Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems: no answer, no refund, unstable service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems: no answer, no refund, unstable service

They had a cheap yearly offer and I grab one server for monitoring purposes however their network is so unstable that it's unsuitable for this. It keep having packet loss and network issues.

I opened a ticket at them a few days ago provided trace routes ping results from different locations so they can look into it. Andrew replied that he is looking into it.

A day later no update on it so I logged in to update the ticket but I noticed it was already set to answered without a reply. I asked for an update and why it is set to answered. After another day I logged in to check whats happening and the ticket was closed?!.

I opened a ticket for refund but it was closed without reply as well. So whats next?

Does Andrew care about such or I better go with a paypal dispute?

Comments

• said: Andrew replied that he is looking into it.

If I get a quarter each time I read this..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hehe I read about the poor performance but I thought network is at least stable….

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

WYSIWYG. Maybe learn a lesson form this? Choosing the cheapest (Unmanaged) deal, not doing any research about the company you purchased from before hand and then trying to get support on an unmanaged service is maybe not the way to go. This is especially true if your trying to use the server for production in a situation where you have to have good routes to specific locations.

This is not a disputable issue, they made no guarantee to you that the routes would always be perfect, they just guaranteed the service would be online (in some form). What I would do is, get a new server with a more reputable and reliable provider (do the research this time maybe) and leave the server with 123systems sit by the side and use it as a dev box or something else.

I highly doubt they will refund you, as they really have no obligation to and opening a paypal dispute in this case would be fraudulent as you do currently have the service and it is 'working' even if not up to the standards your wanting. Also, by opening a dispute they likely have a clause where there will cease to do business with you, which means they will likely terminate your account even if you have time remaining on it.

As they can likely prove that your service does 'work' you would then lose the paypal dispute and lose your account and end up with nothing at all to show for your money instead of just an unstable server.

TL;DR:

DO NOT BUY YEARLY ACCOUNTS FROM COMPANIES YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE ARE STABLE AND THAT YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH. Otherwise, you should go into the purchase allowing for the idea that you will likely not get any money back if things don't work as planned. If you have read around this forum at all, you should already know this.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2Prestige geekalot
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

Andrew always responds with 'Am looking into this' and 4 out of 5 times nothing will come of it. Their SolusVM panel is down all the time for hours on end.

Avoid at all costs.

• I used 123systems for a while, they were good but after some times they didn't reply on tickets and on of my servers were down for 3 weeks so I left them and I think I will never use them again

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    WYSIWYG. Maybe learn a lesson form this? Choosing the cheapest (Unmanaged) deal, not doing any research about the company you purchased from before hand and then trying to get support on an unmanaged service is maybe not the way to go. This is especially true if your trying to use the server for production in a situation where you have to have good routes to specific locations.

This is not a disputable issue, they made no guarantee to you that the routes would always be perfect, they just guaranteed the service would be online (in some form). What I would do is, get a new server with a more reputable and reliable provider (do the research this time maybe) and leave the server with 123systems sit by the side and use it as a dev box or something else.

I highly doubt they will refund you, as they really have no obligation to and opening a paypal dispute in this case would be fraudulent as you do currently have the service and it is 'working' even if not up to the standards your wanting. Also, by opening a dispute they likely have a clause where there will cease to do business with you, which means they will likely terminate your account even if you have time remaining on it.

As they can likely prove that your service does 'work' you would then lose the paypal dispute and lose your account and end up with nothing at all to show for your money instead of just an unstable server.

TL;DR:

DO NOT BUY YEARLY ACCOUNTS FROM COMPANIES YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE ARE STABLE AND THAT YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH. Otherwise, you should go into the purchase allowing for the idea that you will likely not get any money back if things don't work as planned. If you have read around this forum at all, you should already know this.

Cheers!

You really getting me angry. 123systems has been in business for a few years now i.e it's a well established company.

How the f@ck they made no guarantees that the routes will always be perfect and my server will be up all the times? Have you read their TOS or you just saying things?

"1. SLA (Service Level Agreement). The below stated will be functioning all of the time except in maintenance windows, If the below stated are not functioning all of the time then you are subject to claim your SLA credits. "

Can you elaborate why it would be fraudulent exactly? They are not providing what they promised.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

I think your confused here. I don't have to do anything for you. I already offered you my opinion and made a very good suggestion about how this should be handled. If you don't want to use my suggestion, that is fine. I am just telling you, that the provider is pretty crap overall and the outcome I suggested is likely what will occur if you choose to go down the path of a dispute, whether you like it or not.

Cheers!

• Found your ticket(s) based on your name.

Payment refunded, best of luck with your next provider.

• @123Systems said:
    Found your ticket(s) based on your name.

Payment refunded, best of luck with your next provider.

What is up Andrew?

• Yes I can confirm it's refunded. Thank you @123Systems