Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Something Extraordinary About You?

Something Extraordinary About You?

serverbearserverbear Member
edited August 2012 in General

Purpose of this thread, tell LET something extraordinary about you that they don't know.

Could be some sort of achievement, something you excel in, whatever you want.

I'll start - I used to be a DJ/Music Producer, I've released over 15 tracks in the past & have had the likes of Digweed/Sasha/Hybrid play my music (if you know who they are).

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.

Comments

• I like Diglett

VPN.sh - Secure and affordable VPN services

• I was a Dj/ Producer too back in the 90's rave scene I use to play with the top Drum and Bass Dj's like roni size, ed rush & optical, Bad Company, Andy C, Metalheadz, ak1200, Dieselboy, J- magik and others etzzz I use to open or close to the imported talent Wow wow Good times.... I miss the OLD days ..LOL

https://www.simplydigitalhosting.com/ We are the 1st Virtualmin web host to be using PHP-FPM for efficient PHP websites! Shared Hosting, Un-managed VPS, Managed VPS, Minecraft VPS, Dedicated Servers all with excellent support

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • When I'm not fiddling around with servers, I'm usually out flying to get my Private Pilot's License. Eventually going to get enough cash to train up and fly the big jets; anyone fancy lending me $80,00? :)

Cloud Shards | United Kingdom Representative
    Buffalo, Dallas, Los Angeles | 24/7 Global Support
    VPS, Dedicated and Atlassian solutions.

• I'm a nurse...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    http://raymii.org - http://sparklingnetwork.nl - Need a VPS Control Panel? http://z1s.org/ - Need a VPS that doesn't suck? http://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=083
  • I'm just normal person.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • When you find that perfect VPS, KEEP IT.

• @Raymii said: I'm a nurse...

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
    Thanked by 2giang FieldMoose
  • I crack heads up, look for anomalies and fix it.

• if I told you I'm not ordinary person, you will be scared so much. LOL

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - powered by Prometeus XenBiz | Server Uptime status - powered by Prometeus Xen Pune
    I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.
  • @serverbear chortle, thanks for that Ü

• @FieldMoose said: chortle, thanks for that Ü

I get more thanks when I post funny pictures than anything else :P

• My name is Marc and I own VPS Node Box. Since I've found this community I fell in love with it. I have an obsessive compulsive personality and I am a perfectionist. The good thing about this is that I succeed at almost everything I try, the bad thing is that I overwork myself and it consumes me. However at the end of the day positive results make me feel good about the work that I do, and it makes me happy if I can make someone else happy, even a complete stranger that I have never met.

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited August 2012

I know how to sew clothes using sewing machine. I know how to cut some of my personal clothes for home use.

Started a software shop with colleagues in 2007 fulltime (http://brewsoftcorp.com/) but due to financial crisis during those years, were forced to do any job that will pay (java, php, c++)

Thanked by 2NanoG6 SDH_TREXTOR
  • @jcaleb Sewing takes patience and skill. So does coding. Congrats on your skills :)

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

thanks man! sewing takes a lot from your back. i can only do it for 2 hours at a time. i admire those who do it fulltime

• Workaholic

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps |
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting | Snap.SX

• @jcaleb Both my grandmothers did it allot, and mostly without a machine :) @MikHo Yes, but it's fulfilling, isn't it? :)

• A great relative of mine was once the cup bearer to the royal family.

I was featured in a 4 page spread in a magazine.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited August 2012

• Shit.

• @toratekdotnet Got back last week from vacation and put in 80 hour week..... Slow start first week :)

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps |
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting | Snap.SX

• ZenZen Member

My mother said something and it was used as an out of context quote by the local newspaper, a school riot ensued and the kids started talking shit about me - my solution was to go all political on their ass and within 3 lessons and a lunch I felt like I was running for president.

AGE 11.

True story.

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • PatsPats Member
    edited August 2012

@toratekdotnet said: if I can make someone else happy, even a complete stranger that I have never met

cough-cough.. so when is my turn? i find happiness in simple things.. perhaps a cough free Node... issit too simple? in that case even a free LEB will do... :P

Thanked by 2NanoG6 SDH_TREXTOR
  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited August 2012

i am a normal person, but i like to eat bakut teh/pratta

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

Nothing at all, I'm just a 14 year old twat.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Beside my day work as senior developer and running my own business I'm the martial arts instructor.

Thanked by 2Zen SDH_TREXTOR
  • ZenZen Member

@gbshouse said: martial arts instructor.

Whereabouts?

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • i didnt write my thesis for about 3 years and got another extension....

20GB free space in COPY.com (opens in a new tab)(really...)

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited August 2012

I'm the only long-time lowendtalk member who has never cussed at another member, talked bad about someone, or got in a fight. Though, I suppose there is a first time for everything.

It doesn't seem like much, but I like to find solutions rather than cause problems. To that end I've authored over 30 open source projects followed by hundreds of developers and run two tutorial sites.

So why did I just write this? Am I just trying to look good here?

A lot of people just accept their unhelpful attitudes as normal - and even acceptable. I want people to see that we can help each other and there isn't a need for some of the strife that goes on a day-by-day basis. If I can manage to hold my tongue once in a while, you can too.

In the end it's more helpful, yet often tougher to do this than the more impressive feats we do.
    Because being nice and helpful doesn't get you fanfare.

@gbshouse said: the martial arts instructor

What type of martial arts, what is it called?

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Pencak Silat? :D

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - powered by Prometeus XenBiz | Server Uptime status - powered by Prometeus Xen Pune
  • @Infinity - 2 DAN in Eskrima, beside that military CQB and knife fighting.

edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Pencak Silat? :D

Silat, I've done that before, Malaysian isn't it?

@gbshouse said: @Infinity - 2 DAN in Eskrima, beside that military CQB and knife fighting.

Interesting, I've done a few different types of martial arts but now I just stick to Kickboxing and Thai Boxing, not that I particularly like it.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Pencak Silat is originally from Indonesia :)

• @Xeoncross said: I'm the only long-time lowendtalk member who has never cussed at another member, talked bad about someone, or got in a fight. Though, I suppose there is a first time for everything.

It doesn't seem like much, but I like to find solutions rather than cause problems. To that end I've authored over 30 open source projects followed by hundreds of developers and run two tutorial sites.

So why did I just write this? Am I just trying to look good here?

A lot of people just accept their unhelpful attitudes as normal - and even acceptable. I want people to see that we can help each other and there isn't a need for some of the strife that goes on a day-by-day basis. If I can manage to hold my tongue once in a while, you can too.

In the end it's more helpful, yet often tougher to do this than the more impressive feats we do. Because being nice and helpful doesn't get you fanfare.

What a tool. Why are you such a tool? Man. You really are a tool. Tool.

• I like burritos. A lot. I've been known to drive up to 5 hours for food, and I'm not even fat...yet.

jarland.me | Read about my new hosting experiment.

• @subigo No offence, but your posts lately have come across a little asshole-ish.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @AsadHaider People that are hidden behind a keyboard, a screen and their NIC always think that for some reason they are immune, anonymous or better than everyone else. This has been an issue since the mid to late 90's, when the masses started having access to the Internet. I remember a few people having their asses kicked over crap they said in a IRC channel. So don't be to hard on @subigo - this is an almost 2 decade old problem and it's not unique to him by any stretch.

• @toratekdotnet said: @AsadHaider People that are hidden behind a keyboard, a screen and their NIC always think that for some reason they are immune, anonymous or better than everyone else. This has been an issue since the mid to late 90's, when the masses started having access to the Internet. I remember a few people having their asses kicked over crap they said in a IRC channel. So don't be to hard on @subigo - this is an almost 2 decade old problem and it's not unique to him by any stretch.

Suck a dick. Most everyone knows my real name and address.

• @subigo I didn't insult you or curse you out so please watch your language.

• @toratekdotnet said: @subigo I didn't insult you or curse you out so please watch your language.

Or what? You're going to cry?

• @subigo or go fuck yourself.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited August 2012

@toratekdotnet said: @subigo or go fuck yourself.

Ah. Poor guy. Big bad anonymous Internet bullies are making you say bad words.

• ZenZen Member

...nah, nevermind.

• @subigo this is what you said to me: "Suck a dick." - I did not start cursing and I thought that everyone was civilized around here, but I was wrong. I asked you to please be civilized, but you kept at it. I am not just going to let you continuously insult me.

• JackJack Member

@toratekdotnet said: @subigo this is what you said to me: "Suck a dick." - I did not start cursing and I thought that everyone was civilized around here, but I was wrong. I asked you to please be civilized, but you kept at it. I am not just going to let you continuously insult me.

Take it to Private messages unless you would like to dig a nice big hole and ruin your rep.

• @Zen said: ...nah, nevermind.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer for copyright infringement.

http://zenssh.com

• @Jack far from be it to use foul language, I absolutely hate to insult anyone or take any discussion to a personal level. I am sorry but I had to say something to @subigo, otherwise he wasn't going to stop. I see this pretty often, that people come to a forum to vent, but it's absolutely the wrong place to do it. If you want stress relief you can always work out, jog or hit something (a pillow maybe?!). Talking dirty on a forum and insulting others isn't the way to do it.

Thanked by 1Xeoncross
  • @Infinity said: I'm just a 14 year old twat.

@Infinity, did you know in America, a twat is slang for a females genitalia.

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 1Randy