Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for US (East Coast) Dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for US (East Coast) Dedicated server

edited January 2014 in Requests

Budget: $80/month

I'm looking to get a dedicated server for hobby game server hosting, among other things (all legal), with decent specs for the price I'm looking to pay. I'm generally looking for the following:

• 16GB+ RAM
  • 100 Mbits or 1Gbps
  • A cpu that scores relatively decently here: cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
  • Preferably some form of DDoS protection since these are game servers..

I was looking at getting a SP1 with OVH, however they have not been in stock anytime recently. (I will possibly be up to buying an SP1 from someone)

I'm currently with RSNet, but after my server being knocked off twice because of neighboring servers being ddosed, I am looking to move providers.

Comments

• Our servers are located in Boston, MA.
    I can do both 100mbit or 1Gbit with or without bandwidth. How much space and what type of harddrive setup are you looking for?
    I have several dedicated servers ready for deploy with these stats: 24GB Ram and DUAL XEON L5520 2.26GHZ QUAD CORE CPU'S WITH 8MB CACHE.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Budget: $80/month

I'm looking to get a dedicated server for hobby game server hosting, among other things (all legal), with decent specs for the price I'm looking to pay. I'm generally looking for the following:

• 16GB+ RAM
    • 100 Mbits or 1Gbps
    • A cpu that scores relatively decently here: cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    • Preferably some form of DDoS protection since these are game servers..

I was looking at getting a SP1 or SP2 with OVH, however they have not been in stock anytime recently.

SP1's were in stock briefly yesterday actually. You just have to check it continuously.

• Ether way, I can work out a deal cheaper and easier then OVH.

• @MassNodes said:
    Our servers are located in Boston, MA.
    I can do both 100mbit or 1Gbit with or without bandwidth. How much space and what type of harddrive setup are you looking for?
    I have several dedicated servers ready for deploy with these stats: 24GB Ram and DUAL XEON L5520 2.26GHZ QUAD CORE CPU'S WITH 8MB CACHE.

Preferably SSD since, after all, these are game servers. Not entirely sure about the space at this point.

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited January 2014

I currently don't have SSD in stock so I'd have to order them, but I do have 1TB drives. Would two 1TB drives in a raid 1 work? For bandwidth would 20TB on 1Gbit be fine?

So for:

Ram: 24GB

HD: 2x1TB - Raid 1

CPU: DUAL XEON L5520 2.26GHZ QUAD CORE

BW: 20TB on 1Gbit or Unmetered 100mbit

IPs: /29 - 5 Usable

Price: $80/m - No Setup Fee