Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Poll - 1st half of 2012 (EU and Asia)

Poll - 1st half of 2012 (EU and Asia)

gbshousegbshouse Member
edited July 2012 in Providers

I know that there was a poll recently (made by @liam) but I want to try something different. There is a lot of questions about best providers in specific location or technology so ... ... please put only one provider name in each category (you can choose only few categories if you want)

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (KVM)

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (OpenVZ)

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (Xen/VMWare/Other) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (Xen/VMWare/Other)

Poll will be closed on 2012-07-09 00:00 UTC

I will draw one person - prize: 1 month of EDIS KVM Smart. Note: For draw purposes I will merge votes from both topics (US and EU/Asia)

Rules (similar to @liam's poll)

• You have to be active user >= 30 days
  • You can't vote for your company.
  • One entry per person
  • You plan has to be within the <$7 limit

Please feel free to PM me in case of questions

Update: limited to EU and Asia, there is another poll for US

Tagged:

Comments

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) EDIS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) EDIS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia and rest of the World (KVM) n/a

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) Prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (OpenVZ) Ransom IT

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) Castlegem Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (Xen/VMWare/Other) Castlegem Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (Xen/VMWare/Other) n/a

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
    Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • My votes

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) EDIS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) EDIS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia and rest of the World (KVM) n/a

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) n/a Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) n/a Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (OpenVZ) n/a

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) n/a Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (Xen/VMWare/Other) n/a Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia (Xen/VMWare/Other) n/a

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited July 2012

i vote for prometeus (kvm) and allsimple (xen). i have box with them, but i dont know which part of europe they are.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@jcaleb said: i vote for prometeus and allsimple. i have box with them, but i dont know which part of europe they are.

Prometeus- Italy 'East' Allsimple- UK 'West'

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2012

@liam Looking at the map, if Italy is East then so is Austria and Germany :)

• rds100rds100 Member

And my vote: EU KVM (i think it should be west EU) - prometeus

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@rds100 said: @liam Looking at the map, if Italy is East then so is Austria and Germany :)

True, I'd say Everything past Austria is east then.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited July 2012

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) Prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) AllSimple

Thanks liam

edit: this locations are hard for the brain

• Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - Asia and rest of the World (KVM) Whplus.com ( Indonesian)

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) Prometeus

Best provider of KVM in EU : Prometeus and Edis

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - powered by Prometeus XenBiz | Server Uptime status - powered by Prometeus Xen Pune
    I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

@gbshouse said: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eastern-Europe-small.png

I assume gray - west, orange - east

I would say though that Graz and Vienna is probably 'east'. But I'll stick with your map.

• @liam - I want to use "old" kind of splitting Europe since the differences in infrastructure quality etc.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • My vote: Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) Fitvps

IperWeb & Prometeus, Hosting Provider since 1997. iwStack cloud infrastructure
  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited July 2012

That's too many categories (I'm not going to even bother), should've had just three, US, EU and Asia, or two, if you for some reason exclude the US.

Also funny how Germany is an Eastern Europe country for some.

• Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM): prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM): GetKVM (I'm just considering Germany as East so I can vote for GetKVM)

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • @liam said: True, I'd say Everything past Austria is east then.

No!!!! Meh whatever I'm voting for Prometeus and GetKVM regardless! insert evil sinister laugh here

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • @rm_ - it's old map with separate East and West Germany - let's assume that right now Germany is West Europe

• @HalfEatenPie said: Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM): GetKVM (I'm just considering Germany as East so I can vote for GetKVM)

Thank you <3

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Question, who are the providers in Asia?

• @liam said: I would say though that Graz and Vienna is probably 'east'. But I'll stick with your map.

By location: Partly. By culture: No, certainly not.

Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious - Content is protected by free speech laws in the US (where LET is hosted) and Austria (where i live). Working @ EDIS and owning some others.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

@William said: By location: Partly. By culture: No, certainly not.

I meant geography wise... I guess Austria is technicially 'West' as that was the furthest West allie during the cold war.

• marrcomarrco Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) PROMETEUS

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) PROMETEUS

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) PROMETEUS

(yes, i also have one of their early experiment not kvm/ovz)

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 OVERALL (east/west/xen/ovz/kvm/whatever) Prometeus

mention for second and third place to: -) OpenITC XenVZ (UK) (xen) -) PCSmart Group XEN Smart (UK) (ovz and xen)

special mention for all regions to OVH VKS (free or not)

• Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) -> TinyKVM (Would be KillerIO, but my plan doesn't meet the requirements :( ) Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) -> MiniVPS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other) -> Inception Hosting

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU east, west, south, north KVM Opnvz -> prometeus

Thanked by 1Liam
  • tuxtux Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM): pyramidserver.com Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other): VMPort Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ): torqhost

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @LAKid Prometeus can only cover Italy... Which is uhm.. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090126182149AARvLlS

• Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM):Prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ): MiniVPS Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other): Inception Hosting

This signature is brought to you by the NSA. Spying on the entire world since 1952!

• fanfan Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (Xen/VMWare/Other): DreamServers.uk.com (now over 180 days of uptime, $0)

• LAKidLAKid Member

@ eastonch Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU east, west, south, north KVM Opnvz -> prometeus

• I'll try to update the results once per day Feel free to contact me if you want to update, change or whatever https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuhX-9S3FQvydERtYjItVHpULW1SNjgxQ2tzWFc3elE

• SpiritSpirit Administrator
    edited July 2012

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) - prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) - torqhost

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (OpenVZ) - Oderland Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (OpenVZ) - torqhost

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West Xen Castlegem Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East Xen Castlegem

Under Xen section I need to mention also always excellent AllSimple and XenVZ/OpenITC!

Torqhost location from tux vote above should be changed to east as baltic (ex soviet union) states can't be considered as western europe no matter what :)

• PhilPhil Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) Prometeus Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU East (KVM) EDIS

• NightNight Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM): Prometeus

• tuxtux Member

@Spirit said: Torqhost location from tux vote above should be changed to east as baltic (ex soviet union) states can't be considered as western europe no matter what :)

But if Finland is in western Europe, so Estonian is also, because it located southern side of Finland.

• President Of Operations/CEO/CFO/CTO/COO of my account

• rds100rds100 Member

The East/West Europe division is (was) mostly political, not so much geographical.

• @gbshouse said: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eastern-Europe-small.png

I assume gray - west, orange - east

• OliverOliver Member

Australia is a continent! We need our own category IMO.

Ransom IT | ɹǝpun uʍop sdʌ | vps down under | KVM in Sydney and Adelaide | OpenVZ in Adelaide
  • innyainnya Member

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (KVM) - prometeus

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (openvz) - prometeus

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - EU West (VMWare) - Corgitech

• @Oliver said: Australia is a continent! We need our own category IMO.

and then send your national football team back to Oceania Confederation.. :D

Yes! I'm with Carstensz Pyramid Server Now stop asking me please :D
  • OliverOliver Member

Hah, so tiny Europe gets divided in two for the purpose of this poll but our country which is made up of 1 country gets clumped in together with our stretching all the way up to Japan. Crazy!

Ransom IT | ɹǝpun uʍop sdʌ | vps down under | KVM in Sydney and Adelaide | OpenVZ in Adelaide
  • @Oliver - how many LEB providers do you have in Europe and how many in Australia? If you really want I can create separate category but I'm sure that there will be 2 maybe 3 providers listed

• OliverOliver Member

Haha mate I am not really being serious. I am pretty sure I'm the only one running a business who has ever offered a LEB deal here in Australia anyway. ;-)

• @Oliver said: Haha mate I am not really being serious. I am pretty sure I'm the only one running a business who has ever offered a LEB deal here in Australia anyway. ;-)

don't you feel lonely? :P

IperWeb & Prometeus, Hosting Provider since 1997. iwStack cloud infrastructure
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

@prometeus He's like lonesome George out there ;-) (btw. Hope you don't die!)

• OliverOliver Member

@prometeus said: don't you feel lonely? :P

Lonely is just another way of saying special.

• SpiritSpirit Administrator
    edited July 2012

@tux said: But if Finland is in western Europe, so Estonian is also

Nordic countries are considered as western countries mostly because political and economic reasons but how can you seriously consider Estonia (ex soviet union) as western european country? :)

Eastern europe start with Slavic countries (Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia..) goes up to baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) and down to hellenic Greece. If you take meridian over Finland as representative then we would cosider as western europe also countries as Belarus, Ukraine, Romania... but things don't work that way in real world :)