Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BurstNET Update: Termination of Services - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BurstNET Update: Termination of Services

2»

Comments

• RBHRBH Member

I used BurstNET for production purposes for good 3 years. Until the moment BurstNET was acquired by DigiPlus. Immediate cancellation and migration to other providers. Glad I got that done... if I was still with BurstNET I'd by working my ass off migrating away.

Too much stress to deal with.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

@AlexanderM said:
    Ironic how the burst.net representative was always giving VolumeDrive hell. Karma Bitch

I remember those comments too -- there were highly unprofessional. They reflected the poor management and leadership at BurstNET.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

haha

after bursting volumedrive, they got themselves bursted...

• some of my servers are online now. time to backup

• RLTRLT Member

I wonder who will pop up to take their place?

• RLTRLT Member

With the vacuum they will leave someone is sure to try and fill it.

• @RLT said:
    With the vacuum they will leave someone is sure to try and fill it.

VolumeDrive? :-)

• RLTRLT Member

Lol that would be funny if they succeeded.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@RLT, VolumeDrive might fill it (in some ways); but the real winners in some of this turmoil (IMHO) are any of the reputable providers, especially "cloud" based services that offer multiple locations, HA, etc.

Every year the technology gets better and the prices get somewhat better and there is more choice (not referring to the "summerhosts") .......... and the reliable providers shine through even more.

Also, ancillary services (such as CDN, GeoDNS, etc) get more cost effective.

So, it is not necessary to have all services with a single provider. In fact, as part of a good business continuity plan you should never be dependent on just one provider in order to hopefully insulate yourself from one (no matter how large) going "belly up."

You just have to keep improving your ability to detect when a host is failing so that you can proactively avoid the drama.

• @Licensecart said:
    Business as usual.

good way to get rid of all the debt they've had during construction, but I thought once you go bankrupt you'll have to sell all the assets (including the new DC and servers)?

• @zhuanyi said:
    good way to get rid of all the debt they've had during construction, but I thought once you go bankrupt you'll have to sell all the assets (including the new DC and servers)?

Not sure maybe they just give everything back, but I don't think they are going bankrupt they just are closing the company officially. Liquidation or something.

• Anyone in their LA dc? I have one server has been down more than 6 hours now.. :(

Yet, still no reply from their support team.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think they're just leaving the VPS market - probably because the headache-per-dollar is a lot higher than on colo/dedi. All their VPS offerings are out of stock, though the page is still up on their site.

Good riddance...burst was always junk for VPSes.

• XeiXei Member

They were the best and most reliable Windows VPS provider for that price point. Not sure if anyone will fill in that gap... /shrugs

• @Wira_Soenaryo - I've been getting a lot of BurstNet information the past few days.

From what I have heard today, BurstNet LA has been transferred to another company, they will provide your service on-going but you will need to contact them to setup your account and billing.

BurstNet PA now NC will be transferring to a company with datacentres in Charlotte and Atlanta.

• They shoulda' just moved back into their old Scranton facility.

• I think the tenant who leased the other half of the building is or has expanded into the former Burstnet space

• MikeInMikeIn Member

I am too late to know this. But Burst went on to close down! Is a very Shocking news.

Some Court cases to it or it's client.

• jbiloh said: There must be some serious financial pain over there.

Maybe Jon / Colocrossing can find a way to save burst. Or maybe EIG.