Restore nginx to default config

Restore nginx to default config

juan_144juan_144 Member
edited October 2012 in General

I removed the package, releted all files, reinstalled and the system left the dirs empty. Where is the trigger? I think it is suposed to redo all missing files required.

Tagged:

Comments

• Is /etc/nginx removed?

DNMin - Free domain manager Supports unlimited domain

• How are you removing/reinstalling/etc, what operating system, what configuration? If it's the official debian/ubunutu packages from wiki.nginx.org it should install even the default config to something like /etc/nginx. If it's freebsd /usr/local/etc/nginx/ and so forth.

Need more information to give you a specific answer.

KBeezie - Insignificant little blog about Nginx, FreeBSD, fun stuff | PhoenixVPS - Managed Support Representative
  • I use Debian 6 32 bits, the /etc/nginx was removed after a normal uninstall using apt-get.

When I reinstall, with apt-get too, but the config is not recreated.

• Run dpkg --get-selections | grep nginx to see if there are any packages marked with "install" or "deinstall" Then run apt-get purge [packagename] and replace [packagename] with the packages from the first command's output.

Fusioned | KVM SSD VPS | LSI RAID10 | Netherlands 1Gbps | R1Soft | IPv4 & IPv6 | SolusVM
    Thanked by 1juan_144
  • @George_Fusioned said: Then run apt-get purge [packagename] and replace [packagename] with the packages from the first command's output.

Thanks, it worked. But why the system do it?

• When you apt-get remove [packagename] apt removes installed package, but leaves configuration files intact. apt-get purge [packagename] on the other hand, completely removes a package and it's associated configuration files.

Fusioned | KVM SSD VPS | LSI RAID10 | Netherlands 1Gbps | R1Soft | IPv4 & IPv6 | SolusVM
    Thanked by 1seikan