Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting - Reviews ?? Anyone ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting - Reviews ?? Anyone ??

Hello,

I have liked the below offer from my custom hosting.

https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

I though have not heard of them and am not sure if the support level is great. This is supposed to be a little bit critical VM - Needs to host a controller application.

If anyone has any experience with them please share it.

Thanks

Comments

• c0yc0y Member
    edited November 2013

Advice: host something critical at a provider with solid track record. Ramhost comes to mind

• @Frost, I am hosting some critical apps with catalyst at the moment.
    BHS is a wonderful datacenter and downtimes will be less, therefore I thought I may give it a shot once.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I just ordered one from them. So far, all as expected.

Critical apps, you can try cloud from uncle.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2013

I signed up with them not too long ago but I don't have any complaints with either their service or BHS. MCH is not a hand-holding service, and for the price I don't blame them. Aside from a slightly atypically KVM setup, you have to add a gateway and route while installing your KVM but I believe that's due to OVH, I think MCH is a good choice for any technically competent LEB buyer. The only negative things I have seen were people who did not read the "Welcome" email in it's entirety and missed the part about KVM setup. I will admit that I did this myself on my first go round but rather than submit a ticket, I had a look at the knowledge base and sorted out the problem.

Phil provides a quality service and an excellent price. If it's truly a mission critical app, you could look into something like RackSpace/AWS/other big company here, but I think Phil runs a tight ship and is up there with RamNode for my favorite LEB provider. I just bought one of his specials the other day as well, and I probably will end up picking up another in the future.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Maounique
  • After running some tests, I decided to move my websites to MCH too. My VPS has been rock solid so far! And support is very good...

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • i am a mch client but i can't say this good or not company for me becouse i am still running under 1 month meybe when i has been stay for 3 month then give review
    reason many company only good at starting next who know right..this time i am neutral

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Big thank you to everyone for their kind words!

@Zerocool, I think we will make you a believer, also :P Time will tell

• See their offer thread and you can see wether their customer satisfied or not. I'm using this kind of approach everytime.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2013

they have a tedious process of setting up your networking and if it doesn't work, don't expect the provider to bother looking. he'd rather imply you don't know what you're doing, keep your money and lie to paypal that you 'abused their system'. that's my experience of this host. spec's may be OK but owner is not, in my opinion

• I've put a piece of my core "online" stuff with them and it's been solid.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • just ordered one several days ago, the vps is good, except the OVH network settings is a little confusing, not like other kvm network settings, but the customer service is good and effective, thanks MCHPhil

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2013

@ricardo said: they have a tedious process of setting up your networking

Very true...

and if it doesn't work, don't expect the provider to bother looking. he'd rather imply you don't know what you're doing, keep your money and lie to paypal that you 'abused their system'. that's my experience of this host. spec's may be OK but owner is not, in my opinion

I have had an entirely different experience. I ordered their latest 4GB KVM to play around with virtualization. Unable to make it work with the unorthodox networking setup, which took a couple of days, I explained the problem and asked for a refund. Right off the bat, Phil said "no problem" (takes 3-5 working days). While with them, support was great, tickets answered promptly and to the point.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

You have a FAQ url to setup networking, its not so haaaard. When you have linux knowedge you can do this simply.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited November 2013

MyCustomHosting?haha.

@Edo better as FapVPS.

• @Edo said:
    MyCustomHosting?haha.

Any issue or just trolling?

• Still good

• evan1988evan1988 Member
    edited November 2013

@MCHPhil
    You use very small font for me with monitor laptop 13-inch, I can't read welcome mail for setup route network!

Since 3 Months running, nothing to complain about.

• I like 'em. I have had a few KVM's with MCH since August and am very happy.

• BHS is OVH right? Isn't OVH known for booting VPS hosts?

• mpkossen said: BHS is OVH right? Isn't OVH known for booting VPS hosts?

Last time most people hate and avoiding provider that utilizing OVH lol.

• @evan1988 said:
    MCHPhil
    You use very small font for me with monitor laptop 13-inch, I can't read welcome mail for setup route network!

I'll see about making it bigger.

@mpkossen said:
    BHS is OVH right? Isn't OVH known for booting VPS hosts?

I wondered if those who have said to be booted from OVH were not booted for abuse issues and just happened to be VPS providers.

• MCHPhil said: I wondered if those who have said to be booted from OVH were not booted for abuse issues and just happened to be VPS providers.

Well, yeah. But as a VPS provider you're going to get abuse from your customers. Sorry, I'm not trying to bad-mouth you or anything, but OVH isn't known for being a nice company. It's like a robotic venture.

• @mpkossen said:

Not taken that way at all :D

I guess what I meant by my previous statement was unanswered abuse issues. We get rid of abuse fairly quickly.

• So MCHPhil that can help you.if you want to this.

• @yongchuan2502 said:
    So MCHPhil that can help you.if you want to this.

I'm sorry, I do not understand what you mean :(

• MCHPhil said: We get rid of abuse fairly quickly.

That helps, of course :-)