Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am unable to reach my VPS Server from outside with its IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am unable to reach my VPS Server from outside with its IPv6

arwanyarwany Member
edited February 2014 in Help

Hello guys,

well, after many searching in this website and others, I can not find a solution for my problem.

I have VPS Server with 1 IPv4 (the server is reachable with this) and 5 IPv6 (not reachable with any).

I tried to reach my server with one of the IPv6 but I am still unable to do so, please help me.

My single question is: what should I do to be able to reach my server with the IPv6?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Check if your Client/LAN/Router/Modem supports IPv6
    • Check if no iptables6-rule on the Client/Server is in the way
  • Those IPv6 addresses are responding to ping6s.

• I can not reach any IPv6 from my PC, I just found out that, would anybody please help me with that? I have windows 8 PC!

• @arwany said:
    I can not reach any IPv6 from my PC, I just found out that, would anybody please help me with that? I have windows 8 PC!

maybe your modem n router not supporting ipv6

• Most of consumers's ISPs/modems/routers don't support ipv6 yet

• Thank you guys, I just found out that my Router does not support IPv6
    This has answered my question!

• Billion 7800N works well for me with IPv6 on Aquiss (Entanet) if you are looking for a replacement. Setting up IPv6 was a bit non-intuitive but it works well enough.

I see you've removed the addresses from your original post - makes my early post make little sense now :)

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited February 2014

I played with IPv6 once for 2 weeks. It worked fine and as intended for the first 2 days and after that I had same issue and could not connect for nothing. After this i've not wanted to touch an IPv6. Countless hours lost trying to figure it out. All my hardware supports just fine.

Glad you found your cause.