now on.

• luissousaluissousa Member

Grabbing popcorn, brb

• seraphkzseraphkz Member

Seems extremely immature.

• ArgonManArgonMan Member

What a slimy and lowly way to flush 12 years of work down the drain
    You could have easily just posed your ad but you had to drag your competitor through the mud, a member of the community no less
    You should be ashamed of yourself mate

• Entirely classless way of letting everyone know you're terrified of mailbaby.

• alexroeualexroeu Member

I considered signing up with a Mailchannel's reseller. Now, I am sure that I will stay with MailBaby. And if I will leave MailBaby, I will go with MxRoute. Or smtp2go. Or AES. Or Mailgun. Or Sendgrid. Or Mailjet. Or Brevo. Heck, I'll go with my ISP's SMTP server, but I'll never go with MailChannels.

Thanked by 2MannDude Smigit
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Given the way you write about former partners, prospective customers will think twice before signing up for your services.

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 23

What if you just change the pricing overnight after getting all the Mail.baby customers? I mean that's what usually happens because there's a huge difference between the pricing that is listed on your website and the offer that you are providing.

Honestly we had lot of issues with MailChannels when legit emails were blocked just because of domain including specific keywords that were deemed suspicious by MailChannels.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Lampard said: What if you just change the pricing overnight after getting all the Mail.baby customers?

There's no 'what if'. The price is set for 12 months, after that it'll adjust up by 200 - 300%, minimum.

For 1M emails their pricing is $150/month. Even us, who had very grandfathered pricing, were paying $350/m+, with list price being $500/month. a 3x bump in price puts it under list price.

You should assume the price returns to $400 - $500/m for month 13 onwards.

Their intention is to try to do a late term abortion on the baby, likely not realizing it's just a side project of interserver, a company thats been around for 20+ years or something doing dedicated, colocation, & VPS. The baby side probably doesn't cost them anything past whatever dedicated staffers they hired for it. The hardware is gear they had on hand or just deployed on their VPS cluster. The BW & IP's they already have.

It's just a bad PR play by mailchannels. You'd think with 100 billion data points and more AI power than every GTX 4090 on the planet that they could've seen how this would play out.

Francisco

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@mc_ksimpson said: We'll even lock it in with a 12-month commitment if you'd like.

I really smell and bait'n'switch coming after 12-months.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 23

@Francisco said:

I'm not sure if the OP recognized Mike (one of the founders of InterServer) in this thread, who acted like a gentleman here.
    Great people at InterServer. I remember a couple of years ago, when I still had Shared Hosting at InterServer, John, one of their other co-founders, responded to a ticket about an error that one of the other support personnel could've fixed. This was a nice surprise, as answering tickets isn't something you expect the founders to do (after running their business for over 20 overs).

I hope mail.baby/InterServer gains more clients from this thread.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Francisco is absolutely right. Interserver provides the developers, rack full of servers, /19 of ip, abuse department staff, and everything else needed to run a business. Stand alone the baby would cost 10's of thousands to run. It is and would be totally unprofitable.

We originally started it to reduce our mail channels bill that was in the thousands. Then John suggested that we should sell it to customers. It was a joke at first. We said let's spin it off and call it something stupid. I typed mail into domain search. First result mail.baby. Nine months later Baby was born.

We always had the ability to run it without mc. But we thought why cut them out. Let's spread the joy let them make some $$$. We did not want to run the whole thing anyway. Little did we know they would give us 2 weeks to bounce. Little did they know we had all we need and bounced in a weekend.

We never competed with Mc target client. They got a taste of all our mail volume.

In the last two years I'm the shmuck that turned away any potential customers asking for millions of emails and suggested they go to Mc directly.

These acts of baby abuse are absurd. They are in a price war with themselves. I am sure that they would not appreciate baby offering 1 year free mail to any of their customers..........