Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

how to check current vps speeds

how to check current vps speeds

sandrosandro Member
edited October 2012 in General

Hello, is there a way to check the current transfer speeds of the whole server o per application? For speeds I mean the Internet data that goes out and in aka upload and download.

Comments

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

iftop?

ipsmasked, dont get mad

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• iftop, vnstat, iptraf, or if you want pretty graphs use Cacti, or centreon, observium, and config snmp.

• iftop looks perfect (even though I don't see the application "connected" to the remote IP) but it doesn't work for me. Whatever interface I set to listen to it shows nothing. Is it supposed to work on OpenVZ?

• @sandro Are you running CentOS or Debian, Ubuntu etc (yum or APT-GET)

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

Try bmon? (screenshot shows me running it on OVZ)

bmon

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I'm using ubuntu. bmon works. Is there something more detailed per user/server?

• arieonlinearieonline Member
    edited October 2012

per application? try nethogs

apt-get install nethogs

http://nethogs.sourceforge.net/